It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin vs. Obama... Who Has More Experience?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

you're right

i wrote it

the question is "who is more experienced: Obama of Palin"

I didnt write that, are you dense?

I talked about all 4 candidates, to show that the obama ticket is more experienced than the mccain ticket

the question was who is more experienced/

In BOTH cases - the obama campaign is more experienced

obama is more experienced than palin

and the obama ticket is more experienced than the McCain ticket

and now you're saying that i'm the moron?

Wow.

Your village just called....seems you might be lost?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
reply to post by jamie83

You're welcome, but were you thanking me or Wiggin?

I was thanking you, but I guess Wiggin DID supply the proof.

Sorry for going off topic here but I just had to put my feelings into words...

I must be alone in my feelings because the MSM is reporting more than 38 million people watched BHO's speech, but I just couldn't do it! The brief moment that I actually watched made me sick to my stomach. I really don't know why either, I don't dislike the man personally, (although I have publicly stated I don't think he's qualified to be POTUS). Add to that what little I had watched of the DNC and I'm left wondering what happened to the humble gentlemen farmers or pioneers of industry that gave birth to this great nation? I wonder what the founding fathers would think if they had witnessed what happened last night?

Yes, and your observation parallels Obama himself. What happened to the humble, idealistic outsider that started his campaign 18 months ago pledging a different kind of politics?

How could he possibly have been so corrupted so quickly?

He was inspiring in 2004, and even at the start of his campaign. Last night he seemed just like another Dem politician.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
the entire creation of this thread was

"Who is more experienced"

Obama is more experienced, in every conceivable way.

And now that the question is answered, and it goes against your candidate...suddenly ----its not the question any more?

I really fail to follow this infantile logic.....

Please help me figure it out

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

It's because he's always been corrupt. We're just finding out more about him as time goes on.

With Hillary and other candidates, it's been out there for years.

With Obama, not much was known to most, other than his BSing.

Now, we're starting to see more of what he is about. We'll see more yet as the election nears.

Obama is very experienced at one thing - and that is lieing at the pathological level.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Thats funny you say this - again.

There are books about Obama - and there is only 2 years of experience from Palin

Where does she stand? Maybe SHE is the Antichrist Muslim loving, cigarette smoking, NWO ushering, white-American hating, radical Islam terrorist person in disguise that you have been accusing Obama fo being.

Afterall - if absence of proof is not proof of absence - then your argument really carries over to Palin a lot more than Obama.

here's a tip

get a pen and paper

and write down your thoughts for today - so you stop forgetting them tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

Since you lack the maturity or decency to post my entire thread, allow me to do it for you

here is the thread

It talks about all 4 candidates....

Nice conservative tactic:

Ignore my entire post, omit the passages that make you look wrong - and then go with it

The title of the thread is Palin vs. Obama, who has more experience

and when its proven that obama has more experience, suddenly it doesnt matter?

The moronic masses strike again!!

Congratulations - you bathe in ignorance.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

So you've been properly schooled using your own words and are now reduced to name calling. Are you in the 4th grade?

What I did with your post is what the McCain campaign will be doing for the next 67 days, may I suggest you get accustomed to it.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Properly schooled?

Your refusal to acknowledge that you're wrong is astounding.

But its what i've come toe expect from those like you

Congratulations - you bathe in ignorance

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

It's because he's always been corrupt. We're just finding out more about him as time goes on.

With Hillary and other candidates, it's been out there for years.

Now, we're starting to see more of what he is about. We'll see more yet as the election nears.

Obama is very experienced at one thing - and that is lieing at the pathological level.

Like what jetty
none of you have been able to back up you little smears about him, Im most hearing "talk" but no "walk" and you fellas always seem to change these little stories of yours.

Obamas a muslim, then his a racist christian, then he was born a muslim but converted now its the fact he was born agnostic, converted to islam when he moved to Indonesia then converted back. I mean can you make your mind? And all the while with your mislead thread titles none of you have been able to prove that his ever been a muslim.

The its the case from you all that he was born in Kenya, then you changed it and said he was born in the states and has Kenyan citizenship, and when that was proven wrong by the Kenyan constitution you all changed your little story and decided to claim he was a indonesian citizen, yet none of these you have been able to prove.

And then his a terrorist, his connected to the bildenberger, his part of the NWO agenda, his related to McCain and the list goes on.

I mean where do you guys get this garbage? Surely this doesnt all come from Limbaugh?

Get a grip buddy.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Obama is more experienced, in every conceivable way.

Wiggin, you should really read your own posts. This is what you wrote:

Sarah Palin : Elected Mayor of a small town (population: 5,470) In the year 1996. She remained mayor until she was elected Governor in 2006. 2008-1996 = 12 years experience.

Barack Obama : Became an Illinois Senator in 1997. 2008-1997 = 11 years experience.

According to your own criteria, Palin has more years experience than Obama.

And as I pointed out earlier, selectively omitting McCain's 23 years in the Navy for your experience calculations is intentionally misleading.

Palin has more experience than Barry O.
McCain has more experience than Barry O. and Joey B. put together.

And what happened to your promise that you were out of here? You keep popping back in making inane comments, lame insults, and generally acting like somebody peed in your cornflakes today.

Does McCain's choice of Palin really have you that worried that Barry O. has little chance of winning?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

lol, come on...

Obama was an antagonsist he has lived his life asociating with semi radical individuals

There is none of these people, not Mccain, Obama, or this Biden guy who looks like he is the kind of guy that grabs you around the neck and explains the Unions policies to you... none of them can come close to being the open book that Pallin is

She didn't start out in a career in politics her life is not covered up like the rest of them

I do get your point lol... but she would be a bad example, Mom of five kids small town mayor where everyone gossips...

This lady is okay

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
And by the way Im loving the forceful straight faces the conservatives are putting on here and outside
It aint nice when your candidate puts you party in such a bad risky situation

Jeeze what happened to Romney?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think it's interesting that when this election started up the main complaint against Obama was, "He doesn't have experience he's too young and fresh for President"

And now Palin is the Vice President nominee for the Republicans and suddenly not having a lot of experience, being young and fresh is perfectly fine.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by davion]

link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Palin has more experience than Barry O..

No im sorry she doesnt, being mayor of a town of afew thousand in a state with 1 person per sq mile does not count as experience. You cannot flip flop on what is experience and what is not when things begin to turn against you.

Whats more McCain only met her once, only once before, and this experience argument his been making all along clearly indicates how hypocritical he and his supporters are.

McCain has more experience than Barry O. and Joey B. put together.

No I dont think so
Biden has over thirty years of experience in politics and in particular foreign affairs, Obama has 11years of experience. McCain only started his political career in 1982. Can you do the math? Or do you change it when it doesnt suit you?

And what happened to your promise that you were out of here? You keep popping back in making inane comments, lame insults, and generally acting like somebody peed in your cornflakes today.

Speak for yourself. Barry O?

Does McCain's choice of Palin really have you that worried that Barry O. has little chance of winning?

I can tell you one thing, it makes me feels great about Obamas prospects come November, I never knew I could feel any more confident about somebody than now. Seriously how hypocritical of you to back an inexperience VP that is only two McCain heartbeats away from the whitehouse
Do you seriously see the hypocrisy in this? Do you see the hypocrisy in many of the posts you made in past? Its almost as if you righties shut yourselves down to the reality of how flip flopping you are over policies and politics.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

Jeeze what happened to Romney?

I believe Romney's going to Missouri to campaign for the McCain/Palin ticket. He'll probably spend a lot of time in Michigan doing the same.

And I'm guessing Tom Ridge will be campaigning for McCain/Palin in Pennsylvania, and Pawlenty will be campaigning in Minnesota.

The real question is what happened to all the pre-written Dem attack pieces on Romney, Huckabee, Pawlenty, and Ridge? Seems the best the MSM was ready with on Palin was the lame story that she may have "abused" her power by replacing one of her cabinet members.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

you're right

i wrote it

the question is "who is more experienced: Obama of Palin"

I didnt write that, are you dense?

I talked about all 4 candidates, to show that the obama ticket is more experienced than the mccain ticket

Perhaps Wiggin you are the one that is "dense" or blind. I know you didn't write it, the "title" of the thread is Palin v Obama, that's why I omitted your quotes regarding the other 2 candidates. If you read the OP's response to my post, you'll see that he actually thanks you for doing the "math" which proved his point. Why don't you just admit you made a mistake and man up? Why is it when someone "bests" you, it must be reduced to "conservative trickery"???

Now please get over the fact that you got schooled using your own "math" and quit crying. After all, the title to this thread is "Decision 2008 » Palin vs. Obama... Who Has More Experience?" not "let's add up all of the experience of the "change" candidates and declare them winners".

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
The real question is what happened to all the pre-written Dem attack pieces on Romney, Huckabee, Pawlenty, and Ridge? Seems the best the MSM was ready with on Palin was the lame story that she may have "abused" her power by replacing one of her cabinet members.

No, I think the real question is: why did I hear Palin clapping for herself more than anyone in the audience?

Hell, McCain had to walk back up and stand beside her to get any kind of response from the crowd when she stepped up to the mic.

Lets be honest, no one in the audience knew who the hell she was until today, you didn't know who the hell she was until today, and the media didn't know who the hell she was until today.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRoosterAfter all, the title to this thread is "Decision 2008 » Palin vs. Obama... Who Has More Experience?" not "let's add up all of the experience of the "change" candidates and declare them winners".

Actually, Wiggin didn't even add up all the experience of the candidates properly. He left out McCain's 23 years of experience in the Navy. I believe that means McCain alone has more experience than Obama + Biden.

Of course Obama + Biden have far more experience in plagiarizing other politicians' speeches.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

I mean where do you guys get this garbage? Surely this doesnt all come from Limbaugh?

Funny you should ask - since they can't answer, i will

almost all of it comes directly from Rush Limbaugh

more unoriginal garbage smeared in the form of opinion on the ATS d'08 forum from the leaders of the moronic masses themselves.... :shk:

its too bad individualism isnt mandatory....

but then again - lack of censorship exists for a reason i suppose

without ingorance and stupidity - everything would just "be"

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by davionyou didn't know who the hell she was until today, and the media didn't know who the hell she was until today.

I knew about Sarah Palin about 15 months ago after a friend met her and told me he thought she would be the first woman POTUS. He's been telling me for months that McCain should pick her instead of Romney.

Just because the MSM failed to spoon feed you information on Palin before today doesn't mean nobody else heard of her.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think McCain made a huge mistake. I think he had the election won because he was the sound stable candidate. Now he has cast a shadow of doubt on his campaign. His judgment is now in question especially since he has only met her once in his life before offering her the job. This clearly shows he only offered to her because she was a woman - the one weakness the Democrats had. Hillary supporters couldn't get over it and support Obama. It is definitely risky for McCain at this point. He is really taking women for granted especially the Hillary supporters. Does he really think they only supported her because she is a woman? She is under investigation. We may hate what her ex-brother n law may have done but she is accused of attempting to use her power and position to punish him. not good.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join