Here's a good reason why they might be digging their graves on this one
1) Unlike the extremely uninspiring choice of Joe Biden by Barack Obama, the choice of Sarah Palin is absolutely electrifying the Republican base. In the minds of many Republicans this is a game changing choice, and the Republicans have not had something like this to get excited about in ages
2) Sarah Palin is a mother of five, and this will help the Republicans to do much better with "soccer moms" which is always a key demographic.
3) Sarah Palin could also draw in some of the Hillary Clinton supporters who felt incredibly snubbed and disrespected by Barack Obama.
4) Sarah Palin's husband is a union member, and that will help McCain's campaign with blue collar workers who will be so key in states like Michigan and Ohio
5) On September 11, 2007, the Sarah Palin's eldest son Track joined the Army. He serves in an infantry brigade and will be deployed to Iraq in September 2008. This will help McCain among the military and among military families.
6) On April 18, 2008, Sarah Palin gave birth to her second son, Trig Paxson Van Palin, who has Down syndrome. This will help McCain's campaign with groups that advocate for the disabled. Plus there is the sympathy factor.
7) McCain now has a chance to get social conservatives excited. Many social conservatives have been very suspicious of McCain, but Palin is strongly pro-life, a supporter of capital punishment, and belongs to Feminists for Life, and this will give social conservatives much more of a reason to come into McCain's camp.
8) In 1984, Palin was the runner-up in the Miss Alaska pageant, and as much as that shouldn't count, Americans are more shallow than ever. Americans prefer good looking people, and as sad as it is, the fact that she is attractive will win votes.
9) A poll published by Hays Research on July 28, 2008 showed Palin's approval rating at 80%. She has had consistently high approval ratings in Alaska, and that is a huge difference from the Republicans in Washington
10) Speaking of the Republicans in Washington, this choice signals even more of a move away form the Bush administration, and this can only help McCain.
Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Biden is a liberal blow hard, is known as such... Picking him apart is easy, everything he has done is public record.. Obama less so but this new candidate is someone new that they were not counting on...