It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bush really step down in 2009?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm having a real bad feeling that something rotten may be in store for this country.
Our President has spent the better part of his legacy trying to shore up the powers of the White House and thumb his nose at the Constitution, Congress, the "press" and just about anyone who would not agree with his schemes.
It all begins with the debacle in Florida that got him "elected", his choice of Cheney to be his #2 (I honestly feel that this man is the personification of evil and his demon daughter Dana Perino), 9/11 which would give him the ability to quietly begin the undermining of the Constitution in the name of 'national security", and the bald faced lies leading up to the invasion of Iraq.
This administration has gone out their way to piss off just about everybody throughout the world. We are constantly bombarded with scary stories about how the terrorists are out to get us and unless you give us the power to deal with these threats you will all die in a mushroom cloud. We need to tap your phones and read your emails in case some terrorists dial the wrong number.
We've all heard the stories about internment camps for us radicals and other such theories. Even with all the information we share on this site I feel that we would be really shocked if we knew about everything that these people were doing.
Now we are being fed the news that Iran is about to nuke us and the great red bear is starting to wake up.
My fear, and believe me, given the track record of what I believe this administration is capable of, is that Bush will generate enough panic, either just before or more likely just after the election, that he will have to declare a state of national emergency and because of the magnitude of the threat it will be in the country's best interest to impose martial law and retain him as President until the danger has passed. Of course the danger will not pass and we will finally find ourselves in the dictatorship that these people have been planning all along.
Oh, and have a nice day

[edit on 29-8-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hello there, Ive talked about this topic also, and your dead right i think. I think that there will be a major war before the election and bush will hold his presidency, this is my view, and each day that goes by with the russia thing, i have a bad feeling we're right.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther
Hello there, Ive talked about this topic also, and your dead right i think. I think that there will be a major war before the election and bush will hold his presidency, this is my view, and each day that goes by with the russia thing, i have a bad feeling we're right.

You and me are like two peas in a pod, although you make me want to pee the pod with all this talk. I know/feel it too, but to hear someone else say it is scary. The only other possibility is DIEBOLD swaying the election McCain's way.

Strange, I am listening to the Fun Lvoin' Crimminals version of this song, seems appripoe:

ru.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

You and me are like two peas in a pod, although you make me want to pee the pod with all this talk. I know/feel it too, but to hear someone else say it is scary. The only other possibility is DIEBOLD swaying the election McCain's way.

Strange, I am listening to the Fun Lvoin' Crimminals version of this song, seems appripoe:

ru.youtube.com...

In which case, we have Bush for another 4 painful years.
I totally agree with all of you. With everything thats going on, the prospective of Bush becoming a dictator is no longer a "conspiracy". This is a serious issue.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You know, I have given it a bit of thought, and in regards to an earlier thread about what it would take for the american people to wake up, I believe that MR. Bush trying to pull this kind of stunt is probably the scenario that it would take.

Can you imagine the outrage from the people if the Bush Regime tried something like that?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MockedUnicorn
You know, I have given it a bit of thought, and in regards to an earlier thread about what it would take for the american people to wake up, I believe that MR. Bush trying to pull this kind of stunt is probably the scenario that it would take.

Can you imagine the outrage from the people if the Bush Regime tried something like that?

Yes, there would probably be civil war i think.. I wouldnt put it past him though, he is surely a snake in the grass.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

ru.youtube.com...

Dont be afraid of any war plucky, the worst that can happen is we could die, dont be afraid of death, its only the begining, just another chapter of evolution for our conscious being

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Are you saying suicide is painless?

(I need to leave for an appointment, but I will be back later to respond to you.)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Truther

Are you saying suicide is painless?

(I need to leave for an appointment, but I will be back later to respond to you.)

Suicide? No No, Death, dont be afraid of dying, The only thing that frightens me about dying is leaving the people i love behind, but if everyone has to go together then why be afraid. Its the unknown that scares us, like what happends to us after death? Im not afraid because i know.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
you can count on a new administration in January... Nothing going to circumvent the constitution regarding a presidential term in office.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

what exactly do you know of the afterlife , if there is one?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
you can count on a new administration in January... Nothing going to circumvent the constitution regarding a presidential term in office.

Im sorry, im not counting on anything.. What happends, happends. The constitution dosent excist anymore.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I don't agree with this premise. I know that there is a general fear verging on paranoia about Bush and his minions but I think that he wants out of office as much as many others want him out of office.

The election will occur in November and Mr Bush will be gone in Jan 09

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I don't agree with this premise. I know that there is a general fear verging on paranoia about Bush and his minions but I think that he wants out of office as much as many others want him out of office.

The election will occur in November and Mr Bush will be gone in Jan 09

And i hope your right my friend, the next administration will be no better though, there all the same..

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I think the NeoCons worked to hard to get to this point to let it all go. It took them 8 years of biting their tongues with Clinton in office. Now that their plans for in full force, what makes you think they are even capable of slowing down now???

Do you honestly think these criminals and traitors are going to go through 8 years of Obama? I really don't think so. There is this thing called momentum, we all have it. They will not be slowed down.

If McCain is magically elected, everything is still gravy. They won't allow Obama ruin it for them.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by JimBeam]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JimBeam

I don't think that there is a big difference between Republicans and Democrats. Once either party has been in office for too long, they need to be removed and replaced. Corruption occurs in both parties.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I can't help but think about a segment of the Daily Show where John Stewart pointed out that between all his travels and his many vacations that "Mr." Bush really doesn't like being in the White House very much. Maybe you're right and he can't wait to leave town for good!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I agree with you to a certain extent. But Obama isn't one of "the good ole boys" like Bush and sell out Cheney are. I don't think Obama will fold so easy. He has a strong background and I don't think his conscience will allow him to be bullied into the shadow government's agenda so easily.

Like I said before, Obama will slow down their momentum which they don't want to happen.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
O come on. He's just a normal guy like you and me. He was simply the gull of an old and worn, conservative vision.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You know what I want from the new President? Complete disclosure about UFOs
I heard a rumor once on Coast to Coast that Hillary was the best bet to do it. It actually was the only reason I had considered voting for her.

If anyone will buck the status quo on this subject. it's Obama. Now that would shake things up.

new topics

top topics

join