It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Chosen as McCain's VP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think Joe Biden will mop the floor with her.

Bad pick for the GOP. Should have gone with Romney.

Just my $0.02

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Concern about polar bears is fringe politics.
They can roll about in the dirt till they're brown so as to sneak up on land prey, or hang out in Arctic-Sea-World, if global warming is as serious as Al Gore and all right-thinking people claim, hell, they are screwed already.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

An investigation doesn't equal guilt. There may be nothing to it, and I suspect that the McCain campaign has thoroughly checked it.

And again, lets not forget that Obama has a few questionable associates. If the Dems want to play the guilty-until-proven-innocent game, I'm sure the Republicans will gladly oblige.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78She does have a potential scandal, but if the Dems want to play dirty, the Republicans can return the favor in spades.

No doubt about that. The Republicans have quite a lead in that arena already.
This will be a nasty campaign. I'm afraid her "presidentialness" is going to be a main focus because of McCain's age.

I agree BlackOps. I think Biden will chew her up and spit her out. And I think the Republicans made a mistake. (I don't think this was McCain's choice - He would have picked Lieberman or Ridge)

Biden will have to be careful so as not to be seen as a "meanie" to the woman. I'm sure that was part of the Republican's plan in choosing her. Being a woman will be both an advantage and disadvantage to this campaign.

Originally posted by vor78
I'm sure the Republicans will gladly oblige.

What do you mean, "will oblige"? They started a long time ago.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

What does she bring to the table in regard to economic policy?

Here is a link that talks about her economic policies:

www.ontheissues.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I don't think you've seen anything yet, BH. If the Dems want to take it dirty, the Republicans will attack a LOT more harshly than they already have. The campaign itself hasn't pushed Obama's connections as hard as they could as of yet. Maybe the grassroots have, but not the establishment.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by vor78]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I'm afraid her "presidentialness" is going to be a main focus because of McCain's age.

On the other hand, she is the only one of the four on the national ticket that has executive experience(Governor). The other 3, of course, have only legislative experience.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Very true. So in one sense, she is more "qualified" to be President than any of them!

I'm also not sure where people are getting this idea that somehow Biden is going to destroy her in the debates. Since when did Biden become such a debate powerhouse? Seriously?

Palin can and will hold her own against the amazing Biden. People are just scraping for things to hold against here at this point.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think that the Obama campaign has just made a major mistake. They are attacking Palin because she has "small town" experience. That's not going to go over very well in rural areas of Pennsylvania, Ohio and other key states.
Again, Obama has taken an elitist approach.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Please use the existing thread to continue discussion

McCain's pick is.....

Thread closed.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I'm also not sure where people are getting this idea that somehow Biden is going to destroy her in the debates.

You are right on target. Biden will run at the mouth the first chance he gets. He just can't resist putting both feet in his mouth whenever he gets worked up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join