It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin vs. Obama... Who Has More Experience?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by jamie83

Blacks voted for Obama because he is black.
Women will vote for McCain/Palin because she is a woman.
There are millions more white women than blacks.
McCain will win because white men and women voted for him.

Now come on - why steer off that honesty course?

To make such a bold statement above is saying that blacks and women - collectively - lack the intelligence to base their decision on more than skin color and sex of a candidate.

The last poll taken here in Georgia showed that 98% of blacks were voting for Obama. The poll did not say WHY Obama had such overwhelming popularity among black voters.

I am female and while McCain is scary, and while I hoped Hillary would have won, yeah I like this latest move. I don't like Obama and this is giving me another reason to go against my better jugement and vote for McCain.

The choice for VP was meant to influence disappointed Hillary supporters, and I do believe it will work.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

The choice for VP was meant to influence disappointed Hillary supporters, and I do believe it will work.

I think everybody, including me, has made the mistake of looking at Palin's selection as a strategic move.

By the time the election is over, I think Palin is going to prove herself to be a remarkable person and candidate in her own right. She may very well outshine McCain and Biden before she is done.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Oh wait, Obama was never on the PTA...

Oh wait....Palin was never a "community organizer"....

Not thrilled with the Palin pick...I would have preferred Romney or Jindal...but I would rather have an inexperienced VP than an inexperienced President.

I can't imagine a President Palin, just like I can't imagine a President Obama.

McCain is a one term President and had a chance to pick a VP that would successfully run for the Republicans in 2012. He failed. Now in 4 years, the Republicans have to start all over again.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
WHy dont we narrow this argument down.

McCain, Obama and Biden have experience in the legislative branch. What do legislators do? They sit around making and voting for laws and pass budgets.

Thats great but....

The president is part of the executive branch.

Now who has the most experience running in a public executive position?

Palin is the only one who has the experience of administrating a government. She has to enforce the laws within court interpretation and within the budgetary constraints of the legislative branch.

Even if Palin's only executive experience is running that backwater small town, she still has far more experience as an executive than the other 3.

Senatorial experience is almost irrelevant as it applies to the presidency, hence the reason why most Presidents were governors of states or mayors of large cities at one point or another. If lack of foreign experience is a problem, just get a good Secretary of State.

Last of all, Obama doesn't even have that much senatorial experience to begin with. He has been using his office as a campaign platform for the presidency so his senatorial experience should really be shown as half of what his term indicates.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Not thrilled with the Palin pick...I would have preferred Romney or Jindal...but I would rather have an inexperienced VP than an inexperienced President.

I would rather win the election. Palin is a great candidate. I think you'll be surprised. Romney isn't all that popular, and Jindal wouldn't help win anything.

McCain is a one term President and had a chance to pick a VP that would successfully run for the Republicans in 2012. He failed. Now in 4 years, the Republicans have to start all over again.

Who do you think would be better in 2012? Romney? Jindal? Pawlenty?

Palin is the most conservative of all of them. She's also an outsider who isn't afraid to take on the establishment, whether it's her own party or big oil.

As much as I disagree with Obama's positions, I see Palin and Obama as the next generation of new blood that can lead the U.S. to a better place.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Andy, you realize Washington is filled with many EXPERIENCED politicians? That does not make them good...

Mccain being experienced doesnt mean he will be a good POTUS.
Obama being inexperienced doesnt mean he will be a bad POTUS.

Both parties are using this experience arguement for their own side, and I find this arguement irrelevant, as just because someone has done something for a period amount of time does not mean they are good at it, or better at it then somebody else.

For the love of god, argue their polocies!! Palin has done a various amount of things the majority of americans can agree with (someone stated some earlier). She also connects with American people (look at her acceptance speech).

Obama is a great speaker, one of the best I have ever seen. That doesn't make his polocies correct.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Jessica Simpson is a very attractive woman - if she was running for President, would you vote for her because she's "hot"?

Probably not, but I'd still hit it like a wiffle ball bat full of BBs.

now that the Obama campaign has MORE experience - suddenly experience doesnt matter any more.

You're acting like this is the first time something like this has happened.

Military experience doesn't matter to the Dems when Clinton was running for Pres, but when Kerry was, every time he opened his piehole he was telling everyone he was a Vietnam war hero. Now, with Obama/McCain, once again, military experience doesn't matter.

Obama picked Biden because of the experience. McCain picked Palin for her fresh blood. It all evens out in the end.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Andy, you realize Washington is filled with many EXPERIENCED politicians? That does not make them good...

Yes. I do realize it - and its the argument i've been making this entire time

24 hours ago - the people who created/particiapted in this thread - were the same people telling us Obama didnt have the experience to run this country

now - in order to accomodate Palin - they have to throw their argument of literally 24 hours ago - out the window.

Because if they blast obama for inexperience, then it applies to Palin as well, which defeats thier ignorant approach

they - like most politicians- forget that this is the internet, there are tracks to prove them wrong

24 hours ago - experience was all that mattered to the OP and his comrades

today - experience doesnt mean jack *snip*

so - do i realize it? Yes

but im not the one saying experience means anything, i am merely throwing this argument in their face.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

24 hours ago - experience was all that mattered to the OP and his comrades

today - experience doesnt mean jack *snip*

so - do i realize it? Yes

but im not the one saying experience means anything, i am merely throwing this argument in their face.

Genius Andrew, since you brought it up, why don't you try looking through the tracks on the internet and find where 24 hours ago all that mattered to me (the OP) was experience?

And your attempt to throw any argument in anybody's face is comical. It's like watching somebody going through the first phase of loss -denial.

The point of this thread is that Palin has as much experience as Obama. It was a repsonse to the Dems first reaction today that Palin has no foreign policy experience (like Obama does?)

The squirming you're seeing from the libs all day is there utter inability to unleash their typical attacks like they are used to doing. They want SOOOO badly to blast Palin for her inexperience, but they can't because their words will be used to discredit Obama for HIS lack of experience.

From a strategic standpoint, this was an incredibly brilliant move on McCain's part. He silenced his attackers by picking somebody with the same perceived "weakness" as Obama.

By the way, what happened to you being out of here??

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
bottom line McCain/Palin have the woman vote and the conservative base behind them now...too bad suck it up. game over you lose,
quit your crying.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
bottom line McCain/Palin have the woman vote and the conservative base behind them now...too bad suck it up. game over you lose,
quit your crying.

Said like a true patron of the moronic masses

Your ignorance from that side is doing Obama many favors.

really though - keep it up

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

By the time the election is over, I think Palin is going to prove herself to be a remarkable person and candidate in her own right. She may very well outshine McCain and Biden before she is done.

Well said, and I have to agree. I live in that small city in Alaska, and it's name is Wasilla. Palin has done an excellent job, both as the former mayor of my city, and as my states head.
She even passed an energy assitance bill, which all of us Alaskans will get 1200$ in addition to the dividend fund which will be about 2000$- both payed to every resdent of Alaska in just a few weeks.
Sarah has done, and will continue to do, an excellent job.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Journey

Well said, and I have to agree. I live in that small city in Alaska, and it's name is Wasilla. Palin has done an excellent job, both as the former mayor of my city, and as my states head.
She even passed an energy assitance bill, which all of us Alaskans will get 1200$ in addition to the dividend fund which will be about 2000$- both payed to every resdent of Alaska in just a few weeks.
Sarah has done, and will continue to do, an excellent job.

And what about the gas pipeline project? From what I understand, that's a pretty big deal considering it will be the biggest construction project in the history of the country.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Lets do a campaign comparison, shall we?

Sarah Palin : Elected Mayor of a small town (population: 5,470) In the year 1996. She remained mayor until she was elected Governor in 2006. 2008-1996 = 12 years experience.

Barack Obama : Became an Illinois Senator in 1997. 2008-1997 = 11 years experience.

Wiggin, thanks for doing the simple math. The bottom of GOP ticket has more experience than the top of the Dem ticket. Yeah, voting for BHO (when you look at your math) makes all the sense in the world! NOT

[edit on 8/29/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
Lets do a campaign comparison, shall we?

Sarah Palin : Elected Mayor of a small town (population: 5,470) In the year 1996. She remained mayor until she was elected Governor in 2006. 2008-1996 = 12 years experience.

Barack Obama : Became an Illinois Senator in 1997. 2008-1997 = 11 years experience.

Wiggin, thanks for doing the simple math. The bottom of GOP ticket has more experience than the top of the Dem ticket. Yeah, voting for BHO (when you look at your math) makes all the sense in the world! NOT

Thanks! You succinctly made proved the point I was trying to make when I started this thread. Palin has more, and better, experience than Obama and she is at the bottom of the ticket. And yet the first words out of the Obama campaign today were to criticize Palin for her perceived lack of experience.

Obama's popularity peaked last night. By Nov. 4 he will be lucky to win any of the so-called "swing" states.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Are you friggin kidding me? Why the heck didnt he choose Romney and go all obvious on us by picking somebody clearly for their gender?! Righties know full well how much of a gamble this ticket is, why try to keep a straight face and make excuses about this very concerning situation McSame just put his party in. I wouldnt be surprised to find a bunch of conservatives saying in the heads "why didnt you pick Romney, you idiot" at the TV and I dont blame them, I mean jeeze?!

With comparison between Palin and Obama, let me just say this experience BS is over now. The minute McCain decided to choose a less experienced younger candidate on his ticked, he basically flip fliopped over the argument of experience. The man is 72, has been threatend multiple times, he knows full well the chances of him having to hand over the presidency to his VP and there he goes ahead and chooses an inexperienced young lady that is only known for governing a state barely the size of Portland in population, I mean for goodness sakes.

First off I will not be counting the time she was mayor of a town afew thousand in population. I mean seriously, how the hell can you count that as experience as Potus? especially considering that the town is in the middle of a state that has 1 person per sq mile.

She was what? A senator of Alaska for 4years prior?
Shes been Governor of Alaska since 2006 (2years thus far)

Education:
Holds a bachelor of arts degree in journalism

Barack Obama

United States Senator from Illinois 1997-2004
Joined the United States Senate 2005

Education:
He taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004
Graduated from Columbia University
Graduated from Harvard Law School
Worked for year at the Business International Corporation and New York Public Interest Research Group.

So obviously Obama is the more experienced one here but this isnt really the point. McCain chose to put somebody who is the least experienced person out of the 2 tickets, this clearly highlights the hypocrisy coming from his campaign and his supporters on this forum. Especially considering McCain is 72years old running for a job that takes off 10years of your life every year, I mean what the hell was he thinking? McCain only met the woman once clearly indicating this was a last desperate attempt to get more voters, I mean honestly now?? This experience arguement is clearly over.

Might I add as well, what an insult to Hillary supporters or women in general for what the GOP is so blatantly obviously doing. Any Hill supporter who chooses to fall for this BS are well and truly idiots.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

[edit on 29-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

Since you lack the maturity or decency to post my entire thread, allow me to do it for you

here is the thread

It talks about all 4 candidates....

Nice conservative tactic:

Ignore my entire post, omit the passages that make you look wrong - and then go with it

The title of the thread is Palin vs. Obama, who has more experience

and when its proven that obama has more experience, suddenly it doesnt matter?

The moronic masses strike again!!

Congratulations - you bathe in ignorance.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

You're welcome, but were you thanking me or Wiggin?

Sorry for going off topic here but I just had to put my feelings into words...

I must be alone in my feelings because the MSM is reporting more than 38 million people watched BHO's speech, but I just couldn't do it! The brief moment that I actually watched made me sick to my stomach. I really don't know why either, I don't dislike the man personally, (although I have publicly stated I don't think he's qualified to be POTUS). Add to that what little I had watched of the DNC and I'm left wondering what happened to the humble gentlemen farmers or pioneers of industry that gave birth to this great nation? I wonder what the founding fathers would think if they had witnessed what happened last night?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

reply to post by TheRooster

Nice conservative tactic:

Ignore my entire post, omit the passages that make you look wrong - and then go with it

The title of the thread is Palin vs. Obama, who has more experience

and when its proven that obama has more experience, suddenly it doesnt matter?

The moronic masses strike again!!

Congratulations - you bathe in ignorance.

Buddy, you wrote it. There's no conservative hocus-pocus at all, your words used against you. Which is why I think McCain has pulled off a brilliant move. Not only is he (McCain) more qualified than BHO, his VP is too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join