It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I don't beleive in God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentGem

I suppose there are a few assumptions I am riding on
. Touche.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

"The problem you have is your "assuming" things, your assuming that god needs a body, needs space, needs these human things. That's why it's a paradox, god is beyond our understanding as of yet."

I am not talking about assumptions. I am talking about the known facts off logic to the present human mind, from the knowledge we have. Right now, we know everything has a creator, EVERYTHING, therfor, God would also need a creator, therfor, he is not really a God, I guess you could say no one could be God, as all elements would require a parent-creator, therfor, logic can be said there is no God - the creator of all. Therfor, to our logic, there is no God.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
On the contrary anynomous.

If God has to create a God, at what point does it end? At what point does it stop going back further and further?

So there has to be one solid creator, how it happened is beyond my understanding, but we are here and he implanted love in our souls and hae given us personalities, so there is something out there working.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If there is a God and He is omnipotent, meaning his power is limitless, he can poof himself into existence? He always existed? Who knows. But consider that alternatively, you'd seemingly have to accept the equally mind-boggling idea that the big bang poofed itself into existence, or had always existed. As for Jesus, God could have put a singing rabbit into Mary's womb if He is omnipotent.

No one would have crucified a singing bunny.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikolas

Just....have faith.....

[edit on 9/8/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigvig316
Watch this video on Jesus and God called the zeitgeist. it will make you think.

youtube.com

'Zeitgeist' never attempts to tackle perhaps the greatest question of 'em all; namely, "Is there a God?" Rather, it specifically elucidates several plausible explanations for perceived anomalies in the mainstream, accepted version of the story of Jesus of Nazareth, and whether or not he was, in fact, God incarnate.

Watching this film was a watershed moment for me; I must admit. However, I would posit that the concluding segment of the film actually points toward the existence of some supernatural force.

Call it 'God', 'energy', 'Yahweh', 'the universe', the 'quantum field', the 'Tao', 'boogah-boogah'...call it what you will. It is what It is.

[edit on 9.8.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join