It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing Operator

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I can't say for the current day but when I was in there was a clause that said I could be called back to duty up to 10 years after my enlistment was up. When getting out they made it a point to inform me of this several times and that was in 2000 after I had served about 10 years.

I should also point out that when they do, they do it fast. I had a friend who was informed she was going to be shipped to a classified location for a minimum of 3 years. They told her this on a Saturday morning at 2AM and by 5AM they had everything she owned shipped. I know this because 6 months after we were told she was "moved" I received an email from her with the details. She also stated that she had tried to email me before but the emails were being intercepted until she made friends with locals and was able to email me through them instead of on the base itself.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Darthorious]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thank you guys for all the advice.

I received at simple message today to let me know that everything is ok but no more contact will be made for several weeks.

The one line response gave me the impression he is on the move and incommunicado.

I can live with that.

Thanks for your help.

I guess this thread is about done!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I received at simple message today to let me know that everything is ok but no more contact will be made for several weeks.

How was the message given to you? Phone, e-mail, text?

Can you tell us what the message said and if anyone else was given the information?

Jemison

<< 1   >>

join