It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little green man spotted above UK super market?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

This is quite interesting, click the link to see the actual picture of the lights above the super market.

By VIKKI THOMAS

Published: Today
rigTeaserImage
UFO experts yesterday called for a probe into this summer’s Little Green Man sightings — as one was spotted above a TESCO.

The white and green lights were snapped hovering over the supermarket — which has the slogan “Every Little Helps”.

Sid O’Driscoll took our exclusive pictures at the 24-hour store in Croydon, South London, at 2am.

Logo ... Tesco

Logo ... Tesco

Musician Sid, 35, said: “It was very weird. It was the most beautiful green and white light, moving quite fast, then stopping.

“It had to be mechanical, like a spaceship, because it slowed down and stopped. It wasn’t making any noise. It disappeared in a flash. I went home and told my girlfriend. She didn’t believe me, but the pictures speak for themselves.”

Sid added: “I don’t touch drugs. I’m not a believer in UFOs but I’ve got no idea what this was.”

UFO expert Nick Pope, who worked for the Ministry of Defence, examined the pictures.

He said: “Green lights are unusual — it rules out the so-called Chinese lanterns that accounted for some recent UFO sightings in the UK.

“The images and description of the movement don’t fit a list of things frequently reported as UFOs — aircraft lights, meteors, satellites.

Advertisement

“This is a genuine mystery.”

Mr Pope demanded further attention be paid to UFO sightings.

He said: “Given the sheer number of sightings we’ve seen this summer and the unprecedented number of photos and videos, it’s time for a full public inquiry.”

World-renowned UFO researcher Timothy Good said the Tesco sighting could not be explained.

He said: “The pictures are interesting. It is a mystery. Someone should look into these pictures further.”

A Tesco spokesman said no sightings had been reported.

The Sun reported a sighting in Croydon in April, when a foreign student snapped a mysterious object speeding through the sky.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That doesnt look like a man that looks like a alien craft in the sky hope its not a hoax.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

I've sure been seeing you around a lot lately Pocky.

Anyhow, last time I checked the Sun was essentially the UK's version of the Weekly World News. Though interesting, I wouldn't really believe much if anything they have to say. Still interesting, but I just don't buy it.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
let me tell you something about the sun......

is the UK version of world weekly news, not content-wise but credibility and reliable-wise.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The Sun?

Very reliable

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Yea, I actually went to the sun, from a link I clicked on to a Fox News article. So I don't think the sighting is the hoax. And that is most definitely no Chinese lantern.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Why does it look like cut and paste?

I increased the brightness and contrast and you see this result.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

because the editor of the sun does not care if sensational pictures are photoshopped so long as it sells papers!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Right! The Sun should not be trusted on any ufo and alien reports!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
They probably tried to make the object more defined themselves.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway
The Sun?

Very reliable

it may be a turd of a paper,but it's the biggest turd of the paper world in the UK (which msakes me ashamed to be english) But,it enforves public opinion,as it's so widely read. (my reason for all the ufo stuff in the scum)

edit,doesn;'t make much sence,but I'm a tafd on the drunker side of sober)

[edit on 29/8/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Why is everyone only focusing on the newspaper that gave us the pic ye ill admit its not exactly a reliable paper but still its an interesting pic and i think its deserves a little bit more attention.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Lol, as a person who has done an interview recently with Vikki Thomas, I have to say that any publicity helps get govenments one step closer to being forced to reveal the truth around the world. Yeah she did a story on me, Scott C. Waring because I wrote Wests's Time Machine and George's Pond novels and then I decide to send them by radio waves into space. Yeah I wrote a short letter to aliens telling them, "I know they exist and guess what I exit too!" hehe...I did that last night with a service that uses a 9 meter radio wave transmiter dish. I think she will write the article saying that I am trying to contact aliens, yeah sure, what ever. Please remember UFologist...THAT ANY PUBLICITY ABOUT US GETS US ONE STEP CLOSER TO OUR GOAL !!! o_O

I have to say, if you have serious UFO photograhs, that Vikki Thomas it the person to send them to to get instant world attention. Thank you Vikki!
O_o

new topics

top topics

join