It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that a Space Ship?! No way - well maybe...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Is that a Space Ship?! No way - well, maybe...

Between Mike and Zorgons posts, I feel as if there are no further pictures to be discussed...

Until now!!

You will need to click the top picture in order to see the red arrow pointing to the object being discussed...couldn't get it to size right on the post - call me a Luddite.

Many of you may have already seen this picture, but I have not seen it discussed on the boards - and yes, I did search...hopefully good enough, but due diligence was done...I would like EVERYONE to take a look and share with us what you see.

What makes this picture different than the others is that I do not see a structure per se, but there does seem to be something floating above the ground, as indicated by the red arrow. Even before I read the narrative for this picture, I did get the sense that this anomaly was indeed floating - you are more than welcome to come up with your own description, but please share it. The more eyes on this picture and the more opinions (constructive ones would be helpful, but hey, you gotta be you, right?) offered will help in the analysis of this picture.

Now, did JPEG compression cause this, or was there tampering by an MSSS employee while he was stoned, so he smudged the sides of a structure and left the top to be seen? Oops! Completely possible and understandable...

There are shadows, sun direction, terrain issues, all kinds of variables that may help us come up with an answer here; so please have at it.

Here is the link to the ASU site: themis.asu.edu...

And here is the link to the picture on the MAR site: www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

J.P.’s narrative will be much more enlightening than my own, so please take a look at what he has to say regarding this picture...he mentions several variables that may affect your own point of view, or maybe not...

Just take a look with an open mind - if after that, you still see nothing, then move on to the next post that catches your eye.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It appears like a small rock formation, looking like a 3 sided pyramid. The light is reflecting off the left side and the shadow is cast on the opposite side. This makes it look like a floating object. My 3 centos.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Are there any other images of the same area? Sure would be nice to have another to compare with....possibly with some different resolution and lighting.

It's a very interesting image.....but it would be great if we could eliminate a trick of the lighting and shape.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If it is a spaceship then it's incredibly well disguised as a rock.

The aliens must find it frustrating going to all that effort only for ATS members to see through the disguise instantly! Maybe they should employ reverse psychology and not disguise the ships at all, then everyone will confuse them for rocks!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Ye i think its definitely a big rock

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdeeman

If that is the case, should we be able to see 80% of the shadow? And doesn't the shadow look aligned to the object in a way that is indicative of something floating?

Did you have a chance to read the narrative? It might clear up some of your assumptions...

To me yes, but to you no...that's coolio. Your input is something to behold btw...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What's up with all the threads about images from the Mars Anomaly Research site lately?

Not accusing anyone of anything, just find that a little odd. The guy has some great images on his site, but he is also a little full of himself. Tells people not to except what he says is a fact, but throws his opinions into their faces at the same time. He's also really bad at saying stuff like: "Someone recently sent this image to me of this and that. Even though I had already discovered it and just haven't spoken of it yet". He takes credit for a lot of images people send him even though when he posts them it's the first time he's ever talked about the particular image before and usually starts off by saying "This was brought to my attention" implying it's new to him.

Anyway, to me it looks like something floating, but other angles would help a lot.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

I agree on his demeanor, and not all of his posted pictures are awe inspiring, but there a few that should be looked at and discussed analytically...

And as for the numerous posts with pictures from his site, he does a lot of the ground work so you can observe the anomaly rather than search for it; which can be rewarding as well, but time consuming.

Just trying to offer some new pics to be discussed...if no one finds it of any interest, then I shall try and do better when selecting pictures to discuss.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Didn't mean to imply that people aren't interested. I happen to check his site daily. I just don't care much for the attitude he has.

Just wondering why there's a sudden surge of his images lately on here.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
No spaceship there.. however there is pretty good evidence of drainage. I think NASA should sent some kudzu up there, and terraform that place. Hey it grows pretty good in the red dirt in Mississippi/Georgia..

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Looks like a chinese lantern to me.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nutglow

Your powers of observation are astounding...

NASA needs more like you.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It looks like the same type of thing as the "face", an eroded mesa.

I will look for more photos of that area.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thaks for stopping by ArMap...

Any input, even debunking input, would be welcome...I thought this picture is quite interesting and wanted to get everyone's take on it.

Not too many people seem interested in commenting, but that may change over the weekend.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Here you have it, from Themis itself.

This is why I don't like in Mars Anomaly Research, he finds the things, posts them as they look and does not look any further or if he does it he does not post the rest of the research.

It took me maybe 10 minutes to find that image from March 2006, J. P. Skipper would probably take the same or less.

Edit: I forgot the link.

themis-data.asu.edu...

[edit on 29/8/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Well done Sir...looks like I'm the only thing floating here - and after a phat toke to try and move past this moment, I'll really be floating.

I understand your concern with the site as well, though I do find some of his pictures (mostly with bio diversity and water) hard to pass on.

But I'm green, so I will continue to seek and learn.

Thanks ArMap!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

I have been a Internet friend of Zorg for some time now, brought the pic to a simple "Paint" program to look for variations of shadow, pretty amazing that there is nothing toeing it to the ground Armap, It is completely suspended in air, it does seem to have some kind of propulsion system to levitate and it is clearly an "ANOMOLY" of different articulated dimensions.
This is a pic from inversion:

You can clearly make out the design effect and the of the "Anomaly" and it is ironic it was basically, as far as I can tell, on the structural design of "Tassette Blue" (SP?]

Zorgon is not one to be frivolous with examples of thing's of this sort, I think it deserves the attention. IMHO.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

O.K. wait...

First, thanks for the input - I really appreciate it...second, not to go back on anything previously said, but one thing I never mentioned (I don't know why not) is that it looks like their is turbulence underneath the thing...especially near the rear, or broader end to be more precise.

But i attributed that to JPEG compression or some other picture variable that may or may not be able to be explained that I have no clue about...The picture ArMap threw up seems to be the same object - I think the little crater to the right of the object is present in the picture I put up and the picture ArMap threw up; so that firmed it up for me, but...

I mean I want it to be something of an alien or human origin, but not enough to overlook what's in front of me...but to your credit, your picture demonstrates something different that what ArMap has shown - and I am clearly out of my realm, so I leave it to the heavy weights, with all due repsect.

ArMap, you're being paged...

[edit on 8/29/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
After looking at ArMaps' picture and Allred's inverted pic - I am quite confused...

Looking at the object more and more, I see a hill with 2 long sides and a shorter 3rd...the turbulance mentioned earlier is the shorter 3rd side...

I guess one question that should be asked is did the program Allred used draw out the grid lines that make up the objects or did Allred identify them himself? And I ask with real curiosity because if a program identified everything in his picture, then there may be more to it...

Confused...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
I have been a Internet friend of Zorg for some time now
Good for you.

brought the pic to a simple "Paint" program to look for variations of shadow, pretty amazing that there is nothing toeing it to the ground Armap
Even when the shadow is made brighter by changing the light levels?

It is completely suspended in air, it does seem to have some kind of propulsion system to levitate and it is clearly an "ANOMOLY" of different articulated dimensions.
It does not look to be in the air more than the other areas of that photo, and I don't see anything anomalous in it.

This is a pic from inversion:

You can clearly make out the design effect and the of the "Anomaly" and it is ironic it was basically, as far as I can tell, on the structural design of "Tassette Blue" (SP?]
What design effect, I don't understand what you are saying, and I don't have the slightest idea of what a "Tassette Blue" may be.

Zorgon is not one to be frivolous with examples of thing's of this sort, I think it deserves the attention. IMHO.
I don't see why you talk about Zorgon, he has not been on this thread, and even if it was and if he was talking about the photo I would be saying the same things, he may wear a crown, but I am not impressed by that.

Now, one thing that I don't know if you noticed, is that this photo is not a common photo, it's a photo using infrared light, so basically it is showing hotter and cooler areas instead of brighter and darker areas.

I noticed the way Skipper said it.

Now remember that this is infrared imaging, so the lighter color the object, the more heat it is generating in the infrared and the cooler it is with the darker colors.
The object may have a brighter colour, meaning that it's hotter, but that does not mean that the object is "generating" heat, as Skipper wrote, it means that the object is emitting heat, it says nothing (because it's not possible) about the source of the heat. A piece of metal that was left on a fire for some time may emit a lot of heat but it's not generating it, a human being is generating it but it looks (and is) cooler than the piece of metal on an infrared photo.

Themis also photographed that area (as well as all other areas) during the night, to see the difference between the emitting of heat and the generating, and this is how it looks.

Resized to 300%

You can compare it with the daytime infrared photo.

Resize to 300%

Now, considering that all this is in infrared and this one is visible light, the "shadows" on the previous photos are not shadows, are cooler areas, while in this photo the shadows are really shadows.

top topics

join