It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Botched Sting: Killed With Gun She Was Supposed to Buy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

There is nothing to fear but fear itself. And cops ARE fear. They have it drilled into their heads that even some little old lady could be the person who keeps them from going home at the end of the night. When in reality, being a cop is not the deadly job it is made out to be. You have a better chance of being shot and killed working at a convenience store.

In short, I agree, star for you.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

There's a world of difference between "thinking like a criminal" and being a criminal. The problem is, like I have said, that the police view everyone as criminal. If you're not in jail, it's only because they haven't gotten to you yet, so to speak. If you attract their attention in any way, they will be on you, and will nail you for something.

Take the guy with the hot car for example. No matter how safe they drive, they will get pulled over all the time. And God forbid you actually have a light out or something. They might just decide to tear your car apart if they have nothing better to do, or you escalate the situtation by doing something stupid like not kissing their ass.

Then you add into that their own personal biases. Maybe the cop is a Chevy guy, and he constantly nails nice Mustangs. But of course, there are biases that run much deeper than that too.

I got my car tossed for wearing urban camos one time because the cop labeled me as a "black person lover," after some black dude knocked up his daughter. (I found that out from another cop I knew in the department after the incident.) His probable cause was that I had parked in a fire lane, when in fact I had only stopped there to pick up my girlfriend and all her bags. (The cop had been sitting in the lot and watched me come out of the store.) So technically, I was only "standing" in a fire lane which was perfectly legal, so long as I did not exit the vehichle and left the car running.

But I got a million stories like that.

[edit on 9/1/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
"Jones said, labeling Hoffman a "criminal" because she was caught twice with a baggie of marijuana."

What a #ing joke! I love how they classify possession of marijuana as being criminal. Stealing cars, murder, etc is criminal, you can't rank possession of marijuana as the same. That's comparing apples and orange's.

The funny thing is that years ago, alcohol was considered illegal and they banned that. And now its ok to consume alcohol. Caffeine is a drug and so is nicotine yet they are not considered "criminal" to use or have. There have been no reports at all of people being killed or OD on marijuana. Whats the big hub bub on smoking marijuana?

This story angers me so much, especially since this so called police chief assumes no responsibility for the death of this young woman. Its clearly their fault. They put her in harms way!

I hope he loses his job! I will sign a petition for that! Sickens me to death that those with badges abuse their authority and take no responsibility for anything.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The problem is that police corruption like this is built into the system. For the officer on the streets, it's no longer a matter of upholding the Law & Citizen Rights...It's a matter of being faced with the scum of society & trying to keep themselves clean. But when the "legal" system condones extra court protection for police officers & the temptations to "take from the criminals" sets in & when combined with policies to encourage "making arrest quotas," the system eventually corrupts even the good cops. Here's a PDF file that collects a couple of somewhat old news articles together & offers a few personal comments...Not my comments, but I do agree with them.

But is this the type of "consent" that we give to our government? The government as a whole cannot do anything without the consent of the people...This has been proven numerous times throughout history. How many people are just going to sit back in front of their TV's & watch things like this happen until they say to themselves..."Hey, if the cops & the government is doing stuff like that to them, how long before it's me or my wife/husband, or kids, or friends & neighbors?"

Any violation of Rights committed upon anyone by a corrupted system of government just sets the precedence for more...In ever increasing-amounts. How much longer before more people stand up & take the Truth of Law to the faces of the corrupted? Some people are doing this already, in courtrooms across the nation...But it's not nearly enough to stem the tsumani that's fast approaching. Right now, we see it on the horizon, but we become a nation of cowards, too wrapped up in the government's lies that say, "don't worry, it'll never happen to decent law-abiding citizens." Even when the system of "laws" is enacted that makes criminals of everyone already, too many people still don't see the truth (or even actively deny the truth) that's up front in our faces right now...A gun with a badge behind it.

"I know not what path others may take," but I revoke my consent to a government that has grown so corrupted that it's totally unrecognizable from the intent with which it was created.

To solve the problem, we can't "attack" it on the street level...We must dig out the root of it, in the halls of government, the source of the greed that allowed the corporations to effectively bribe our government out from under us. But if the government gets fixed, the corporate influence will have no more power there...As long as we also teach our children what to watch for & remain vigilant against it from happening again.

It was We the People who ordained & established the Rule of Law in our nation & the key to the solution is to apply the Rule of Law right in the faces of those who've corrupted their Oaths to uphold it.

As the last sentence from the PDF file says:

I think we are all aware that criminals know no limits on their behavior and actions.

From everything I've seen, from research to reality, this is our last chance for solving the problem peacefully, with no other recourse left but the 2nd Amendment.

Edited to insert hyperlink with the phrase "Rule of Law"

[edit on 1-9-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
The Major regrets the untimely death of this individual, but the Major also understands personal responsibility and consequences of action. The Major questions the depth and breadth of a graduate level education from Florida State University and how an esteemed alumnus could fall into such a wretched predicament. Perhaps a curriculum of bong hits and mind altering substances isn't the best course of study for this modern world. Bottom line; if she hadn't been involved in any illegal drugs, she would still be alive today.

Dismissed.
Man,what in the hail is wrong with you?This girl got killed by the cops over less than ONE OUNCE of weed.Cops in florida are certifiably
nuts.We in franklin co just fired our sheriff because of insane C.I. use.
He tore our small population(10,000)to shreds in just 4 years.Family agianst family,life long friendships destroyed and for WHAT?The war on drugs?In less than 4 years we went from just over 35 sheriff dept. employies to over 100 including FORTY ONE road deputies THREE dogs and over SIXTY vehicles.Franklin county went from one of best places in the state to live to the most people in jail and the most cops per capita of ALL counties in the state!
We have local saying here "Come to florida on vacation-leave on probation".We learnt our lesson-Don't ever vote a cop for sheriff.

Soooo-I think that the Major best learn the battlefield a little better before he runs his mouth.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yeah, This is a sad story and the cops did this one wrong. I have seen them use female CI all the time on cases that would blow your mind. Buying guns and dope at the same time is pure ATF. They love that, you get the fed charge for the gun. Running this type of sting requires people that know how to play the game. I do not believe in CI work. Cops need to do their job.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
just saw this on MPP's site

totally sickening

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
('
')

WOW!

I'm sorry to say that this is typical of the police. Anyone accused is proven guilty in their eyes.

The very fact that he talks about her in the way he does; and he is describing someone who uses.... I mean really, she had a quarter pound and they make her a major drug dealer.... Oh sorry, I forgot she had six(thats 6) pills...

What is really scary is that this probably only happened to have you get used to it. Like alot of the terror that is happening around us all, this is only the tip and the beginning....

The chief should be charged with murder.....

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
and anyone with "recreational experience" knows how dumb this was.

nobody goes and buys weed, coke and a gun
'
and they wonder how they knew she was wired???

and who goes and flashes 10 grand to a dealer they never used b4,,,no one for you may get "beat" or robbed

of coursE they knew it was a set up

wrote 20/20,, who covered this,,, and aSKED FOR AN ON AIR UPDATE

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Manipulating your fellow citizens of your country to set each other up so you can get a conviction. I swear, isn't this the stuff we accused the nazis of doing? Inform on your neighbor and you'll gain favor with the rulers, sad.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
darn i am so happy i did not apply as an exchange student to the us.
when i came home from my holiday vacation there was first a thread with an officer executing a harmless person, then this.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
yeah,, needless civilian deaths by cops is really adding up lately

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join