It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi's son: We lied about Lockerbie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Gaddafi's son: We lied about Lockerbie

www.news.com.au

LIBYAN leader Muammar Gaddafi's son says his country accepted responsibility for the 1988 Lockerbie airliner bombing only to get sanctions lifted and called victims' families greedy.

Seif al-Islam admitted the move was hypocritical, saying he believed that Abdelbaset Ali Mohmet al-Megrahi, the former Libyan intelligence officer convicted of the bombing, was not responsible.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Who do we believe?

It's an interesting claim, given that Condy is going to pay them a visit.

I wonder what really happened to that plane.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Right Libya, well it was a very rich country doing lots of business with some European countries. The US was not happy and neither was the UK as they were left out, so they bombed themselves and blamed Gheddafi with no proof. The country was sanctioned and the countries in Europe that were doing well out of Libya were screwed. Now the US and the UK get all the business deals and those other EU countries, especially Italy, are screwed because they fell for the Anglo-Jew terror for sanctions BS. Sanctions and accusations of terror means the sanctioned country is isolated and forced to go do business with the accusers and the old business partners that did not stand up for them loose out....Gheddafi has told Italian officials to go screw as they didn't stand up for Libya when Libya was being attacked and sanctioned...Why would Libya bomb the UK, it was financing the IRA, it didn't need to attract attention to itself....now Blair and Bush are happily snapping up deals with Libya. The problem is that Libya was a gold mine for Italy and Italy suffered tremendously when it had to enforce embargoes...infact Italy's economy never revived.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
didn't we kill his son in an air strike back in the mid-80's?

I don't trust any of them. to them its okay to lie to americans

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

on key evidence was left out
the eye witness who fingured the person out in the line up
had seen the image of the person beforhand in the paper

which meant that was flawed from the start
and something that should have been told to the defence team.

also these people are greedy mugs

family death = Big pay day and life of luxuary

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It was his infant daughter.

I know, it's a one-lner, but not much else to say....

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
I don't trust any of them. to them its okay to lie to americans

What gives America any moral authority to think that it shouldn't be lied to?

What about your President telling the world about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
please read www.timesonline.co.uk...
i met a man called Hindawhi a palastinian who told me his distant cousin was responsable with others for the bombing of that plane in a response to the americans shooting down a civilian aircraft flying from iran over the straights of hormus see en.wikipedia.org...
he told me the device that set off the bomb was a mercury barometric type and the electronic device that was "found" at lockerbie scene was too modern for the bomb makers, this also fits facts about the height of pan am 103 due to bad weather the flight path took flight 103 above land for much further than normal and the required height for the bomb to detonate would have seen the plane past over Ireland & above the atlantic leaving many less clues as happened to a air india aircraft in 1985

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bubbles75

Do you have any evidence (beyond the circumstantial)? Or is this just guesswork?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
A bbc program tonight on bbc 2 covers the lockerbie disaster, i wonder how much the facts as i and Private Eye writer paul foot heard them are reveiled
i am amazed at the lack of interest in this thread to the point of hopelessness. What does it take to get even ats members interested????????? or perhaps the oficial line is true and i along with a few others are all crazy ??????????

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by satire111

OK say hes telling the truth and the cia planed evidence, it still leaves me with the question of why? and who? If Libya was not responsible and it was a "response to the americans shooting down a civilian aircraft flying from iran over the straights of hormus" why was this not the story or inquiry, why was libya implicated, what was to gain from all this?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It suited the british and american goverment of the time, thatcher and bush senior to blame libya, a thorn in the sides of both goverments and no source of oil,for the bombing
The first gulf war was comming up and it would be a lot easier to blame libya than antagonise the iranian goverment who backed the syrian led poular front for the liberation of palestine

new topics

top topics

join