It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for another musical interlude.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
With a nod to Pete Seeger and the bible:

To everything (spin, spin, spin)
There is a season (spin, spin, spin)
And a time for every purpose, under politics

A time to be scorn, a time to lie
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to squeal
A time to mock, a time to weep

A time to act up,a time to break down
A time to scoff, a time to mourn
A time to cast stones, a time to dodge

A time of disgust, a time of hate
A time of war, a time for abuse
A time you berate, a time to refrain from listening

A time to gripe, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to accuse
A time to spit, a time to hate
A time for peace, I swear its not too late

I hope that last line is appropriate but I have my doubts. Some here just don't listen to anything other than what is their preconceived notions but do you REALLY believe what you're saying? Or do you just spin the info, even to yourself. :shk:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sorry

[edit on 8/29/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Very nice poem! Thanks for sharing it! As far as being on the edge of doom, I've come to the conclusion that perhaps, as humans, we have been since the dawn of time. Tossing politics aside, the Earth is an extremely violent planet: tsunami's, hurricanes, tornados, cyclones, earthquakes, vocanos, fire and floods; and not to mention the fact that we have been hit by comets and meteorites in the past. Factor in how cruel humans can be to each other and how violent a race we are... just add politics and war and I'm certain the outcome can't be positive. This place/planet is messed up... somebody beem me up and get me out of here!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
OMG! Now that I just watched that video, I went from serious to damn near blowing out a lung in one minute... that was too funny! THANK YOU!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I hope that last line is appropriate but I have my doubts. Some here just don't listen to anything other than what is their preconceived notions but do you REALLY believe what you're saying? Or do you just spin the info, even to yourself.

Excuse me, are you saying that Obama smokes crack?

Just kidding

You have an incredible knack for lightening my mood @ just the right time

I enjoyed the OP

Thank you

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

We all need to lighten up some about politics. It's not like we've never had stupid, lazy, corrupt, or demented presidents before. And a lot of those were pre-1950.

Just look at Rutherford Birchard Hayes. also called "Rutherfraud" by his detractors due to the highly controversial election of 1876.

or

Franklin "Baby" Pierce who seemed to have had less popular approval than GW does right now.

or

Warren Gamaliel Harding, whose corrupt administration had numerous legal indictments over the Teapot Dome Scandal. At the time, many considered him nothing more than a common crook with a powerful gang.

So no matter who gets the job this time, it won't be the end of America. We've weathered such things before, and I trust we will again. So lighten up, have a sip of something cold, and take the fever down. This has all happened before.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I hate that Rutherford Birchard Hayes sooo MUCH!

top topics

join