It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's pick is.....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Hey, if we have any women on here. I would like to hear a comment from a women and her position on a women VP, would other women vote for McCain just because he choose a women VP? No offense, but I am curious if they would.

I won't vote for him just because he has a female VP. I'm not a fan of McCain. I know very little of what Palin stands for, or how she's voted in the past, or how her past decisions relate to what she could/would do as a VP. And then there's that thing called the Constitution, which to me matters above all the other stuff. So where does she stand on that, and how it has suffered in the last eight years. I'm not a superficial voter. I will find out who she is and where she stands. I already know I'm not pleased with the other choices.

There's always the write-in vote.

link   
reply to post by bknapple32

He didn't let it leak so he could build up hype. That is all I was talking about last night, and all the reporters were talking about last night after the DNC. He stole the spotlight. Totally. That's the way he does it.

link   
Oh man, I'm gonna get it for this one but...

I can't help but like the girl. But I can't stand McCain. (and I'm going to have to admit that Obama's speech last night really did sway me to his side *sigh* i can't figure out if I'm being duped or if he really did state his case sufficiently)

After all that I've read about the woman, I kinda like her.

I like her energy policies. Her ethics seem to be very very strong (although her dismissal of the Public Commission possibly being due to his refusal to fire a state trooper who was going through a divorce/custody battle with her sister is a bit shady). I don't agree with her stance on gay marriage but it is at least commendable that she vetoed of legislation that would have barred the state from granting gays the same benefits that heterosexual spouses get.

She so far seems pretty stand up. McCain's VP pick is definitely going to make this a very close race. It will be interesting to say the least.

Side note: I like how, in Obama's speech, he mentioned that this race shouldn't be about smearing one's character and questioning their patriotism. It makes me want to see if McCain will continue to run his smear campaign. Obama set the bar there, and I wonder if McCain will rise above it. If not, I think it really does question McCain's ability to run on the issues alone. I've always thought that a candidate that cannot do that doesn't have a very strong stance on the issues and knows it.

link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Hillary supporters will not vote for George Bush in a dress, they just wont.

I agree with you. That doesn't mean that its not a tactic by the McCain campaign.

Its a very widely known fact that there are many disgruntled hillary supporters out there who so vindictively want to strike back at Obama because they can't contain their own jealousy.

What better way than to offer support to his opposition?

I never said it was a smart thing to do

I am saying that there are a lot of stupid people in this world.
And McCain is very good at exploiting them.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

Wow talk about looking for excuses my aunt had a son with downs syndrome and I I assure you it wasn't from inbreeding.
This is why politics disturbs me its not about the facts but how you can trash the other opponent. As far as why he picked her having a woman on the ticket helps main reason however she is direct contrast to him she is a working middle class family.

JSR

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
On another note you know she wont be teaching abstinence nor condom use

come on mods........what are you waiting for eh? a personal invite?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSR

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
On another note you know she wont be teaching abstinence nor condom use

come on mods........what are you waiting for eh? a personal invite?

Here here....

If ever there was someone asking to be reprimanded. It would be this troll.

People like him bring down political discourse so much it saddens me.

link   
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

Thank you.

I was really curious to what they would think having finally a good chance of having a women in the number two spot. As I mentioned earlier, she is trying to win over the women voters though a few profound quotes I've seen.

link   
What are the obabaphiles going to do if she kicks Biden's tail in the debates?

Obama doesn't have any economics experience either. He lost his economics credentials by turning a cold shoulder to the Clintons. No doubt McCain has stolen Obama's convention thunder with this choice. It all depends on how likable she is, and the evidence shows that she is very likable. No doubt with this pick, McCain is signalling that he won't be like GW, that he truly stands for change. The Obama camp must be sheeting yellow in their pants. Notice how quickly they are turning negative. The tables have turned, McCain has Obama in a corner with this pick.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Seems like a pretty thin plan considering they have virtually staked the entire race on the hopes of drawing ijn these stray female votes.

Maybe they are grasping at straws, maybe they know something we dont. If Mccain chose her as VP on the sole idea that it would attract Hillary supporters he is mistaken. There may be a few hard heads who will cut off their noses to spite their face, but most will stick with Obama I would guess.

Bottom line is most see Mccain as another 4 years of Bushism, and this young lady does little to change that notion.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
I would like to hear a comment from a women and her position on a women VP, would other women vote for McCain just because he choose a women VP? No offense, but I am curious if they would.

I'm a woman. Absolutely not. I would be offended that he thought he could maneuver my vote from me simply by picking a person who shares the same sex organs. I'm in that 30-50 range and I am personally appalled that he obviously chose a woman to use her gender. There are a lot more qualified people.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Palin for President, errrr, I mean, Mc Cain. LOL

I suspect she is also a great fan of Ron Paul. Did I say that...........?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

No they won't. But can we get him in a dress just for fun anyway?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks again.

I'm glad out that out there, there are some people would do decide based on issues, not gender, race, etc.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlNextDoor

Originally posted by BlackOps719

No they won't. But can we get him in a dress just for fun anyway?

We got Guilianni in one, thats enough for me.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by jamie83

Obama's ship is sinking fast.

Really?

Because what i watched on TV last night was the mile high stadium - PACKED - to the brim.

Yes, really. Obama's ship is sinking fast. Last night was a stage show. The stadium was packed with Democrats at the convention. Big deal. It was a made-for-tv event.

I live in PA and there is outward dislike for Obama among the same friends I have who were passionate about electing Kerry four years ago. The fact that the Obama campaign is beginning in Pittsburgh shows just how desperate their campaign is right now. PA should be a slam dunk for a Democratic candidate. Like I showed in my other thread, if just 12% of Hillary supporters vote for McCain, Obama will not be able to carry PA, MN, MI, or WI.

And now with Palin on the ticket, McCain just peeled off a few more women who otherwise might have gone with Obama.

Palin is about to make history. Obama let it slip through his fingers by not naming Hillary as VP.

JSR

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
.....(and I'm going to have to admit that Obama's speech last night really did sway me to his side *sigh* i can't figure out if I'm being duped or if he really did state his case sufficiently)

yea...me too. i had to cringe when i told my wife ( an avid fan ) i knid of like it.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

As a woman, no, I will not vote for McCain just because he chose a woman for his VP. Anyone who would do that really doesn't care what happens to their country. Same thing with those who will vote for Obama just because he is black.

If you really take your right to vote seriously and really care about your country, then you vote on the issues, not what a person looks like or sounds like or whether the media likes them or not.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
What are the obabaphiles going to do if she kicks Biden's tail in the debates?

Obama doesn't have any economics experience either. He lost his economics credentials by turning a cold shoulder to the Clintons. No doubt McCain has stolen Obama's convention thunder with this choice. It all depends on how likable she is, and the evidence shows that she is very likable. No doubt with this pick, McCain is signalling that he won't be like GW, that he truly stands for change. The Obama camp must be sheeting yellow in their pants. Notice how quickly they are turning negative. The tables have turned, McCain has Obama in a corner with this pick.

At least the Dem's know what they are getting in a Joe Biden. Good or bad, he has been the same for 30+ years in the senate. Pallin (sp?) is more of an unknown, an X factor for the GOP.

She may turn out to be more than competant, she may end up wowing us all with her debating skills and campaign prowess.

Then again she may be a complete flop, a PR nightmare waiting to happen. She may get on that stage during the debates and freeze up worse than William Stockdale after a fifth of Hennessy.

Seems like a big risk to me. I would take tried and true over young and willing any day.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

While obama should have picked hillary... TO just assume dem women are going to vote for mccain cause of palin shows your ignorance.

SHES A PRO LIFER. Could be issue number one for hillary voters. Sorry, not gonna happen.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join