It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's pick is.....

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

that's why I said, "most libs" not "all libs".
If you're not one of "them" that's good.

But since you were offended by it I would surmise that it has a "ring of truth" to it in your own mind about your self? (Not an insult just an observation.)

Back on topic, I like Insane's VP pick, she's smart, attractive, and supports gun rights with a record to prove it; everything I like in a woman.... I don't understand libs..

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

ummmmm.... I agree with you..... were you directing your rage at me?

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by euclid

Rage?

No...no rage here!

It just seemed that there was a 2-person "slug-fest" going on that was not related to the thread topic!

Man, I love my .22 -- and I'd hate to have to give it up ... but at the same time, if I ever owned a hand gun -- I'd own a not only a triger-lock but one of those cable things that goes through the chamber...It's being a responsible gun owner, that's all.

And yes -- some PHD's can't start an Evenrude outboard motor for a boat, but still calculate the distance to the moon with match sticks....

Intelligence is quantified via the context it is used in.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Agreed, and in this case, it went from the pic to slinging accusations, to the argument about pailn going on board a plane after her water broke to more insults at liberals.

I dont see many insults coming from the left of the arguments, just the right. ( there might be one exception or two, but the majority are coming from the right)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm sure this information has been posted several times on here by now but I just feel the need to reiterate the following:

Sarah Palin is former Beauty Queen and News Anchor

Sarah Palin has spent 400,000 dollars of Alaskan Taxpayers Money to convince Alaskans to vote for a bill that would legalize the aerial hunting and shooting of Alaskan Grizzly bears (a protected species) and Wolves. Alaskans had previously voted down this measure TWICE! One of the video's she released to support this measure shows her sitting infront of a tanned Bear hide.

Sarah Palin is currently under investigation in Alaska for abuse of power (7/08) after she fired the Dept. of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan. Palin pressured Monegan to fire her sister's ex husband who is a state trooper. When Commissioner Monegan refused, Palin fired him. Click here and here and here to read the news about Palin's corruption.

She is pro-war, her husband works for BP oil, she belives that creationism should be taught in school, she is anti abortion in all cases (including rape and incest) and we could go on. The point is, if John McCain is elected to President and he should for some reason not survive his term (he is in his 70's you know) she will royally f**k our country - - - imoh.

McCain disgusts me by this woman is the great white devil. This ticket must not win. - - - imoh.

All this information can be found at grizzleybay.org

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WickedStar

WOW!!!!!
I guess you'll be pretty well bummed out when Insane McCain wins

Yes I hate both sides in this battle. But voting for a pretty lady to be the first woman VP and then the first woman President of the USA is a good thing, another republical first!!!! And if you knew anything about the Presidency you'd know that just because she is a conservative and "might" become the President she would have no power to overturn a law. Only Congress can repeal a Law and only the Supreme Court can vacate a ruling. The last time I checked the Roe vs. Wade ruling had not been vacated (yeah that's technical jargon for all the legalese-challenged); so it doesn't matter if she's pro-life. Everyone should be pro-life any way. It amazes me how libs are so dichomatic, condoning the murder of babies on one hand and then condemning war on the other
because of all the poor children that get killed.

And I hear that grizzly bear meat sausage is very tasty as long as it is processed soon after being taken.

-Euclid

[edit on 31-8-2008 by euclid]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by euclid

WOW!!!!!

Yes I hate both sides in this battle. But voting for a pretty lady to be the first woman VP and then the first woman President of the USA is a good thing, another republical first!!!! And if you knew anything about the Presidency you'd know that just because she is a conservative and "might" become the President she would have no power to overturn a law. Only Congress can repeal a Law and only the Supreme Court can vacate a ruling. The last time I checked the Roe vs. Wade ruling had not been vacated (yeah that's technical jargon for all the legalese-challenged); so it doesn't matter if she's pro-life. Everyone should be pro-life any way. It amazes me how libs are so dichomatic, condoning the murder of babies on one hand and then condemning war on the other

And I hear that grizzly bear meat sausage is very tasty as long as it is processed soon after being taken.

-Euclid

You hate both sides, so you decide to vote for the pretty lady.... And you make fun of the lib's.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
well I think I have figured out why McCain picked Palin. Does this seem "creepy" to anyone else?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jwstarry

Hahaha, that was pretty funny. The accompanying song is perfect.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jwstarry
well I think I have figured out why McCain picked Palin. Does this seem "creepy" to anyone else?

www.youtube.com...

Well, I can fault McCain for looking at a woman's breast. I'm guilty of that too.

Actually I don't think he had any input in the choise of VP.
He's owned by big business and they pull the strings of the GOP puppets.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

i think he was staring at her backside actually. no matter.... either im sure are appealing. but yea. theres no way in hell he picked her. He has met her only ONE TIME. goodness

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I will say, and while i know it its all politcal.... I would respect the Mccain campaign a lot more if they do delay the convention until the hurricane is gone. But even then, what if it is another katrina? when do you hold it? I dont think theres a right answer here.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by euclid

WOW!!!!!

-Euclid

I don't even know where to begin with you bud. You want to vote for the pretty lady - fine be my guest - but don't lie to us and say that you're only doing because it'd be good to have Woman finally in the White House. Change for the sake of Change is never a good thing - no matter how many firsts that change brings with it. And moreover - she is certainly no Hillary Clinton.

And yes, I know a lot about the Presidency. When Bush Co. took office we saw him amend the power of his office so that he could bypass and overturn laws specifically limiting the power and scope of the Presidency - Torture, the Patriot Act, Domestic Spying - I could go on. You're the enemy of dumb so I figure you're smart enough to know about all of this.

Everyone should be pro-life? That's sweet coming from a man. Luckily, your opinion on the abortion issue means nil. As a matter of fact I think I specified that Palin was anti-abortion even in cases of Rape and Incest. You think you could handle carrying a baby which was the product of Incest to full term? I highly doubt it. I've never condoned the murder of babies and how dare you suggest that I would. You want to talk about how dichotomous liberals are but with conservatives everything is either Black of White - either you Love Bush or your Hate him, either you're Pro War or your Unpatriotic, either you love your country or you hate it - same ole fear tactics your party has been using for the past 6 years. Please learn a new tune.

Sarah Palin is a lunatic!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
This guy is a local "legend" in Anchorage -- Mr. Whitekeys. He ran a dinner-theater here that did satire on the state government -- and occasionally now does bits on the local NBC affiliate KTUU... Here is his bit about Palin's pregnancy...

Here's the local CBS affiliate's news story -- complete with locals reactions to her announcing her pregnancy...LOL, I love the guy at the end!

[edit on 30-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

Wow..

No one wants to comment on these videos that I had to struggle and search for?

How can this "community" not take 10 minutes out of their seemingly busy lives to watch these.

I am not in "favor" of Palin. In fact I will vote against McSame .. aka McCain in favor of Ron Paul.

But I cannot stand back and let this entire board lambaste a fellow Alaskan.

We are a different breed up here -- we are mavericks that "shuck" the system.

I'm sure Sarah herself would say she identifies herself as an ALASKAN -- first, and then an American.

We Alaskans have had to fight tooth and nail to get any kind of recognition beyond our resources which are continually raped by big oil.

We are the "final frontier" -- often forgotten, but never recognized as 20% of the domestic energy you all seem to enjoy.

I do NOT agree with Sarah's politics -- but as a staunch Alaskan, I will defend her against any kind of ridiculous and seemingly asinine (and out of context) assaults by those who have never, and will never -- set foot inside of this State.

May your mis-guided and seemingly idiotic arguments find a new home. We Alaskans are a Proud People -- and will not stand by as another of our own is dragged through manufactured "mud" that does not exist.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
McCain is so old he is likely to drop dead from the stress of the inauguration. Unlike Obama, his Veep has a serious chance of becoming President. How can we seriously be expected to elect this neophyte President in waiting?

Real thin attempt to win over the Woman vote. Weak.

------------------

You want stress? Try this on for size.......

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Just to cover my bases Mystic (and you may be responding to someone else entirely) I, personally am not nor have I attacked the Alaskan people. I've often dreamed of moving to Alaska just to get away from all this mess down here. The points I made about Sarah Palin have nothing to do with her status as an Alaskan - I'm only concerned with her vapid politics.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
For all you Obama-nites...

This is the Gov. "Mansion" in Juneau, Alaska

Many thanks to my friend Kyle for getting the sign-age, placing and taking the photo...I now have posted.

It's hilarious to see an "Obama" sign in front of her Governor's "Mansion" in Juneau, Alaska! (which btw she never actually resides in)

I broke this pic first -- and my friend in Juneau was reluctant to share said photo with me -- due to the fact it could be used/mis-used against his expressed will.

I have expressed permission from the photographer himself to share this with you all. Any alterations or re-use of said photo can/will result in legal/court issues.

As I have said, I am not a "Palin-Bot" ... I hate both parties and Ron Paul has my vote.

Sarah is a fellow Alaskan -- and as such I feel obligated to help (and give humor) to those outside of Alaska a non-biased and "facts on the ground" opinion of her.

I am an Alaskan first -- and then, an American.

When I hear this song, I tear up. I was born here. I am who I am because of this land. I am an Alaskan, the bastard-child of the United States.

Alaska's State Song

[edit on 1-9-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Oh what??!

No one cares to respond?

Dang -- I hate to think I scared off any pundits/critics and cynics....

Man...

Let's all focus ourselves on REAL issues -- not political games that are in bed via both sides.

As I have said -- Ron Paul has my vote, abet a "wasted vote" on my part because of the ignorance of the population of America.

God help us all...

[edit on 1-9-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Palin’s 17-Year-Old Daughter is Pregnant

The 17-year-old unwed daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is five-months pregnant, Palin and her husband, Todd Palin, said Monday in a written statement. John McCain’s newly named running mate confirmed the story after rumors circulated on the Internet that Palin’s 4-month-old son was actually her daughter Bristol’s child. McCain’s campaign told FOX News that the presumptive Republican presidential candidate knew about Bristol Palin’s pregnancy before he chose Palin as his running mate last Friday, and that Bristol is planning to marry the father of her child. The baby is due in late December. “We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us,” the Palins said in the statement. “Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We’re proud of Bristol’s decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support.” The Palins asked the media to respect their family’s privacy. “Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family. We ask the media to respect our daughter and Levi’s privacy as has always been the tradition of children of candidates.” A McCain campaign spokesman told FOXNews.com that Bristol’s pregnancy was considered a “private, family matter” that had “absolutely nothing to do” with her mother’s candidacy. Sarah Palin’s son, Trig, was born in April with Down syndrome. Internet bloggers have been suggesting that the child was actually born to Bristol Palin but that her mother took responsibility to protect her daughter. Barack Obama also repudiated what McCain aides called a false and malicious smear, saying Monday that the reports have “no relevance to Governor Palin’s performance as governor or her potential performance as VP.” He said he would fire anybody in his campaign who spreads rumors about the situation. “I think people’s families are off limits, and people’s children are especially off limits,” he said. “This shouldn’t be part of our politics.” Asked about the rumors on Monday, first lady Laura Bush said she sat with Palin at the National Governors Association dinner in February and noted she was pregnant then. Focus on the Family President James Dobson, who strongly praised McCain’s selection of Palin as a running mate, said the Palin family is approaching the pregnancy exactly how his group recommends. “We have always encouraged the parents to love and support their children and always advised the girls to see their pregnancies through, even though there will of course be challenges along the way. That is what the Palins are doing, and they should be commended once again for not just talking about their pro-life and pro-family values, but living them out even in the midst of trying circumstances,” Dobson said. But the Palin family travails don’t stop at Bristol Palin’s pregnancy. Palin spokeswoman Maria Comella confirmed Monday that Todd Palin was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol in 1986 when he was 22. Sarah and Todd Palin, who had been high school sweethearts, were dating at the time. Sources close to Sarah Palin told the Christian Broadcasting Network that Todd Palin has been “forthcoming about the situation and has indicated that it was a lesson learned from when he was younger.” FOX News’ Shushannah Walshe and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

the pic doesnt work... sorry. that woulds been funny to see though

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join