It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How YOU can improve the Quality on ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Schrodinger:I´d agree that points should be deducted if someone creates the 10th thread on a current topic.

St.Udio: My post is just a reminder on what everyone already knows anyway.

scientist: I see how doing a search for "scientist" will not necessarily reveal posts by you

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Am I hearing an ECHO here?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This is fabulous, Sky!!

You've quite well summed up what I think a lot of people have been thinking, but couldn't quite put into coherent thought long enough to type it out.

You've also given me a whole heck of a lot to ponder.....thanks!!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

ban you!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Any more cool threads y´all can recommend?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I would like to find a good one on the Time issue (or start one) but I haven't had time yet to look

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Definition of Quality-on-ATS: Posts that are well-researched, well-sourced, entertaining, helpful or revealing something new. Respectful Behaviour towars others

You can help to improve quality at ATS with the following measures:

1. Instead of Complaining about bad quality, post good quality yourself or refrain from comment.

Its a fact that most threads that we term "bad quality" are promoted and "bumped" by the people complaining about them. Someone posts something lousy and then you have 20 people responding What a lousy thread!...and this is what lets that lousy thread become more popular, make the ATS front page and gain a lot of attention and momentum.

2. It is a fact that some of the worst threads of the most replies, and some of the best threads the least replies.

Its basically a waste of time to create threads about how bad other members are, how bad a certain thread is, how bad ATS is. If you want to see it any better, you have to do it yourself - because this place is created by the users.

3. Support Quality Threads

4. One problem with well-researched threads that deliver clear answers is that there´s not much to discuss. These threads are more for reading than for responding to. But they have to be supported nevertheless, so that as many people as possible get to read them. If you see a high quality thread that does not incite much discussion, you can "bump" it, by adding to the information provided by the OP (links, more info) or asking questions towards the OP.

Thank you Skyfloating for making most of my points valid

The following are my answers to the points:

Point 1.

I didn't say it was bad content. All I said is I think it would improve it to a certain segment, of which I see you may not be a part. You obviously take my thread as an attack, and I think you have been influenced by opinions formed from viewing other content I have posted. I would like to vote it as prejudicial but can't.

Point 2.

Right...So why can't we vote those down by not voting for them.

Point 3.

Again you make my point for me thank you.

Point 4.

I agree, and I will support good replies or threads by voting for the ones I feel are the best. If you don't like my vote, compare it with how others have voted, and maybe it is you that are way off base on your beliefs.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

I dont recall having spoken to you yet or read any of your threads yet, so this thread was not referring to anything you did or didnt do.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thats certainly a topic that hasnt been thoroughly tackled here yet.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

My apologies, maybe it was bumped back up by someone trying to make a point. After all that is the first mistake I have ever made.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3

My apologies, maybe it was bumped back up by someone trying to make a point. After all that is the first mistake I have ever made.

Look at the time stamp on my thread. It was made before you made yours. So this thread cant possibly be a response to your thread.

Anyway...I´ll respond to your thread when I have some extra time.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by TH3ON3

Look at the time stamp on my thread. It was made before you made yours. So this thread cant possibly be a response to your thread.

Anyway...I´ll respond to your thread when I have some extra time.

Skyfloating without knowing why, you are brilliant...Now try to figure out why I would vote for your reply as most nonsensical, or the poster has misunderstood.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Discussion on this continued on your thread

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Why can't I give you a star?
Anyway, good post.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Easy by not contributing, that will add fuel to the fire, it will create a wave of upliftment.

Menguard raw and uncut deal with it. lol.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by menguard]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join