It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have a twin sister. We are as close as you can imagine twin sisters can be. I am going to recall an occasion in my childhood, that at the time, scared me a great deal, and to this day is quite fresh in my memory.

I was about 11-12 years old, and my sister and I were sitting in our bedroom deciding what to play. We lived in Eastbourne, in a home right up against the Downs - a heavily wooded and hilly area (here is the google map: My old home in Eastbourne. Our bedroom window faced the garden and the woods.

As we sat there we decided to play hide&seek. I ended up being the "seeker" while my sister ran off to hide. Counted to 10 and began looking for her. Immediatly something caught my attention from the window. I looked outside and saw my sister pop-out from behind a tree smiling/giggling looking right up at the window at me, and she went right back behind the tree as soon as our eyes met.

Of course, I ran outside, into the yard, and she was nowhere to be found. I looked behind the tree I had seen her pop out from, nothing. So I ran into the part of the woods immediatly behind our house, up to where my parents allowed us to go, and still couldn't find her.

I remember feeling panicked and scared, and immediatly wanting to run to safety. I bolted back through the garden and into the house and started calling out her name because I got so scared. She didn't answer back, so I continued to search for her, and she ended up coming out from the behind the door of the downstairs bathroom. At that point I wasn't having fun anymore because I thought she cheated by continuosly moving her hiding spot. So I asked her, "did you hide outside? behind the tree?" and she looked at me puzzled and said "no!". In fact I recall the clothing was totally differnt too. The "twin" behind the tree was wearing a long white nightie and her hair was down, totally different than what she was wearing when I found her in the bathroom.

I almost want to say I saw something that was akin to a mischievous/deviant looking being with my sisters visage?!?!?!?

To this day we both have no idea what that was. Was it my imagination?

Also, I do remember hearing a few vivid horrific voices in my ear while residing in that home. Also, the feeling of hands or pinching on my skin. Never figured out what it was it was trying to say or what it was trying to, and have never heard or felt anything like that since.

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas of what/who/why I saw what I did?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
anyone care to bite on this one?

I would like to add that my sister is convinced that she has been visited by ET's. She also has a geometric shard like bump behind her ear. I also have one above my forehead right behind my hairline. We are also fraternal twins, but look identical.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
when was she visited by ETs?
because if it was before they ETs could have made a replica of her
and the replica could think you were playing with her=/
but if it was after..well probably a doppleganger....
you know on second thought it DEFINITLEY WAS a doppleganger
but thats just me=/

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't know what to make of it.

I have identical twin daughters and they have a connection like I have never seen in my life.

But I also have two other non-twin daughters who also have a deep connection to each other and to their twin sisters.

I'm sure people on here will be able to offer you some insight. Twins fascinate me so I look forward to reading what people come up with in regard to your experience.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It could have been a spirit or something. I'm sure you have thought of that before though. Maybe it was a ghost of a little girl that wanted to play too.. Very weird thought, but hey, it could happen

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
My guess would be that you saw a doppelganger. Usually a person sees their own doppelganger, but I have read other reports of people seeing a relative's doppelganger.

Sister's doppelganger

Another "hide and seek" doppelganger

Brother's doppelganger

If you do a search on "doppelganger" you'll get a LOT more hits. Some say the doppelganger is a harbinger of death or doom, so don't let that scare you. It's just a superstition.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Heike]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
For anyone with an identical twin or know of ones, is the only difference they have, is it the eyes. Eyes being the window of the soul?

Anyway back to post, seeing as we all have our own frequency, being a identical twin, that might be blurred or something. This may be the reason, why twins have a good connection.

I once knew a girl that thought we had a similar connection like that. Thankfully it did not last long. Years later we sat next to each other for 2 days, working in a police station, and never spoke. Thankfully that connection, was gone. Thank god for that, even though she probably still thought we had some sort of connection for a while longer. Hopefully she does not believe it anymore, and i am glad because it was a pain in the arse, her thinking that. These sorts of connections can be dangerous, so i was glad it was gone. Not too sure why she thought it was there in the first place, as i assumed most people who speak to others, have some connection anyway.

When i was young i saw something strange like that, not sure what it was, must of been around 10 or so, in age.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Some of your responses gave me chills!

We did mess around with a Ouiji board a lot when we were kids...so it being something menacing or supernatural wouldn't surprise me. It scares me to think exactly what "it" wanted to do with me once I ran out into the woods. Good thing I got that sick and scared feeling and ran right back into the house!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have an identical twin sister and we have always been very close. Well we tend to get a kick out of our twin "connection." About 7 years ago we were going to my grandparents for Thanksgiving. She lived an hour and a half away from me at the time. Well she showed up before me and when I got there our family freaked. I walked in the door and got stares like they had seen a ghost or something. When I saw my sister we busted out laughing. What happened was we showed up in the SAME outfit from head to toe and the same hair cut. She had her hair cut two days after me and we bought the outfits a week a part. We never discussed it because we dont really talk about what we buy in detail or anything. This is not the first time something like this has happened. Many times I will think of her and then secs later my phone rings, she has had that happen to. When she was in labor I knew it and boy did I feel it. I remember teasing her about it. It's kind of neat to me to have a twin and have someone you are connected to in a way that you are not connected to anyone else.

new topics

top topics

join