It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's pick is.....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

It's Down's Syndrome and he was with her at the announcement just now. He's 4 months old.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
This is so transparent it's embarassing. Biden will eat her alive in the VP debates. McCain has just thrown his experience argument in the trash.

I lived in Alaska for a number of years, and actually voted for her.

The above statement is not true. I have listened to Palin on a number of occasions. She will do JUST FINE against Biden

This is a GREAT pick!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Sure i bet you guys would never mention it if say obama had a poor brother?

[edit on 29-8-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yetichi
it is interesting that the only family photos that show up on a google search never include her mongoloid child. i wonder what is up with that? maybe they banished it to a live in a hut in africa?

Good lord. How about you use some decorum here?

Maybe they haven't had any recent family pics taken. The baby is only a few months old. My son is two and we don't have any formal pics taken yet. Sheesh. You're just aching for this to be a scandalous thing, aren't you?

And for the record, babies born to moms over 36 have a statistical increase in being born with Downs Syndrome (That's what it's called, you know. Not the ignorant term you used.)

link   
McCains Pick for VP is everything that the McCain Campaign bashes obama for.

Inexperienced

I, personally, dont have a problem with it - but i believe it shows a hint of hypocrisy and arrogance from the McCain Campaign.

Take a look at a few facts about Sarah Palin.

She is everything John McCain is.
The only difference is their age and their gender.

She stands firmly against Abortion
Supports Capital Punishment
Supports Creationism in schools
Opposes gay marriage

Palin's first veto was used to block legislation that would have barred the state from granting benefits to the partners of gay state employees.

Barack Obama chose a candidate who "fills the gaps" so to speak, in Joe Biden.

John McCain chose a candidate who is everything that he is, and in some cases, more so.

My personal opinion is that he chose a woman to appeal to female voters.

He's using her as a political pawn, a sort of "yes man" for his campaign.

I dont see this as a serious pick. I don't see it as a well-thought out pick.

I see it as pandering to the Hillary audience in an attempt to permanently sway their votes from Obama to McCain.

link   

Originally posted by JSR
reply to post by jamie83

oh no.....I disagree.

I think McCain's pick has just lost him the election. Obama will be the next president.

most red staters are old white guys. not everyone, but, most. I would say a majority of the vote. and they wont like a women who has no experience. that is, if they voted for the VP. but, it will be a strike aginst him.

McCain is playing too much to the politics here on his pick. nobody votes for the VP. he should have picked an already vetted person to the public. he now has to sell her. the other candidates where already known by the public.

oh well...........ive been liking Obama lately anyway........

Actually the pick is huge.

Picking a VP is also picking a future President.

Many Presidents and Presidential candidates were VP's at one point or another.

What the republicans did is give a woman a real chance at becoming a future president in case of an unfortunate event happening to McCain or at the end of McCain's term.

The republicans also took the advantage the dems could have had but passed over when they skipped out on Hillary. It is Obama's snubbing of Hillary that is the real killer.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

WHAT DOES SHE BRING TO THE TABLE IN REGARD TO ECONOMICS?

In terms of economics, she brings more to the table than Obama. What exactly does Obama bring to the table in terms of economics?

Obama was a community organizer. What experience does he have with economics?

From Palin's web site:

"Palin is chair of the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission, a multi-state government agency that promotes the conservation and efficient recovery of domestic oil and natural gas resources while protecting health, safety and the environment. She was recently named chair of the National Governors Association Natural Resources Committee, which is charged with pursuing legislation to ensure state needs are considered as federal policy is formulated in the areas of agriculture, energy, environmental protection and natural resource management. Prior to being named to this position, she served as co-chair of this committee."

So the #1 issue facing the country is $4 a gallon gas, and Palin has more experience and expertise in finding solutions to the energy problem than the other candidates combined.

So what exactly is Obama's economic experience again.... please remind me.

link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I dont know, Joe Biden is a tough cookie. He has 30+ years under his belt to fall back on.

She is inexperienced, but she sure is about to get a rude awakening. A crash course in dirty politics. Hope she doesnt buckle under the pressure.

link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05

What is wrong with everyone here?!

Did you see the baby there with the family? She said his name twice.

Reaching. You're really reaching here. Come on.

Edited to add: Hahaha, you edited the "mon*" child comment out of your post. Good call.

[edit on 8/29/08 by GirlNextDoor]

link   

Originally posted by Anjin
I am surprised (although I shouldn't be) that Dems on here are actually bringing up the lack of experience argument.

I think this is a great pick for McCain for the fact the she isn't a Washington insider. Shouldn't both parties rejoice about that since everyone constantly complains about the fact that the government needs people who actually live regular lives and can relate to the masses?

As far as the debates go, I will wait and see but hopefully Biden goes into it thinking it will be easy. Worked out well for the Patriots in the superbowl last year too, right?

Like the Patriot metaphor.
that could be very true. What ever we think, either way, it is going to be a upset in November.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Maybe you should ask a Democrat, Im not voting for Obama.

Just pointing out obvious issues that will likely arise.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I dont know, Joe Biden is a tough cookie. He has 30+ years under his belt to fall back on.

She is inexperienced, but she sure is about to get a rude awakening. A crash course in dirty politics. Hope she doesnt buckle under the pressure.

Joe Biden got nailed left and right by John Roberts.

I think she will do just fine against Biden especially with Biden's past quotes about Obama.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

reply to post by GirlNextDoor

Show me the law against is and i'll stop . Seriously .. Why do you care what our talking points are ? Cant face the heat keep your kids outta the race!!

Your talking point is to use an outdated and offensive term in reference to an infant?

Wow.

That's great. Good luck with that.

She did bring the baby! He was there.

And "breeding properly"?! Wow. Stunning choice of words there. Obviously you're just a troll, here to kick up the cr*p. How about adding something intelligent to the discussion.

link   

Originally posted by jamie83
What exactly does Obama bring to the table in terms of economics?

Biden.

Andrew, I agree, just like Bush, McCain is going to surround himself with "yes men" or women, as the case may be. She fits in perfectly. She's a female Cheney.

link   
this thread is going south, fast. lets clean it up a bit. any woman who chooses to raise a child, should be commended. Double that when, tragically the child has down syndrome.

doesn't take away from her love of her kid. And it shouldn't be used politically, for or against.

link   
Obama don't know squat about economics, he has governed nothing so the argument is weak that McCain needed to pick an economist.

A woman, a son in Iraq who joins on sept 11th and deploys on sept 11th (that's a goddamm gifthorse), a union member, a mother of five, no washington dirty baggage, conclusion he picked a winner. Nothing there to hurt him for sure. Now all them Clinton women have someone to vote for. The race was close with McCain even leading in some polls, now the scales have tipped decisively in his favor.

Obama is the fool that didn't pick Hillary, that is what sealed his fate as a loser, you will see. He wants to win it all alone as a black man and doesn't want the women vote to take any credit.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by SectionEight]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

Why so serious?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

McCain is oging to have a similar playbook to Bush, and I agree with the above post. He had to pick some one who he could CONTROL.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

Where was the little mon .. Was she ashamed to show him ?
If she cant breed properly how can she run a country ?

I've never seen someone wear a badge of ignorance more proudly than you, sir.

Your type of vile rhetoric disgusts me, and im a die-hard Obama supporter.

Want a law that requires Civility and Decorum?

This is law enough

Or how about Common Decency?

How about you are bashing someoen personally - based on political talking points?

You are using Rush Limbaugh tactics and you make yourself appear ignorant, completely lacking credibility and logic.

What does her "reproductive" capability have anything to do with anything?

So if a woman is sterile...she shouldnt be allowed to be president?

Do you realize how utterly stupid a statement like that is?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join