It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden's Loch Ness monster possibly caught on camera

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What you have here is a whale shark,images.google.com...://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Faculty/chanfreau/images/Whale%2520Shark%2520and%2520Diver.jpg&imgrefurl=ht tp://www.xanga.com/apathetic85/657415216/whales.html&h=480&w=640&sz=64&hl=en&start=7&um=1&usg=__7kbUnB1wNgzric1pU0FyPSw_1zo=&tbnid=MjFarl4o-ufNUM:&tbn h=103&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwhale%2Bshark%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7SUNA%26sa%3DN

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I will try that again. I think it is a picture of a whale shark. www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
At first glance, I said "huh, that's a fish." Looks just like a grouper or any other of many fish I've seen while diving. Then I looked at it closer, and thought "hmm.. yup, that's a fish all right!" How in the world can they think this is anything but a fish? Maybe tourism is slow this time of year.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm a little confused, because the video on the OP's link shows what looks to be a piece of rope floating in the current.

I didn't see the fish (the still picture) in the video. Maybe I didn't watch long enough?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
That looks to me like a brown trout swimming very close to the camera. Maybe I'm wrong and if this camera was set up especially to photograph this'monster' then one would assume that those analysing the picture can tell the difference between a trout and monster!!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
I will try that again. I think it is a picture of a whale shark. www.youtube.com...

Definitely not a whale shark, they are tropical creatures and could not stand the temperature of the water in a Swedish lake. However, whale sharks have the same markings as brown trout, which are common in Swedish lakes. Whatever it is, I'm sure its a fish and not a monster!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I fear for the sanity of anyone who produces this picture and says it is evidence of a monster!
For gods sake, it's clearly a fish. . .

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

LOL!!!

So you're saying that a tropical whale shark somehow swam to the North Atlantic, walked over 100km on land, 300 meters above sea level and then settled in a cold Swedish lake that's about 70 meters deep?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by merka]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

LOL!!!

So you're saying that a tropical whale shark somehow swam to the North Atlantic, walked over 100km on land, 300 meters above sea level and then settled in a cold Swedish lake that's about 70 meters deep?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by merka]

Of course not i was only kidding.Although we do get basking sharks off the Kent coast.And the markings do look a bit like the wale shark so I thought I would have some fun.I went to stokholm a few years back in Febuary for business,we stayed on a ymc floating hotel that was frozen into the lake.The lake was so frozen that a helicopter was landing there. Bloody cold,nice place though ,although beer was £5 a pint even in 1993.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
To me it looks similar to a Hydrolagus novaezealandiae, but that one is not supposed to be anywhere near sweden, and it's atlantic.

But as others have said, it's probably a common pike.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
ya the video is definatly of a water snake /worm of some sort

too bad half the posters here dont even click the link...

btw Nessie is suppost to be a Pleisiosaur, which is totally different than a sea-snake in a thousand ways

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
ya the video is definatly of a water snake /worm of some sort

too bad half the posters here dont even click the link...

btw Nessie is suppost to be a Pleisiosaur, which is totally different than a sea-snake in a thousand ways

Yes it is, they also state that if you click on the archive link, it's a snake.
They also have other videos and pictures

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
this is really dumb the picture you see is some sort of fish and the vid is even worse, its clearly somthing very tiny riding up and down on the waves above the camera. stuff like this really discredits this website

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Peepers

it`s a pike, not that big, caught one yesterday,on hampstead heath! it was a monster!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Snake? Fish? Lack Monster? Who can really tell?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
www.storsjoodjuret.nu...

If you watch the third video on that page (the gray one at the very bottom), you can clearly see the fish swim up and over the camera after a couple moments.
As for the object in the greenish video, just a snake or worm or some sort of debris.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The fish is a northern pike. Duh

top topics

<< 1   >>

join