It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you believe in God, you are a demon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I just came across another bizarre belief from a Christian. I believe in God, but I don't believe in Jesus. Therefore, according to at least two Christians so far, I am a demon!

Does this make sense to anyone else? Because, if this were true (and of course it isn't) then all Jews, for example, would be demons. Are Jews demons? Jesus was a Jew. Was Jesus a demon?

I imagine then, according to these fine upstanding Christians, that everyone non-Christian must be a demon. Except for Pagans and Atheists perhaps...they must NOT be demons as they do not believe in God. Do I have this right? Agnostics aren't sure what they believe so they might be demons? or perhaps not?

This is very puzzling to me. Any thoughts?

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Personally I think you know better but you like to take swipes and start arguments....well be my guest and enjoy your creation.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
it is noones place to judge you.

are you looking for arguments or do you actually have a point to make ?

i have seen a point that i think you might be trying to make, and thats exactly the first few words above, is that your point.

although i think you should believe in jesus, because there are so many prophecies about him before he came. but i for one respect your beliefs and will leave it at that.

respect to you. peace

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

My point is to call out certain individuals on some bizarre beliefs. This one, the topic of this thread, is by far the strangest I have ever come across in my life. I have faith. I believe in God and have God in me and in my life. Yet, these two individuals can actually tell me that I'm a demon because I "just" believe in God?

Sorry friend, but I had to share this one and get some feedback from others as it was just too strange to ignore!

Peace to you as well!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Perhaps they were talking about this verse:
James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The demons not only "believe in God", they also "tremble".

The demons also know who Jesus Christ is:
Matt 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

and

Mark 1:24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.

The demons not only believe there is a God and know who Jesus Christ is...they also seem to know who is and who isn't a Saint:

Acts 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

The demons obeyed Jesus.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

someone that claims to be a christian but at the same time claims not to believe what Messiah taught is either delusional or a liar.
only G-D really knows what is in the hearts of all of us----even satan could not discern that the only thing wrong with job until job went thru a severe trial and changed for the better as a result of what he suffered was that job had been self righteous(could not see any faults in himself)
satan cannot see where he himself could possibly be wrong or have any need to repent of the evil he does----just like many humans he as the pretended god of this world(2 corinthians 4:4) is worshiped by.
adam and eve chose satan as their leader 6000 years ago and G-D granted their desire just so they/us could experience the results of doing it our own way to see we cannot be forever happy without a right relationship with G-D.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PreTribGuy

I apologize, but am having trouble following you. But I will try:

Perhaps they were talking about this verse:
James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The demons not only "believe in God", they also "tremble".

The demons also know who Jesus Christ is:
Matt 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

I believe in one God, yet Christians believe in two. So according to this passage from James, Christians are not following the bible.

So according to Matt (and Mark), the "demons" believe in Jesus. So, what these two Christians told me is quite incorrect (according to the bible). They said demons do not believe in Jesus and according to the bible it is quite clear that they do.

It is AMAZING how different people can interpret the same words so completely different!!

Thanks....

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So according to Matt (and Mark), the "demons" believe in Jesus.

No, they OBEY and are SCARED OF Jesus. Please read those verses again...feel free to look up the context.

So, what these two Christians told me is quite incorrect (according to the bible).

I don't know what they specifically said. Perhaps you could quote them for the readers of your new thread?

If these posters (on BTS) clearly said (via a fair paraphrase), "the demon's don't believe in Jesus", they are clearly wrong as I just posted above. They don't speak for me, nor the Bible

They said demons do not believe in Jesus and according to the bible it is quite clear that they do.

Again,
Without a (faithful) paraphrase of what they said, I can only quote what the Bible has to say.

This is why I opened my post with "Perhaps".

STILL...

I am quite thankful to you, Excitable_Boy, that you recognize AND that you note that the Bible says otherwise!

Thank you for (somewhat) affirming what the Bible says!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

It is AMAZING how different people can interpret the same words so completely different!!

Did these people bring up the verses I brought up, or are you just assuming they know them?

You stated in your opening post:

This is very puzzling to me.

I am thankful that Excitable_Boy cares about what the Bible says:

Phil 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PreTribGuy

So according to Matt (and Mark), the "demons" believe in Jesus.

No, they OBEY and are SCARED OF Jesus.

How can they be "scared of" and "obey" someone that they do not believe exists. Does that make sense? No it doesn't.....

And then you contradict yourself in the same post and say they do believe in Jesus. This is very confusng!

Thank you for your input , however.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

hello

i think it may be linked to this passage

1 John 4:2-3

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist

as you dont believe in jesus then you fit into the second.

david

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Well....that is nonsense and why I don't believe in the bible or religion. That is saying Jews are antichrists? Yet, Jesus was a Jew. So, Christ was the anti-Christ. Does that make sense?

I believe in one God, not two. I am not a Pagan (not that there is anything wrong with being Pagan. I have many Pagan friends). I don't get the "Old God/New God" concept of Christians. This is why the New testament is even more of a joke than the old testament. The New Testament is a blatant attempt to control the masses and it certainly worked out quite well!

Sheeple...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
jews, are anti christs

they deny Jesus, what's your point on that?

you have a weak faith, that is why you don't believe the bible. because it conflicts with what you want God to be. many people hide from the truth, a little like jonah and a lot like many, especially pagans.

frankly you are the sheep in this respect, controlled by your own desires and manipulated by them.

however that said id like to see this evidence it was created to control the masses.

cheers

david

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

jews, are anti christs

So...Jesus was the Christ and the anti-Christ.

you have a weak faith, that is why you don't believe the bible. because it conflicts with what you want God to be. many people hide from the truth, a little like jonah and a lot like many, especially pagans.

My faith is quite strong and un-shakable and THAT is why I don't believe in the fiction known as the bible. God is not what I want Him to be. God is what He is. I don't hide from the truth. I live in the truth. The truth lives in me. God lives in me.

however that said id like to see this evidence it was created to control the masses.

It's quite obvious. All you have to do is read it. Just the simple fact that the "New God" was created to take people's minds off the "Old God" for example. The "New God" has a different agenda than the "Old God." Does that make sense? God is God. There has been and always will be one! Christians are clearly Pagans, not that there is anything wrong with being Pagan. They just need to come out of the closet and admit it.

They should also be worried about worshipping false gods which the real God warned against. Jesus wasn't a false god (if he existed). He was made into the "New God" (false god) by men with questionable agendas after his death.

Show me evidence that the New Testament wasn't created to control the masses.

BTW: It's hard to take you seriously with regards to a discussion like this when your name is Dr. Evil.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

It's quite obvious. All you have to do is read it. Just the simple fact that the "New God" was created to take people's minds off the "Old God" for example. The "New God" has a different agenda than the "Old God." Does that make sense? God is God. There has been and alway

blimey you are ignorant. zero understanding and no debating skills whatsoever

try re reading it and then come back, otherwise dont waste my time

david

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

It's quite obvious. All you have to do is read it. Just the simple fact that the "New God" was created to take people's minds off the "Old God" for example. The "New God" has a different agenda than the "Old God." Does that make sense? God is God. There has been and alway

blimey you are ignorant. zero understanding and no debating skills whatsoever

try re reading it and then come back, otherwise dont waste my time

Ignorant? Really...how so? Calling me ignorant and saying I have no debating skills instead of arguing your point or countering mine is your method? I'm the one that is ignorant and has no debating skills?

Your "debating skill" is to say nothing but rag on the person you are "debating?"
Oh yeah, you are the king when it comes to debating.

You are truly a master debater! You are an example for us all.

BTW: If your time is being wasted, it is being wasted by you. I haven't forced you to take part in this discussion. Don't play victim. Take responsibility for your own lack of ability to argue this. If you can't argue this, don't say "Wha wha wha. You're ignorant and have no debating skills." Be a man and either discuss the topic or go whine someplace else.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hello Everyone, I am the person that was discussing this with EB in another thread.

His OP is a gross straw man argument for what I ACTUALLY said, which is this:

You simply believe in God?

Congratulations, you're no different than demons.

Did I call him a "demon"? I'll let you all decide. For the record I am referring to James 2:19 in the KJV:

"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

Now, contrast what I actually said with the straw man argument EB used in his OP and now make your informed decisions.

No one 'becomes a demon' for their beliefs, or lack thereof. I said the OP and demons share the same belief: One God.

You can go a step further too. Someone who simply says "Jesus Christ is Lord" is no different than Satan in that statement.

Satan knows Jesus Christ is Lord as well.

What seperates Christians from everyone else, including Satan and demons is who we serve.

Only true Christians serve Jesus Christ. Hence the name "Christians".

Luke 6:46-48:

"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock."

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

hello

i wouldnt have bothered mate, all he can do is ridicule,he uses the bible against christians, yet he has little idea of its understanding. He reminds me of a jealous child that seeks attention

david

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Well, I didn't quote him, my post was to all. To let everyone know how faulty his logic is.

It's plain as day I didn't call him a demon.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
to the topic the bible teaches us that if your not for God your against God. The bible teaches that If you believe in Jesus was the son of God you are saved. The bible also teaches if you dont believe in God's Son you dont believe in God. demons are bas spirits in a person or around the person. A human man can creat a demon by becoming possest. To creat one i think you have to believe in God or Know that God is real then chose different. Puting you on Satans side. So possiably maybe a jew is a demon. I am not saying all this is right just trying to give ideas.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join