It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin vs. Obama... Who Has More Experience?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
All we need to remember is, when Clinton came in at 1st, people said the same things, "oh hes only young" "it wont work"

Clinton did ok, he managed.

for me its now what you have done in life, its about what you are going to do.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rakillah
WOW
Just by looking at the whole thread, i can tell that there are a lot of Obama haters on the ATS, Period. Also, i like to entertain the fact that there are many and i mean many FOX NEWS cool-aid drinkers littering this very Comparable Thread. Now, both candidates have their Pros and Cons but you have to just look at what this VP pick for what it really is. It was just a jester to sway the "Hillary voters", the GOP, at best, is least concerned with making history for a Meaningful cause. I believe this VP pick will back fire to cause the GOP to lose an already lost Election. The GOP always have to provoke a conflict overseas to scare up votes
. I have to say just for the reason why she was picked, Gov. Palin is not "ready" to lead the US moving forward. In an interview a few months back she told a reporter, I dont know what a Vice President suppose to do, well i have to say that the comment will come back to haunt her
. Just like i said, she is not "ready" to be VP or Pres.

I think your entire post is, like most Obama supporters, coming from a position of ignorance. You never heard of Sarah Palin until yesterday, and therefore, in your CNN news cycle world in which you live, you immediately conclude that Palin is somehow unqualified to be VP even though she is a Governor and has an 80%+ approval rating.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Ok, for 1, thanks for knowing that i'm a Obama supporter
, Not really, i'm voting for Barr thankyou. I just love it when people think that they what the other person knows, you such a genius
. Now, I have heard of Palin back in 2005 when i was stationed in Alaska. Now please, dont tell me that we dont have a navy base in Alaska, you would make me cry

Now, i see you do not read very well, i said she is not "READY" to lead the US moving forward. I never mentioned unqualified

[edit on 30-8-2008 by rakillah]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rakillah
reply to post by jamie83

Ok, for 1, thanks for knowing that i'm a Obama supporter
, Not really, i'm voting for Barr thankyou. I just love it when people think that they what the other person knows, you such a genius
. Now, I have heard of Palin back in 2005 when i was stationed in Alaska. Now please, dont tell me that we dont have a navy base in Alaska, you would make me cry

Sorry.

Good luck with supporting Barr.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
i've read reports that say she slept with that guy to get on the inside and figure out his corruption

if those were true - wouldnt that be corrupt in and of its self as well?

Or would that be another one of those "necessary evils"
??

Well this is kinda insulting do you have any evidence of this if so be interested in seeing it. Why is it that people still believe a woman has to sleep there way into power? It continually amazes me when people cant debate on merit they have to throw out stuff like this. Ive seen stuff like obama is a racist. The point of this thread was to discuss there qualifications not inject personal attacks with no merit.

Beginning to think this election is in trouble no one is dealing with issues such as if the candidates qualified. Do they have a plan to lead.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Beginning to think this election is in trouble no one is dealing with issues such as if the candidates qualified. Do they have a plan to lead.

The trouble with this election is entitlement mentality Barry O. supporters who think that any criticism or dislike or Barry O. is because he is black. There strategy from day 1 was to play the race card and make Barry O. into a victim at every turn.

This plays right into the strategy you pointed out above.

Make slanderous unfounded accusations against an opponent.
Wait for opponent to respond.
Cry racism immediately when opponent responds to defend themselves.

You see this pattern over and over and over again with Barry O. and his followers. It's almost to the point of being ingrained in their thinking subconsciously.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

The trouble with this election is entitlement mentality Barry O. supporters who think that any criticism or dislike or Barry O. is because he is black. There strategy from day 1 was to play the race card and make Barry O. into a victim at every turn.

the only people to ever say that is people like you

the only time i've ever critisized someone for being a bigot when it comes to obama is if they say it'd be a bad thing IF he were muslim.

Thats prejudice, and i call it how it is

if you dont want to be called that name - then don't wear the costume.

Do you really think that people don't see through your conjured lies?

You ask questions like "what color are those mountains" and when we answer "brown" you say "HAHAHAHAHAH THE SKY IS BLUE MORON!!!"

you are the harbinger of ignorance here.
Sorry that your delusional ego disallows you the opportunity to discuss politics in a civil and mature intelligent manner

[edit on 8/30/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

the only people to ever say that is people like you

the only time i've ever critisized someone for being a bigot when it comes to obama is if they say it'd be a bad thing IF he were muslim.

Now you're totally busted flat out lying, Wiggin. Here's your own thread that YOU started and entitled "Racist Attacks on Obama"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So let's look at what YOU call a racial attack. The first link is to a story in which Ralph Nader accused Obama of playing towards "white guilt".

This is exactly the pattern I'm talking about. Nader pointed out that Barry O. was deliberately playing on white guilt and YOU call it a racial attack. Your entire post goes on an on with similar accusations.

You are just plain lying and hoping nobody will notice when you claim the only time you called somebody racist is when they say it would be bad if Barry O. were a muslim.

you are the harbinger of ignorance here.
Sorry that your delusional ego disallows you the opportunity to discuss politics in a civil and mature intelligent manner

So your idea of discussing politics in a "civil and mature intelligent manner" is to call me a "harbinger of ignorance"?

Is that an example of you being civil, mature, or intelligent?

I'm also a little confused about what you define as ignorance. Is lying about what you posted spreading knowledge or self-aggrandizing ignorance?

As you stated in another post, this is the internet, Wiggin. Everything you post is here for all to see. What is ignorant and not really intelligent is trying to lie about your previous posts.

And... back on topic...

According to YOU, Palin has 12 years experience, Barry O. has 11.

Do the math. That's +1 for Palin.

Thanks for your input on this thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

CHECK MATE

Andy, you realize Washington is filled with many EXPERIENCED politicians? That does not make them good...

BEAUTIFUL OBSERVATION,

case closed nothing more needs to be said

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Check mate?

How can you have that when playing checkers?

You conseratives made "experience" the issue before Palin arrived, and now when grading you on your own scale and by your own standards, you FAIL, suddenly experience doesnt matter any more..

"check mate"

Please.

King me

seems more appropriate

[edit on 8/30/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

reply to post by jamie83

Blacks voted for Obama because he is black.
Women will vote for McCain/Palin because she is a woman.
There are millions more white women than blacks.
McCain will win because white men and women voted for him.

Now come on - why steer off that honesty course?

To make such a bold statement above is saying that blacks and women - collectively - lack the intelligence to base their decision on more than skin color and sex of a candidate.

The last poll taken here in Georgia showed that 98% of blacks were voting for Obama. The poll did not say WHY Obama had such overwhelming popularity among black voters.

I am female and while McCain is scary, and while I hoped Hillary would have won, yeah I like this latest move. I don't like Obama and this is giving me another reason to go against my better jugement and vote for McCain.

The choice for VP was meant to influence disappointed Hillary supporters, and I do believe it will work.

Sonya, yesterday the Hillary Clinton forum got 30,000 hits on the news about Palin pick for VP,

30,000 hits on ONE topic,and 900 new members the majority of hillary's pumas that post on this forum are voting for Palin.

Palin is a women I can relate too, she has made dramatic changes in Alaska,

WE cry for change and when the REAL DEAL show up, Palin, they still rag on her.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You conseratives made "experience" the issue before Palin arrived, and now when grading you on your own scale and by your own standards, you FAIL, suddenly experience doesnt matter any more..

Wiggin, do the math again.

McCain had a 23 year career as a Naval Officer before he even ran for elected office. He has a 26 year career as a U.S. Senator.

Barry O.? He has 11 years in public office.

That's 49 years of real world experience for McCain vs. 11 for Barry O.

Now even when it comes to comparing Gov. Palin with Barry O., you yourself pointed out that Gov. Palin has 12 years experience in public office compared to Barry O.'s 11 years.

I would say Gov. Palin's 2 years experience as a Governor of Alaska is comparable to Barry O.'s 4 years experience as a U.S. Senator, especially considering Barry O. has been doing nothing but campaigning for the last 18 months.

So yes, "check mate" seems an appropriate conclusion to this discussion.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

i've read reports that say she slept with that guy to get on the inside and figure out his corruption

that's is why I have you on ignore andrew, you offer no proof what so ever, a deliberate attempt at disparaging a fine womans character for political gains, very dishonest, I have no respect for you at this point.

YOU who scream racism at every opportunity ,

You are a real piece of work!

[edit on 013131p://bSaturday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

that's is why I have you on ignore andrew, you offer no proof what so ever, a deliberate attempt at disparaging a fine womans character for political gains, very dishonest, I have no respect for you at this point.

Awww
you have me on ignorey poo

Too bad.

You want evidence and proof from me to back my claims, but allow people who agree with you to not bring forth proof of their own?

You're not someone i'd enjoy talking with anyways.

Ignore me all you want - i long stopped giving a rip about your opinion last time you posted "Obama is a muslim, dont vote for him" anyways...

Double standards, ill tell ya what

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legendary Smoker

Originally posted by TheRooster
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread386345/pg4#
Sorry for going off topic here but I just had to put my feelings into words...

I must be alone in my feelings because the MSM is reporting more than 38 million people watched BHO's speech, but I just couldn't do it! The brief moment that I actually watched made me sick to my stomach. I really don't know why either, I don't dislike the man personally, (although I have publicly stated I don't think he's qualified to be POTUS). Add to that what little I had watched of the DNC and I'm left wondering what happened to the humble gentlemen farmers or pioneers of industry that gave birth to this great nation? I wonder what the founding fathers would think if they had witnessed what happened last night?

You mean the racist hicks who had slaves but claimed the U.S. is free? They'd probably get sick just like you did.

that puke in your stomach...
was just culture shock to a hidden racist.

And THIS will be the "Battle Cry" of the Democratic Party if BHO loses... If you don't agree with the political views of the "change candidate", or you challenge his ability to lead, you must be a racist! The "puke" as you put it, had more to do with the lack of humility in a self described humble servant, than it had to do with racism. Like I said, I don't dislike the man.

And being of Native American descent, the "blacks" got a walk in the park compared to what my forefathers received from the colonists. But unlike most from the "black" community, Native Americans have largely put the past behind us. Put that in your bong and smoke it!

[edit on 8/30/2008 by TheRooster]

[edit on 8/30/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
I think it's interesting that Sarah Palin is being criticized for some sort of perceived lack of experience. I would argue that she has more experience and is more qualified to be Commander in Chief than Obama.

Palin is the Chief Executive of an entire state. Obama never was chief executive of anything.

Palin is commander of the Alaska National Guard. Obama has no similar experience.

Palin is chair of the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission. Obama has no similar experience.

Palin is chair of the National Governors Association (NGA) Natural Resources Committee. Obama has no similar experience.

In fact, in the last 18 months while Palin was working on solutions to the energy problem Obama has been running for office.

Can anybody argue with a straight face that Obama's experience is substantially greater than Palin's?

You Hit a Home Run ! Flagged and Starred.

Palin is a great addition to the Republican Ticket. Anything the Democrats can say bad about her will come back upon them 10 fold. They really need to tread softly around her. She'll have them skinned and gutted for breakfast.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator
You Hit a Home Run ! Flagged and Starred.

Palin is a great addition to the Republican Ticket. Anything the Democrats can say bad about her will come back upon them 10 fold. They really need to tread softly around her. She'll have them skinned and gutted for breakfast.

Thanks!

I agree. The Dems will have to be very careful with Gov. Palin. I will predict you will not hear another word out of the Obama campaign about her inexperience.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Funny... Palin will be attacked but her level of expereince is quite comparable to Obama's, and she is #2 on the ticket. Obama has not done much in the US Senate, spending most of his time running for office.

In Illinois, Obama was the voice of the 13th district... basically Springfield, IL... population 111,000... recognize the difference between "voice" (Obama) vs. decision maker (Palin). Obama was one of 59 Illinois senators, while Palin was president of the conference of all the Mayors of Alaska and held the #1 spot making decisions that have proven quite fruitful for the state.

Palin is uniqely qualified to represent the voices of small town America, and she also has the executive experience that neither Obama or Biden have.

Sure she is not experienced in the affairs of Washington... which is probably a good thing. I think most people - both Dems and Repubs would agree, that we want Washington to change... so do you want to elect folks who crave the Wshington lifestyle... Obama and BIden were bred to be Washington insiders... they have an elitist pedigree... vs. the maverick, change things attitude of McCain and Palin.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Palin even said so herself 2 months ago,

"What is it exactly that the VP does everyday?"

She has no clue what is involved in this job

www.youtube.com...

Why would we want someone like this to take the VP position when she doesn't even have a remote understanding of the duties it is responsible for everyday?

This woman has been govenor of alaska for what, 18 months? thats not even a national position, obama's national experience is far more relevant that "mayor of a small town of 8,000" and "govenor of a state that has 20% of the population of chicago and isn't even a part of the US mainland"

Seriously, her experience as mayor of a small town of 8,000 in alaska is a very bad thing for her, why would I want her making decisions based on her experience as Mayor of a town that is soooooo disconnected from what the united states really is, think about it, small towns like that which are thousands of miles away from Washington have no relevance, no matter how long she was mayor. She's probably only mayor because who else would want to be a mayor of a crummy town that no one has ever heard of?

Oh and her husband's career involves alaskan sled racing
Can you get any more blueneck(same thing as redneck, but instead of the extreme heat in the south getting to his mental judgement its the extreme cold thats numbing his judgement). Goes to show that she is much like her husband, she loves to hunt and wants to drill drill drill for oil!

Stop saying she is fighting for a "clean" energy or that she fought against "big oil", she is completely for drilling the crap out of alaska and anywhere else

[edit on 30-8-2008 by MaynardisGod]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaynardisGod
Palin even said so herself 2 months ago,

"What is it exactly that the VP does everyday?"

She has no clue what is involved in this job

www.youtube.com...

Why would we want someone like this to take the VP position when she doesn't even have a remote understanding of the duties it is responsible for everyday?

This is a complete distortion of Gov. Palin's comments. She was trying to downplay her consideration for VP by joking that she has a lot she wants to work on and accomplish as Governor of Alaska and was contrasting the perception that the VP does nothing all day except wait to break ties in the Senate.

She's probably only mayor because who else would want to be a mayor of a crummy town that no one has ever heard of?

You're 100% right. Nobody else would want to be mayor of this town. Except Palin took it upon herself to do something to make her community better instead of bitching and whining about it all the time. She did the same for the state of Alaska.

Oh and her husband's career involves alaskan sled racing. Can you get any more blueneck(same thing as redneck, but instead of the extreme heat in the south getting to his mental judgement its the extreme cold thats numbing his judgement). Goes to show that she is much like her husband, she loves to hunt and wants to drill drill drill for oil!

The dems are the party of inclusion and tolerance until you don't side with them, then you are fair game for immature insults and name calling.

Stop saying she is fighting for a "clean" energy or that she fought against "big oil", she is completely for drilling the crap out of alaska and anywhere else

Good! It's about time somebody FROM Alaska that understands the energy industry weighs in on the subject of drilling there. It's almost criminal that the Federal government has commandeered Alaska's resources and rather than use them for the common good, has prevented their use under the guise of protecting Alaskans from themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join