It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you believe in God, you are a demon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

He reminds me of a jealous child that seeks attention

Are you talking about yourself here Dr. Evil? Wasn't it you that called me ignorant Dr. Evil? Who has been acting childish? What have you added to this thread?

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
You were away for a while, but after I posted what I ACTUALLY said in this thread the result was:

MASSIVE thread failure.

R.I.P.

It didn't even get you a single star.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

MASSIVE thread failure.

R.I.P.

It didn't even get you a single star.

What are you on about?
Sorry friend but not looking for stars. Are you looking for a star on your forehead? Aren't you a little too old for that?

What you said is what you said and will always stand as what you said. You said I am a demon because I believe in "just" God. You can reword it and put whatever spin you want on it. In the end, it comes out the same.

Let me repost what you said here, in case you forgot:

You simply believe in God?

Congratulations, you're no different than demons.

If I am "no different" than demons, than I am a demon, right? If someone is "no different' than a demon, than they are a demon. YOU have been trying to back peddle ever since you said this and were called out on it.

Look out everyone for NOTurTypical, the almighty thread killer.

Why don't you be a man and stick by your words instead of trying to pretend you didn't say them?

Pitiful.....but God still loves you!

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Okay, lol, so when Democrats say John McCain is "no different" that GWB on his stance on the Iraq war they are actually saying:

John McCain IS George W. Bush????

Don't patronize me, I'm not a toddler with zero ability to comprehend the English language.

My quote is in plain sight for all to see, I never said you ARE a demon. That's a lie you put forth.

Now that the forum knows what I REALLY stated, there have been ZERO posts confirming that I did in fact call you a demon.

N O N E, zilch, zero, nada.

It's hard pressed to find folks on this esteemed debate site who will ignorantly accept your feeble straw man argument for fact.

I never said you were a demon, I said you share the same beliefs about God.

Save your logical fallacies for your children, they most likely will work on that audience.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I never said you were a demon, I said you share the same beliefs about God.

Save your logical fallacies for your children, they most likely will work on that audience.

You said "I share the same beliefs about God?" Where did you say that other than just now? NOWHERE!!

And....don't you DARE bring my children into any discussion in this thread or on this forum. Who do you think you are to bring my children into this? If you said that to my face, your nose would be broken (best case scenario).

Back on track: Let's remind you for the THIRD time what you said:

Where does it say "I share the same beliefs about God?" It doesn't. It says I'm no different than a demon, which is the same as saying I'm a demon. Again, be a man and admit what you said. Or....be a whiner and a chicken and keep back peddling away from the truth.

Okay, lol, so when Democrats say John McCain is "no different" that GWB on his stance on the Iraq war they are actually saying:

John McCain IS George W. Bush????

Oh and...this analogy doesn't work. How can two people that agree on a topic be the same person? How can two separate people be the same person? What does that have to do with demons? (except of course that George Bush and John McCain are demons)

Let's try logic since you said you are smart. If I am "no different" than a demon, that means I am exactly the same as a demon, correct? Because, if there is NO DIFFERENCE between me and a demon, it is a logical conclusion that I am a demon.

Now, where's the logic in your analogy? George Bush and McCain agree on a topic so they are the same person.
You may have a grasp on the language, but keep on working on those analogies.

Keep back peddling and God still loves you!!

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
How about this...

For fear of smashing my keyboard into 1,000 bits and pieces, I'll leave the thread UNTIL someone other than you posts here and reads into what I actually said the same as you did.

Just 1 person. Just 1 to agree with you.

Funny though that you continually post my actual quote ad nauseam, yet fail to consider that I was the FIRST to bring it into the thread.

You didn't seem interested in precision when you typed out the OP.

Where does it say "I share the same beliefs about God?" It doesn't. It says I'm no different than a demon, which is the same as saying I'm a demon. Again, be a man and admit what you said. Or....be a whiner and a chicken and keep back peddling away from the truth.

You know, I'm not going to buy into the assumption that you are this completely ignorant to reading comprehension, so my only logical assumption left is that you are purposely choosing to read what you want to for the purpose of using a straw man argument to slander a Christian poster.

"be a man and admit what you said"...

I did that already, look at the last page. I copy/pasted it for all to see, in fact I was the FIRST to supply my quote from the other thread to the discussion, you left it out of the OP when you started the thread.

Let's combine my quote since it's apparent you either still have the reading comprehension of a cinder block or you are purposely deceiving people to what I said. I think it's the latter, but I digress...

"Congradulations, you're no different than demons (IF) you simply believe in God."

Meaning:

"Believing in God alone (there is the "simply" part) is a common trait/belief/admission of demons and you"

I know you'll refuse to admit you started a thread based upon a straw man argument, heck, I doubt you even understand what a straw man argument is, but that's for U2U.

Speaking of, send me a U2U when at least 1 ATS or BTS member posts here in this thread in support of your position in light of the revelation of my actual quote.

P.S. I'm ex military, even though your keyboard cowboy threat has me on the brink of wetting myself, I need to point out that the comment about your children wasn't a slam on them. It was a slam on YOU, genius. Children have an excuse for being ignorant to logical fallacies. You should be above their repeated employment in a debate forum.

But anyways, peace out. I'm eagerly awaiting some evidence that a human being would share your poor reading comprehension skills.

I'll be looking forward to that U2U....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
One more thing Einstein...

You might want to change your thread title.

the way you have it written now gives the false impression that I compared your belief to one demon (singular).

I actually compared your belief to ALL demons. (plural)

Yeah, that's "demons" with an S.

lol

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Let's combine my quote since it's apparent you either still have the reading comprehension of a cinder block or you are purposely deceiving people to what I said. I think it's the latter, but I digress...

"Congradulations, you're no different than demons (IF) you simply believe in God."

Meaning:

"Believing in God alone (there is the "simply" part) is a common trait/belief/admission of demons and you"

Let's combine your quote? Why? Was it combined when it was first used? What I just quoted here may be what you were thinking inside your head but it isn't what came out of your keyboard friend.....

I have the reading comprehension of a cinder block?
This is good. Very mature. YOU seem to have the mind of a child. A child that thinks EVERYONE can read his or her mind. A child that believes everyone knows what he or she is thinking. This usually goes away around the age of three or four when self awareness kicks in.

You say something (type something)...I am going to take it at face value. You want to change it later or "combine" it, that is up to you but it doesn't change the original intent.

Peace!

<< 1   >>

join