It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chunnel Closed!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I just saw something on Fox about the Chunnel being closed. Something about a suspicious package on the tracks.

Anyone?

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by asala]

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Yes i have also heard this

heres a link from sky news!

www.sky.com...

A man has been arrested for walking on tracks that form part of the Channel Tunnel rail line.

Police used anti-terrorist powers to arrest the man and Eurostar services were disrupted this morning.

Part of the line near Dover was shut down by police as they carried out a security check in the area.

The man is being held for questioning but Eurostar services are said to be back up and running.

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by asala]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Asala,

Thanks for the link. It was only on briefly here on FoxNews. (I can't believe I'm watching FoxNews.....I must be suffering from a head injury)

I am sure the Chunnel would be a major target for the motivated terrorist.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
shoot man, just think if you detonated one tiny bomb in there and flooded the whole thing. I would think it wouldn't be too hard to do. I don't know what sort of safety features they have implemented, but only a small crack would cause the whole tunnel to collapse

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A big enough car bomb in a vehicle being transported on the train would do it as well, and would be much more easier to hide in doorframes, under seats etc........

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wasnt there a fire a few years ago in the Chunnel?

new topics

top topics

join