It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Botched Sting: Killed With Gun She Was Supposed to Buy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by Interestinggg

guess my articulation is abit off from time to time

what i meant to say was that fake drug busts where you have undercover and govermentaly bought drugs distributed by police is illigal here,

im just supriced by this juvenile way of handeling matters,

they ship it in and sell it and bust you , must be the laziest got damn job ive ever heard of ,

talk about intentionaly self furfilled idiotism

like a firefighter setting up fires so that he has work....

Its ok I know what you mean.
The people who ran this were completely retarded.
And are responsible for the death of a young girl.
And the lying quivering chief knows it as you could see it in his eyes he was lying to protect his retarded buddies.
Its sad to think, that one incompetent moron in charge of something.
And they get in charge just because they turn up to work everyday and suck up to the right people.
Through there incompetence can be responsible for the death of a young girl.
I would really like the names of the people in charge of the operation and/or the people who pushed her into doing this.
Obviously the stupid chief had no clue what was going on.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The Major regrets the untimely death of this individual, but the Major also understands personal responsibility and consequences of action. The Major questions the depth and breadth of a graduate level education from Florida State University and how an esteemed alumnus could fall into such a wretched predicament. Perhaps a curriculum of bong hits and mind altering substances isn't the best course of study for this modern world. Bottom line; if she hadn't been involved in any illegal drugs, she would still be alive today.

Dismissed.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
All assistance, whether voluntary or forced, with the Police is problematic....

Do you want them too be your eyes and ears, as much as they want you too be their eyes and ears?

If you ever find yourself in that situation, your screwed.

Never find an "excuse" too report any activity that may be out of your league.

...Just a few words too the weary...

Fox.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Major Discrepancy

As the Major truely points out, the education levels at this particular institution are not at the levels needed for this world. However, The ethics of this particular high ranking public servant is very suspicious. Should the Major take this fact into consideration, or ignore the fact that it is a serious breech of ethics to introduce, for the purpose of a sting, a totaly untrained and inept individual into the breech of known, very dangerous, suspects? I don't believe the Major would attempt this with untrained men under the Majors command, would he, Sir?

US Marshal Zindo Doone, Oklahoma Territory

[edit on 8/30/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
My heart goes out to her family. Talk about throwing pearls before the swines! And slandering her so as to imply she was a big drug dealer herself, with a small 1/4 ounce baggie and 6 pills. She was a runner, managing to pay for her own usage (without owing to those whom you don't want to be owing) by sharing small costs with friends. I've met a lot of people doing that in Canada, and authorities turn a blind eye to whole thing.
I keep thinking that they couldn't have been so stupid to have used her in this, unless something else was going on here.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I just had a great idea, to promote morality and piety in America. The 'War on Drugs' obviously did not work, how about a 'War on Pigs'?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Major Discrepancy

Did you know that there are 6 illegal substances that occur naturally in our bodies? Since your current drug laws target specific analogues of illegal substances, that means that any chemical that is molecularly similar within our bodies right now is illegal. Indeed, it is actually coursing through your veins right now Major. Perhaps you should throw yourself at the feet of the drug courts, and plead forgiveness?

(See what I do here?) MacDonagh says that the police have acted illegally and used this poor girl because they needed a bust really quickly.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I was about to feel bad for her and then I saw she was trying to get out of her own trouble by narcing on people.

She had 4oz (112 grams) of marijuana and 6 pills when they raided her place, she should have taken her time like an adult.

The cops dropped the ball but she did this to herself.

Lesson: Don't work for the police as a narc to get out of your troubles.

PS

When drugs or weapons are involved in an exchange don't mix race. It's never a good idea.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily
I was about to feel bad for her and then I saw she was trying to get out of her own trouble by narcing on people.

She had 4oz (112 grams) of marijuana and 6 pills when they raided her place, she should have taken her time like an adult.

The cops dropped the ball but she did this to herself.

Lesson: Don't work for the police as a narc to get out of your troubles.

PS

When drugs or weapons are involved in an exchange don't mix race. It's never a good idea.

She refused to "narc" on her friends, then the cops made this half-baked plan to sting hardened drug dealers with a girl who hadn't even fired a gun. It was either that or sitting for four years in a cell for two baggies and six pills. Sounds real fair.

If she did do this to herself, wouldn't it be suicide by that logic?
She was persuaded by underhanded means within the police department to go along with this stupid plan. The drug courts had no idea, nor did her lawyer. Even the prosecutor attorney didn't authorise such a deal, so what exactly happened? Why were there no police looking at this girl? If I was ever involved in a drug sting, I'd be sure to have her in my sights at all times, have plain clothes police officers in the background etc, and shut the case down if they wanted to meet in a new location.

There is something very rotten in this.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Ugh, this disgusts me. Poor girl, she was killed doing something that she should of even been allowed to do, by COURT ORDER!!!

The "Chief" should be publicly tarred and feathered..... All this in the continuing, "Farce on Drugs".....Its sad really.

To think that theres people out there pretentious enough that they think they should be able to control what a people puts into there bodies. Im sorry, but its my body, and no one elses. IMHO, i should be able to put w/e the hell i want into my body, and if i cant control myself ill pay the consequences.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

She wanted it all to go away like nothing ever happened by doing this for the police. She should have been up front with her lawyer and not been selling weed in the first place if she didn't like the possible consequences.

A quarter pound of weed is a lot to get busted with and the law doesn't take into account the quality of it. She had WAY more than a personal stash.

Her mom said that she didn't want anyone to know she had been busted or that she was even involved in such activities. Her attempts to get away clean and clear backfired. The cops definately dropped the ball but she tossed it to them.

Word to the wise: Be upfront with your lawyer about EVERYTHING. They are on your side. If this girl had been upfront with her lawyer they would have gotten her an appropriate punishment, probably no more than a few years of probation (peeing in a cup). She lost her life trying to dodge the system.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is indeed an atrocity. On the one hand, I want to withhold sympathy for the girl, since in effect she did sell out to the police by agreeing to be an "informant." On the other hand, why in the world would the police send her on such a sting operation? That's not an informant...that's bait! I suppose she was indeed manipulated and quite likely terrified into complying.

Score one more for the drug war. I can't say I'm surprised. Of course the idea that this girl was facing four years of jail in the first place is absurd. Its not unusual for stoners to buy more than they can smoke and sell off a bit here and there to their friends. That's hardly a threat, and wouldn't be an issue if the government didn't have this insane puritanical notion that it can tell us what to put in our bodies and how to experience consciousness.

Welcome to the police state. Most likely, you've already been here your whole life. Ready to wake up yet?

And yeah, that police chief is quite the smug bunghole when he talks about how she "deviated" from the plan. He uses that word a few times...subliminal suggestion that the girl herself was "deviant" ?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Spoodily

What a simplistc way to see the situation. This is not her fault, this is the fault of the cops! They forced her into this situation by threatening her with 4 years hard time! They are as bad as, and responsible as the crooks who killed her and thats a fact!

Where are the responsible caring ethical adults in this world that should have looked after this girl, helped her, mentored her and brought her through the experience so she could have grown wiser and just put that period of her life down to youthful experience. Instead she was violently killed, a stat, meaning nothing to either the cops or the crooks

You can't trust cops anymore, ever! It is very sad but a fact and drugs affect everyone at every level at some point in their lives so seeing it in black and white is not the answer.

It upsets me massively that we are at a point we we have to protect ourselves and our kids from not only violent crooks but from the police as well.

[edit on 2008-8-31 by primamateria]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Working undercover for the police without actually being a cop is far more complex and deadly than most people would realize. It is also far more prevelant. I did some work as a "CI" when I thought cops were the good guys. I wasn't coerced into doing it like most people are. I did it for the money, the excitement, and because I believed in being one of the "good guys." How wrong I was, and I will never forgive myself.

[edit on 8/31/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
To see a life cut off so short, and in such tragic ways... maddens me, and at the same time, I am saddened. My condolences to those whom are close.

There are just too many variables in this situation, I find it hard to grasp a certain feeling or place a blame on anyone but... ehh, well I will just say it and hopefully it dosen't get lost or misconstrued:

It takes two to tango.

So obviously, it seems to me that the department and chief had a desire to nail some bigger crooks so they of course pulled from an informant, someone brought up on lesser charges is often times called upon to 'snitch' on someone doing more illegal activities. This of course, when successful will lower the charges and term of the informant in the hopes of "catching a bigger fish'" so to speak.

It happens all the time folks, sad but true.

The thing is, there are always bigger fish to fry... and it does suck to be the small guy. Anyone who knows anything about organized crime (choose your flavor) knows about the structure, and it seems absurd to me that the dept. would even think to send someone who has had very little experience in these matters right out onto the streets to make a sting, and that I must say is a lack of judgement on the chief's part.

This girl, rest her soul... was inexperienced with that life, and it is a very different life. So she may have been found with a half pound, so could she have been dealing? Yes, it is possible... maybe to friends and others on a small scale... it wasn't like she was busted with a key of something a little stronger. She was on the way to making a life for herself, grad student... now with a criminal record. Likewise the department is coming up a little short on making their quota, now come the desperate measures from both sides.

That is tough to stomach, yes... but that is the reality of this so called drug war.
Sadly enough, it is also happening all around us.... and it seems to be a war on ourselves. The victims are us, either way.

Digustipated,
T-

[end rant]

[edit on 31-8-2008 by telemetry]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The Cops are way off base here , This is a crime what they did , I am 6'-2" 255pounds and know how to fight and shoot and I would not try what she did under any circumstance

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The police, no matter how negligent and inexperienced are not to blame.
They did not pull the trigger. This highlights the problem our police forces have to deal with the drug trade. In general, the police almost 100% of the time, catch the criminal. Rather an outstanding record I would say. Our society does not punish the criminal for the crime. If this was Singapore, these drug dealers would not exist. They would get their trial and be put to death almost immediately. Not in the good old US though. They will get cable TV and 3 squares a day.

The men that killed her are the criminals. They are the ones that pulled the trigger. They are the ones that should be held accountable. They are the ones that should be put down.

Did the police make a mistake? Possibly. Do we go after them? No! They now know where they failed. This will not happen again with them. If we want to fix this for good so this never happens again, let the police solve the problem once and for all. Train them, equip them, then send them out with our full support and a simple command. END THE DRUG TRADE! It would end in one week with our full support. We do not support our police the way we should people. We put our police under impossible criteria, then complain when things don't go right. Well, I may be a voice in the wilderness, but I'm tired of hearing these sad endings. Our police forces are our sons and daughters. I repeat, our sons and daughters. They are up against foreign drug runners. Who do you want to support? I opt for our sons and daughters!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
Bottom line; if she hadn't been involved in any illegal drugs, she would still be alive today.

Dismissed.

Yes that's a fact Major, but you chose to ignore half the picture.

Bottom line, if there was not an inhumane war on drugs, she would still be alive today.

Some of us are deluded by nature & some are deluded by evil men who wish to control everyone. I choose neither, I see the Major has long ago chosen his. Dismissed.

These cops are criminals, as well as a great deal of other cops involved in this war on drugs. Good fresh young cops get hired hoping to save the world - then they're indoctrinated into the system and their once heroic purpose gets lost..

They operate not to make our world better, but to make their own lives better. They accept monies to do a job that they will never do well enough to put themselves out of a job. It's a racket and they use the media to demonize users.

The law is setup to lie to the unaware public to consider all users dealers so they can threaten casual user like this in order to get them do the jobs the drug cops don't want to do.

Anyone ever buy a bottle of booze or a keg of beer for the Superbowl party that everyone chips in on the purchase of? - well then you'd be an alcohol dealer if alcohol was illegal by the corrupt way the law is distorted in order to dishonestly ratchet up the penalties so they can record it to make their own records look better or in order to extract services out of the users without putting themselves in harms way.

I see no difference between these kind of cops or people who run drug cartels. They both care nothing for anyone's lives, but their own. At least some cartels take care of some of the poor in their countries - the cops spend all the drug war proceeds on themselves and their organizations. Oh, but they make our lives safer by getting more of us killed - I forgot.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AERO_VISIONS

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The police, no matter how negligent and inexperienced are not to blame.
They did not pull the trigger. This highlights the problem our police forces have to deal with the drug trade. In general, the police almost 100% of the time, catch the criminal. Rather an outstanding record I would say. Our society does not punish the criminal for the crime. If this was Singapore, these drug dealers would not exist. They would get their trial and be put to death almost immediately. Not in the good old US though. They will get cable TV and 3 squares a day.

The men that killed her are the criminals. They are the ones that pulled the trigger. They are the ones that should be held accountable. They are the ones that should be put down.

Did the police make a mistake? Possibly. Do we go after them? No! They now know where they failed. This will not happen again with them. If we want to fix this for good so this never happens again, let the police solve the problem once and for all. Train them, equip them, then send them out with our full support and a simple command. END THE DRUG TRADE! It would end in one week with our full support. We do not support our police the way we should people. We put our police under impossible criteria, then complain when things don't go right. Well, I may be a voice in the wilderness, but I'm tired of hearing these sad endings. Our police forces are our sons and daughters. I repeat, our sons and daughters. They are up against foreign drug runners. Who do you want to support? I opt for our sons and daughters!

The actions of these cops directly lead to her murder and thats the fact here. They are guilty of murder! And this is not first time this has happened, cops do this # all the time and lie about it and get away with it. How many taser murders, bashings, deaths in custody, corruption and plain evil do you have to see from the cops to understand how out of control they are? Did you see them arrest that ABC reporter at the DNC conference?

It would be like me telling you I've got a wonderful holiday package for your mum, and then flying her into the middle of Iraq and telling her to go for a walk down the street where she then gets kidnapped and murdered.

Who should take responsibility in that situation? I'm pretty sure you'd blame me for sending your mum to Iraq unarmed, uninformed and for no good reason into a known and deadly environment. Think about it, thats exactly what these cops did to that poor girl!!

[edit on 2008-8-31 by primamateria]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
That's pretty bad. There should be a law against using civilians in such a manner. Leave the police work to the police; don't put civilian lives in danger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join