It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason the Alaskian governer was chosen as John Mccain's VP.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
There has been opposition to oil drilling in Alaska in the past. So John Mccain chose the Alaskian Governor to be his VP so he could do it without opposition (if he's elected). He wants to give the oil companies more profits. He's going to use the oil reserves if he is elected. John Mccain's pick was purely political.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Crud. Good point, Frank. I was thinking it was just a brilliant strategy for the fact the obvious reasons of her being a woman.

A double whammy, I guess it is.

It's gonna continue to be one hell of a race. Too bad the consequences are so significant.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The oil reserves of all of North America are beneficial. And this isn't the 1800s anymore. Oil biz is a bit clean.

We should demand the profits be invested in hydro electric until the moon replaces that.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
There has been opposition to oil drilling in Alaska in the past. So John Mccain chose the Alaskian Governor to be his VP so he could do it without opposition (if he's elected). He wants to give the oil companies more profits. He's going to use the oil reserves if he is elected. John Mccain's pick was purely political.

That's the dumbest thing I have heard all day. Last time I checked, there would be just a few more people involved in drilling up here than POTUS and VPOTUS. Saying that there would be no opposition is just plain ignorant.

Do a little research and you just may find that Sarah Palin is against big oil and would fight tooth and nail to stop anything shady involving oil companies.

Of course his pick was political. Everything that a politician does during an election year is political in nature. However, I am sure your boy Barry hasn't done anything political in the last year or so...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

There isn't enough oil in ANWR to begin to power the US until that creep gets out of office, god forbid. Don't even let people tell you there is.

Although, the beneficial side is that we'd get alot of jobs in the US. Unfortunately I imagine you'll see alot of russians working on that project. So, probably we'd be inserting a large scale drilling operation to the near arctic, for barely a decade worth of oil, and a massive depression once it's dried up.

[edit on 8-29-2008 by Loki]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I think it was done to win over those dissapointed from Hillary not being the nominee. Those feminists will simply vote republican so they can see their own little dream of a women being in office. How pathetic.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
McCains handlers (elite Illuminati) want her in office...
to be able to indict all the fraud in politics and the banking industry.

The reason for this tactic is to ultimately get a large portion of the Social Security put into 'individual accounts'... which will serve the various financial houses a windfall of new fees and charges so they may rebuild their decimated balance sheets.

anything more than the above is just icing-on-the-cake as far as the shadow government/elite Illuminiti are concerned.

the Federal Reserve is in on the plot...
BTW; even if the Obama-Biden ticket wins, the same operation will still be implemented.... it will just take a few more twists-&-turns to get accomplished!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

I was thinking something similar. This pick strikes me as an appeal to Hillary supporters, and women in general.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
She's not exactly a female Cheney, but, she does somehow remind me of Jackie Kennedy. I don't really see her as making much if any difference with any oil in Alaska and would think she would be an environmentalist and against it anyway. Isn't there more oil in North Dakota?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
The oil reserves of all of North America are beneficial. And this isn't the 1800s anymore. Oil biz is a bit clean.

We should demand the profits be invested in hydro electric until the moon replaces that.

I'm not trying to argue with you, but I have to ask...

If the government forces the profits to be invested where they think it should go...do you really expect oil companies (any of them) to do all the work and not be allowed to keep ANY of the profit? And if the oil companies are allowed to keep a certain amount of their own profits, who decides how much money that is? Do you really want the goverenment (or anyone else) telling ANY company in the USA how much of their OWN money they are allowed to keep?

Marilyn~

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I want everyone to come back to this thread to star and flag me WHEN she drops out to.....take care of her child....and then McCain will go with his "real" VP choice.

This is a political stunt. That is all. She WILL NOT be on the ticket come November.......This isn't even a worthy prediction...this is as lock solid as Harriet Myers and the SCOTUS appointment.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
you gotta remember -- it's not the presidents who decide anything, it's their handlers in the Fed & City of London

THEREFORE, remember the best mind control and social engineering people at Tavistock (who brought us '___' and MK-Ultra) and the best sheeple makers in the U.S. HAVE DONE STATISTICAL STUDIES ON ALL THIS -- in order to come up with this inexperienced housewife, down-home, yada yada I'll shoot you if you shoot me, idiot candidate..

...chosen based on OUR PSYCHOGRAPHICS -- what WE want, what our subconscious wants TO DETRACT US FROM TAR & FEATHERING THE FED & CITY OF LONDON ***HOLE BANKERS WHO ARE DESTROYING US

p.s.-- Just goes to show that any housewife can be president ... after all, she knows how to use toilet paper, doesn't she --- that's more than Bush can do.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Marilyn

I would advise the oil companies that their time is limited. converting to refining hydro would create an infinite bizz for them.

if it's one thing the oil man likes, it's more money.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
McCain has been opposed to drilling in Alaska's national Forrest...and drilling in the U.S. doesn't guarantee the oil companies "more profit"

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone

I think it was done to win over those dissapointed from Hillary not being the nominee. Those feminists will simply vote republican so they can see their own little dream of a women being in office. How pathetic.

I agree with this thought.
I believe it shows how extremely desperate the McCain camp is.....by reaching for the 'female in the WH' voters..........
I dount is has anything to do with the oil up there, she is young and BEAUTIFUL and now he has a 'hottie' on his ticket so he thinks it will help secure his seat in the oval office.
It STINKS if desperation

new topics

top topics

join