It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prison for an Asian man who killed his British National Party activist neighbour (UK)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Habib Khan was living for five years next door to Mr Brown, it had been "hell" for his family who had been subjected to "racial hostility" by his neighbours.

This is what the judge said when sentencing.

Judge Tonking said: "What became obvious as the evidence unfolded, however, is that from time to time, despite denials to the contrary, both Mr Brown and his son Ashley Barker were involved in acts of racial aggression towards members of Mr Khan's family."

Khan, described by a Muslim colleague as a respected, religious and helpful person, was also found guilty of wounding Mr Brown's son, Ashley Barker, during the fight.

So this man probably went through hell, and snapped after 5 years, but is it justice, the family of the BNP activist dont think so.

Outside the court, Mr Brown's widow Julia said she felt justice had not been done.

She said: "At the end of the day, it should have been murder not manslaughter.

"If he did not have the intention to go out and murder he should not have taken the knife out.

"Everybody feels sorry for that family but what have we been through? "No, justice has not been done. None."

So whats your stance on this.

If in that situation, would you of done the same?

The man he killed was not a nice person, he was violent, mean, racist, and a BNP activist, causing 5 years of racial torment to his him and his family, should he of been sent to jail?

Or do you think its murder, and murderers are all the same?

More on link.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Denied]

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Denied]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Mr. Khan was provoked into attacking, so the manslaughter charge makes more sense than murder. I'm sure the family will be very annoyed by this call, but then they're not exactly the most unbiased party.

And no I wouldn't have done the same thing - I abhor violence in every form.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
well he went out with the intention of murder so he should therefore be charged with murder.

I don't by the whole 5 years of racial torture/hell (or whatever) thing... if it were really so bad he should of moved house or at the least got the police involved before the thing got out of hand.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkey

That's not how the law works.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well without having the full facts of the case available, i would'nt like to judge, but based purely on the evidence given here i would have brought in a verdict of manslaughter with the added ruling of diminished responsibility. He'll be out in a year or so. However having said that i would not kill, thump the living days out of someone yeah, but not kill. What right have i to take another human life? Absultely none. There is no excuse for killing whatever the cause. Unless of course it was an accident ie car crash etc.

Very sad case when all is said and done.

top topics

join