It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reseructing old topics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

Sometimes there are, but they are usually there for a few different reasons.

If you took UFO's alone, you would fine thousands of threads just about UFO's.... If there was only one thread on UFO's it would be thousands of pages long, noone could read it all at one time, and that doesn't make much sense. I recently did a search for "Flying humanoids" on ATS and all of the threads are at least a year or two old. So I found some of the more recent videos and started a new, recent thread on the subject where people can discuss the topic in a thread that isn't years old.

There are now more recent videos, photos, etc. that were never talked about in the original threads. Almost all of the ATS message board sections are very broad topics that deal with all kinds of sub-topics and issues. It makes more sense to have multiple threads per topic.. If there weren't, you could never have a message board with sections like ATS because each topic would have only one thread.. and it doesn't make sense to give ONE thread its own section of the boards.

ATS members can easily talk for dozens of pages on one youtube video.... ONE. And UFO sightings, just as an example, are so different and bizarre that they often deserve their own threads. Not to mention situations like you had with the Stephenville UFO wave earlier this year... Those discussions went on for ages..And we're STILL discussing the Stephenville UFO's.. All of these situations are different, they have different stories, different witnesses, different witness testimonies, etc..etc..etc.. It would be impossible to put them all in one thread and not confuse the heck out of everyone.. Not to mention, it would probably scare away potential members
.. Noone wants to post without reading a thread first.. But that would be impossible with a 3000 paged thread.

The thread would go on for hundreds and hundreds of pages of people just re-posting what they already posted multiple times because people didn't read the thread in the first place but are simply responding to the thread title.. It still happens on occasion even with short threads, but at least people can keep up with the smaller threads much easier. The idea here seems to be to encourage ALL members to start their own discussions and threads..

Not because the subject matter hasn't been discussed before, but because there would be NO reason for membership in the first place if noone could start a thread because there is already a thread on "aliens" for example.. Noone would join.. People would see a 3,000 page thread and think "Looks like everything's already been discussed", I don't have the time to read it, I wouldn't be able to keep up with it anyway, I'll move on now to a different website.

-ChriS

[edit on 30-8-2008 by BlasteR]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join