It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawass interview of July 28, 2008

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Howdy EMM

Going to post just my replies as the software is acting up and the quote function doesn't seem to be working right.

Hans: block the entrance, it very narrow and easy to close off with a barrier and a guard, they probably had work going on in there at the same time.

Hans: Sorry no I don’t know that information. Egyptian tend to be overly security tight and finding that info might be difficult. It was probably a base taken over from the British who set up a large number of them after the 1882 war. If you think it’s important I can ask one of my Egyptian colleague’s to find out.

Hans: it took them a long time to build the wall. Zahi became the #2 guy in 2002 I believe and I believe it was started then. You could ask Bauval who lives in Egypt near the pyramids and posts at the Hall of Ma'at. He might know.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Hans: it’s a free download and most of the software is off site you only need a small program to run it.

Hans: What info is that? Don’t tell Scott that he didn’t come up with that complicated theory, it’ll break his heart.

An added comment from Schoch

circulartimes.org...

And the reality of baksheesh

www.thestar.com...

[edit on 31/8/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Howdy EMM

Hans: Sorry no I don’t know that information. Egyptian tend to be overly security tight and finding that info might be difficult. It was probably a base taken over from the British who set up a large number of them after the 1882 war. If you think it’s important I can ask one of my Egyptian colleague’s to find out.

I would be appreciative of that, I'm going to say late 70's for now, haven't been able to find much info on any base in the area.

Hans: it took them a long time to build the wall. Zahi became the #2 guy in 2002 I believe and I believe it was started then. You could ask Bauval who lives in Egypt near the pyramids and posts at the Hall of Ma'at. He might know.

The wall was started, when Hawass took charge? that is again quite interesting.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Hans: it’s a free download and most of the software is off site you only need a small program to run it.

I was confused about this bit, download google earth?

Hans: What info is that? Don’t tell Scott that he didn’t come up with that complicated theory, it’ll break his heart.

This:

This is Sitchin's 'flight path' as far as I can see, same geometry to work it out, only sitchin said this would be the approach 'vector', the monuments being as a land guide. I'm sure it carries on into the peninsula, although I could be getting confused, this was the second, attempt I believe, after the flood.

An added comment from Schoch

circulartimes.org...

And the reality of baksheesh

www.thestar.com...

[edit on 31/8/08 by Hanslune]

thank you

EMM

Ed: I read the letter from schoch, very interesting, he speaks highly of Hawass, but I notice, it's more like an adversary than a colleague, note:

"Dr. Hawass has absolute control over the Giza Plateau and he does not need a wall to hide some new discovery."

and

"I have heard plenty of anecdotal stories and rumors that even involve my own research and whether or not I was allowed to do this and that, I do not have any evidence that Dr. Hawass is purposefully restraining research because he is afraid of the results or discoveries of such research."

[edit on 1-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

[edit on 1-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Howdy EMM

Hans; Sent off a few emails with that question on the name and function of that base. I’ve found in the past that the Egyptian military is a tad paranoid-and disorganized. Unfortunately all the Egyptian military I knew are retired or dead. When researching something else unrelated to archaeology I found that they wouldn’t acknowledge that they’d built an AAA site on the world’s first dam.

The wall was started, when Hawass took charge? that is again quite interesting.

Hans: He’s actually the number two guy in the council but has executive control. The wall was planned as part of the new museum in coordination with the Ministry of Culture (AFAIK) this project has been in planning since the 1980’s to take pressure of the crowded EM. I understand they held off until the last foreigner was off the council, a Frenchman who held Hawass's job.

I was confused about this bit, download google earth?

Hans: Just the part that controls the software from your computer to the software on a different server. You don’t download the whole mass.

This is Sitchin's 'flight path' as far as I can see, same geometry to work it out, only sitchin said this would be the approach 'vector', the monuments being as a land guide. I'm sure it carries on into the peninsula, although I could be getting confused, this was the second, attempt I believe, after the flood.

Hans: that’s amusing, you might want to tell Scott about that…

Ed: I read the letter from schoch, very interesting, he speaks highly of Hawass, but I notice, it's more like an adversary than a colleague, note:

Hans: that is pretty much the mainstream view of him? Adversary?

The mainstream would be scratch their heads if they were aware of all this “fringe-hate” of Hawass.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Hans: that is pretty much the mainstream view of him? Adversary?

I was refering to Schochs view of him, the impression he gave me when reading his letter. For instance, he said:

"I do not have any evidence that Dr. Hawass is purposefully restraining research because he is afraid of the results or discoveries of such research."

"Do not have any evidence" stuck out to me, not that he is unaware of him doing anything, or knows he doesn't do anything, just has no evidence.

The mainstream would be scratch their heads if they were aware of all this “fringe-hate” of Hawass.

I wouldn't call it hate, I'd call it frustration more than anything else, and even then, there are varying views from 'within the fringe' same as any other 'group'.

EMM

Edit:

"Hans; Sent off a few emails with that question on the name and function of that base."

Thank you

[edit on 2-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

"I do not have any evidence that Dr. Hawass is purposefully restraining research because he is afraid of the results or discoveries of such research."

Pretty much says it all

Of course we could change that around to

"I do not have any evidence that EMM is purposefully restraining research because he is afraid of the results or discoveries of such research."

So what does that mean? Are you really restraining research because of the way I phrased it??

No replies yet to the emails

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Pretty much says it all

Of course we could change that around to

"I do not have any evidence that EMM is purposefully restraining research because he is afraid of the results or discoveries of such research."

So what does that mean? Are you really restraining research because of the way I phrased it??

No replies yet to the emails

lol, I am in no position of power, neither am I being accused to be witholding valuable information, regarding the histoy of our civilization and our place in the world.

I was merely presenting that Schoch himself, although not directly admitting that Hawass tampers with certain evidence/digs, he merely states he has no evidence to suggest so.

For instance, if someone were to ask if I had stolen your wallet, and you were to answer 'I have no evidence of such...", could this be construed as you having suspiciouns, or an impression, but lacking evidence to prove such an incident?

Thank you again, for the e-mail.

EMM

[edit on 3-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well lets look at it again

Despite all of the rumors that continue to fly, I honestly believe at first and foremost Dr. H awass is trying to do his job as best he can.

We can debate the merits and appropriateness of walling in the plateau, and it may or may not be an effective strategy, but I personally do not think the wall is a way of hiding secret excavations or discoveries.

Dr. Hawass has absolute control over the Giza Plateau and he does not need a wall to hide some new discovery. Work being periodically halted and then started up again on the wall is, as far as I am aware, simply a matter of available funding.

[Actually the Minister of Culture is Hawass boss]

Despite what people may think and say, and I have heard plenty of anecdotal stories and rumors that even involve my own research and whether or not I was allowed to do this and that, I do not have any evidence that Dr. Hawass is purposefully restraining research because he is afraid of the results or discoveries of such research.

EMM why don't you go ask Egyptologist if they feel there work is being constrained?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Well lets look at it again

Despite all of the rumors that continue to fly, I honestly believe at first and foremost Dr. H awass is trying to do his job as best he can.

We can debate the merits and appropriateness of walling in the plateau, and it may or may not be an effective strategy, but I personally do not think the wall is a way of hiding secret excavations or discoveries.

Dr. Hawass has absolute control over the Giza Plateau and he does not need a wall to hide some new discovery. Work being periodically halted and then started up again on the wall is, as far as I am aware, simply a matter of available funding.

[Actually the Minister of Culture is Hawass boss]

Despite what people may think and say, and I have heard plenty of anecdotal stories and rumors that even involve my own research and whether or not I was allowed to do this and that, I do not have any evidence that Dr. Hawass is purposefully restraining research because he is afraid of the results or discoveries of such research.

EMM why don't you go ask Egyptologist if they feel there work is being constrained?

I still mean to visit Egypt, although at the moment, I have a lack of funding, sort of like Hawass' wall.

Schoch does speak of Hawass highly, although, to me, it still reads like an adversarial relationship, rather than a colleague.

EMM

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Egypt is good! Try to visit the other pyramids besides Giza.....they get lonely you know.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

are you an egyptologist or an archaeologist?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by the worn bootheel

Neither at the moment, I was once an archaeologists but took a different path. I remain an interested amateur. What do you do?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
im starting an archaeology degree in july or september if all goes to plan, a distance learning degree with the university of leicester then i'll see where it leads from there.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Best of luck then, any ideas on what you'd like to concentrate on? A region, subject or era?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
thanks very much, i'm most interested in the mayans, egyptian pyramids and the sphynx and also the mysterious artefacts that spring up from time to time, especially the mitchell hedges skull.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Ah a guy interested in some aspects of fringe going into Archaeology, an old story! I think you'll enjoy the pathway.

Think about some of the speciality support areas. Mayanist and Egyptologist seem to be in good supply (AFAIK) so try to get in some field time in those area and, most importantly, LEARN the local languages, not just the ancient but for Maya, Spanish and one of the 30 or so Mayan dialects. It makes it a whole lot easier and will make you in demand...for Egypt, Arabic and German or French.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
thanks for the advice, im gonna buy a mayan dictionary next month, i saw some on amazon, i never realised there was so many dialects, i'd better get learning them lol.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The best of luck, oh if you are a city folk learn a bit about living in the 'field' and roughing it. That can be quite a challenge to westerners who are not ready for it. Stepping out of a Aeromexico or Mexicana flight at Merida and getting hit by the heat and humidity is fun!

[edit on 4/1/09 by Hanslune]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join