It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks vs. Women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Now that McCain has picked Sarah Palin as VP, I am going to go out on a limb and predict that we will be hearing a lot of Obama supporters whining about how he picked her to get the "soccer mom" vote, and how stupid women are for voting for McCain just because there's a woman on the ticket, etc., etc., etc.

Ironically, it will be the same people who failed to admit that the only reason 95% of blacks voted for Obama is because he is black.

Strictly in terms of karma, it somehow would seem like poetic justice if Obama was defeated by the same mentality that got him to where he's at now.

Blacks got him the nomination because they identified with him in terms of race. Now women are going to elect McCain because they can identify with Sarah Palin.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Ironically, it will be the same people who failed to admit that the only reason 95% of blacks voted for Obama is because he is black.

I'd love to see how you come to that conclusion...

are those #'s just conjured in your own world "jamie83 land"

or do you have anything to back it up ---ya know ---- "proof"

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Look past colour, there is a person there.

Sure he is black, and it doesnt fit the "usual" but who cares ?

really who cares ?
racists ?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

There totally is, and you seem to be one of the few people who recognize that. It reinforces my belief that a person is smart, people are stupid. I live in a southern state and there is very much a herd mentality when it comes to Obama. You would think you suggested a public lynching if you dare utter a negative word about precious Senator Obama. I haven't been able to figure out why - for some reason (in a group) it is apparnetly akin to wishing us all back to the days of slavery.

(For the record, I am a registered independent with veryliberal leanings)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Both candidates are clear about what they represent. People will educate themselves about the history of both McCain and Obama. I doubt color or sex will be on the minds of people when they vote.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I doubt color or sex will be on the minds of people when they vote.

With all due respect, then you dont know American people very well.

The majority of the people in this country let the MSM do their thinking for them

the MSM says McCain si too old and Obama is not black enough

You think it wont be on the minds of the majority of voters in this country?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

That is the impression people have of Americans ,but Americans have good survival instincts. Of these two, people will vote for the one whom they believe will help them the most and hurt them the least.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by eradown]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

I doubt color or sex will be on the minds of people when they vote.

With all due respect, then you dont know American people very well.

The majority of the people in this country let the MSM do their thinking for them

the MSM says McCain si too old and Obama is not black enough

You think it wont be on the minds of the majority of voters in this country?

You are right. As much as I hate to admit it, more people in this country pay attention to what the media says about a candidate than what the candidate stands for.

I don't care that Obama is black. I don't care that he is a great speaker with great charisma with great speech writers. I don't care that he can pack a stadium with 85,000 rabid liberals. I don't care that the media fawns, drools, and seems to worship him.

I don't care that McCain is over 70 years old. I don't care that his running mate is a nice looking younger woman. I don't care that the media seems to forget about McCain a lot of the time. I don't care if he makes a few mistakes now and then (who among us is perfect all the time??).

I care about what these men stand for. I care about what these men want to do for/with our country. I care about their character, their judgement.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

I'd love to see how you come to that conclusion...

are those #'s just conjured in your own world "jamie83 land"

or do you have anything to back it up ---ya know ---- "proof"

Sorry Andy, I'm not here to meet your standards of proof. I'm just making an observation. I'll simplify it for you:

Black people voted for Obama because he is black.
White women will vote for McCain because he named Palin VP.
There are millions more white women than blacks.
McCain will win.

Specifically, white women in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Minnesota, and Wisconsin will vote for McCain because of Palin. Obama must win all of those states to have a shot at winning. He might not win any of them now.

The glass ceiling will be broken this election. Obama fans will cry racism.

My democrat friends have been calling me today and they are simply sick over McCain's pick. They were counting on Romney and all the houses he owns. A black friend called and said picking Palin is a typical Republican dirty trick. It's almost comical.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It's funny, I've been hearing similar things here. Have you heard any of the "If McCain wins, then [insert city name] will burn!" ? We've got a bunch of that. On the one had, it's pretty funny. On the other, it's definitely a little scary to hear people getting so riled up over it.

*edit cause I can't spell

[edit on 8/29/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Its a media spin for political means pitting race and gender against the two major parties.

This might actually be a great year for the Liberal-tarians .

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeltAngel
It's funny, I've bene hearing similar things here. Have you heard any of the "If McCain wins, then [insert city name] will burn!" ? We've got a bunch of that. On the one had, it's pretty funny. On the other, it's definitely a little scary to hear people getting so riled up over it.

On a similar note, I heard something said several times during the DNC last night that disturbed me. More than once, there was a quote similar to the following "If Obama doesn't win, it's proof that this country hasn't really come that far since segregation."

The news channels are pushing that a vote against Obama is a vote for racism. You know, some of us will not vote for him because we think his policies are bad for the nation.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think Condoleezza Rice would have been a great choice. To the best of my knowledge, he has made a poor decision.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

You mean voting against him ISN'T racism? You mean there are those of us who actually care about issues and the direction of this country? I just dont' believe it!!

I've heard that a few times on tv and it is one of the contributing factors in my reduction of televised politcal time. It is a dangerous and foolhardy direction for the MSM to take. Of the issues I've struggled with in this election season, this is on the list. What reason could you have to try and inflame the population so?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

"If Obama doesn't win, it's proof that this country hasn't really come that far since segregation."

i never - one time - heard that or anything close to that.

And i watched it all...

maybe some proof?

Lots of black holes for proof going on in this thread....

jamie....bluetriangle....

SHOW ME THE PROOF!
I CAN HANDLE THE PROOF

by taking the same investigatory techniques to mccain, that you two are taking to obama, i can say this:

McCain thinks black people suck and all queers should die by a noose.

except i can't prove it with anything.

...just like you

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Sorry Andy, I'm not here to meet your standards of proof. I'm just making an observation. I'll simplify it for you:

well atleast you finally admit that you cannot back up a single claim you make

...ever.

Thats a statement that puts a big smile on my face.

Thank you

top topics

join