It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Global Meltdown!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Now that our new forum has started to evolve, I would like to introduce myself as the FSME (Forum Subject Matter Expert) of Global Meltdown and share some of my vision for this forum.

First of all Major Thanks for ATS creating this forum. It's the most exciting thing for me since I've been here. First because it's greatly needed right now, and secondly because there is so much information about financials & economics that we need to get educated on.

As your FSME I intend to work very hard to "spread the word" on a lot of issues that are of great importance, and many that are going unnoticed by J6P (you and me - Joe 6 pack)
The Bank failures, the mortgage/credit crisis, the shortage of insurance in the FDIC, the housing situation, the unemployment, yada yada till the cows come home. The Global repercussions!

In addition, I am going to be very free with applause for posts that provide real research, thought and even serious speculation that deserves attention. I really want to see this become a serious source of information fiancial and economic around the world. This in particular is a concern for me. What is going on in the US (the bulk of what is being posted) focuses on the US, but this is and HAS spilled over to the entire world. I would like to see more reports from other Countries by members who live there. Start a thread for your Country and keep us updated!

In addition, as your FSME, I have been granted permission (here and from another Board) for the sharing of some serious US shenanigans that is flying under the radar for most of us. This information will begin to be presented by me as a weekly thread, for discussion from Karl Denninger's board. Please do not inudate his Board with "tin foil", he has no patience for it and is way too busy to be dealing with it. Here on ATS of course take it to the extreme. I have always found some "tin foil" does lead to the truth, if not just the "ah ha!", and that is what I like about ATS. (But please, keep your Titles on topic.)

SHARE SHARE SHARE!

Be sure to check out new posters who focus in depth on particular issues. Such as one of our newest contributors Andrew E. Wiggins who is focusing on credit issues and providing a wealth of information, both on what is going on in this area, and what to do if you have problems in this area.

Got your own pet peeve you want to focus on like Andrew is, go for it!

Finally, any suggestions or ideas you have for this forum, feel free to respond to this thread to help me make this a wothy forum for you (or if not comfortable with that, send a U2U).

Your humble FSME,

Relentless

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wow, and applause goes to you.

I generally steer clear of this forum in its old incarnation yet it is one of my greatest concerns on a daily basis.

Thankyou for giving your time at this critical point in our shared global economic meltdown.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
You're Welcome!

Also, anything in particular you (all members) want researched, but haven't got the time, just ask. If I can squeeze it into my schedule, I'll get a thread started on it.

P.S. If someone asks for a thread topic here and another member has the time and info already put together, go for it, repsond back here with a link if you like.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well I see that this has to do with the economical woes that are facing this nation.

Interesting that when I read the name of the forum I thought this has to do with climate and the environment.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hmmmmm........

I wonder if that's why so many people are missing it.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Don't realize there's a new forum on ATS, must have missed the U2U.

Funny though, I don't think a global economic meltdown is ever gonna happen. But then again who knows.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
We will see tomorrow, this thread is worth taking a look at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is there a site where we can see whats happening on the other side of the world to get some idea of how their markets are doing ahead of us?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh yes, I'm already in that thread.

Market has just closed here. It's not doing well. The entire asian indices went south. But Hang Seng and Nikkei are on holiday.

And as for CNBC, Bloomberg, they seem to make a huge deal out of it. Maybe it's a huge deal, we'll just have to wait several hours until US opening.

Try Yahoo Finance. This link is for asian indices.

Yahoo

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
'Tis about time we had a forum for this topic!

Just posted one about the Lehman failure in context of the world economy- check it out!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This forum is going to get more popular...

This forum should be moved up.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I cannot seem to find a link to this forum from the main page....?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Alphard

Well, it is down towards the bottom in Other Current Events. find it and make it a favorite forum

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
'___'eed I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that this new forum is going to get very popular with all the conspiracy surrounding what is going on in Washington right now behind close doors.

The following weeks will be prime news for threads in this forum.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
As the members getting more panicky about the economy, the more popular it gets! :LOL:

This forum definitely could become one of the most popular forum in ATS. The downside is it could be flooded with rather lame threads.

Maybe there should be a submit news function exclusively for global meltdown or the economy, so it'll be easier to submit news about them. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Just the fact that this thread exists scares the hell out of me! It's like we all know what's going to happen, so we talk about what's going to happen before it happens... and then it happens.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Glad to be here!

I do think this forum section will have an important place here for the next few (10 or so) years!

Thanks for getting it started.

RedHatty

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hi Relentless, glad to hear your the FSME for this very important category. Why doesn't your name identify you as such? Guess your deep undercover...er were I mean.

I heard something today I have not heard before. A commercial came on the radio for a local bank talking about how they had never made any subprime loans in their history. They then went on to state how they were rated at the top for financial stsability by not one but three different independant financial rating companies.

It made me wonder if silent runs are happening to banks and therefore this bank felt compelled to advertise how stable they were. Just thought it interesting in light of the global troubles going on.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
TH3ON3, I can tell you only about my local banks, my daughter works for one of them and yes, is been large amount of personal accounts withdraw and when I say large for a small town as ours is means large, and her bank didn't got caught up on the mortgage defaults as they are not a mortgage loan holder.

The bank of America branch in my neck of the woods had a panic attack two weeks ago as employees didn't know what to do with the amount of people in their individual branches trying to get their money out.

But so far things has calm down at least enough for now.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Wow Marg, should we start a thread for local reports about Banks for these types of things. I mean I know we have a Bank watch thread, but maybe someone should start a local anecdotal thingy.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join