It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's pick is.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I will post this question for the third time in hopes that someone can answer.

WHAT DOES SHE BRING TO THE TABLE IN REGARD TO ECONOMICS?

Mccain has admitted that he knows bumpkis about the economy, and guess what the main issue in this election amongst potential voters is?

Thats right.....the economy.

I was unable to find anything showing much of a voting history or policy fir this lady pertaining to economics. Can anyone shed any light here?

If she is a noob to economics and Mccain doesnt know jack about economics, then what in the hell are they going to plan to do to fix this horrible economy?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by Unit541

I mean, she's got absolutely NO qualifications. The McCain camp says she's qualified because her son's a soldier? C'mon...

True, she wasn't a community organizer like Barry Obama, but she is the only candidate with executive branch experience.

This has to be one of the most brilliant strategic picks McCain could have made.

1. Any criticism of Palin's lack of experience is going to be reflected right back onto Obama, and

2. Any claim Obama makes about being the candidate who represents change, or being the candidate who is from outside Washington is going to look silly compared to McCain picking Palin.

With this pick, McCain picked up the female vote, the conservative vote, and the independent, "we're tired of politics as usual" vote.

And Obama used to own the word "change." Not anymore.

Whoa whoa whoa, he did not just pick up the female and ind. vote with her. What he did was convince the righter wing people of his candidacy. Many werent very happy with him. This pick appeases them.

Shes way too right wing to just ''pick up the independents"

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I like the pictures. It shows that politicians are regular people who communicate the same way as you or I. Either way, if she was smart enough to become the youngest women governor, then I say she is as qualified as Barrack Obama.

I also like your point as 'governors stand alone'. So true.

JSR

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

oh no.....I disagree.

I think McCain's pick has just lost him the election. Obama will be the next president.

most red staters are old white guys. not everyone, but, most. I would say a majority of the vote. and they wont like a women who has no experience. that is, if they voted for the VP. but, it will be a strike aginst him.

McCain is playing too much to the politics here on his pick. nobody votes for the VP. he should have picked an already vetted person to the public. he now has to sell her. the other candidates where already known by the public.

oh well...........ive been liking Obama lately anyway........

link   
For all you criticizing McCain's VP pick, you are all SEXIST

Yes I did it, For years all I have been hearing is "You must be racist" or "You must be sexist" as a counter argument for any democratic pick. I say its fair that it gets turned around on the people who have done it constantly for years.

I wonder if the republicans will counter any legitimate democrat argument with the sex card. The democrats deserve it soooooo much with what they have been doing.

link   
reply to post by nyk537

Exactly .. A sell out .. Btw the majority voted for Kerry .. Did you through a fit when he wasnt elected?

I am SOOO happy he went this route .. I was kinda worried he would go with Romney.. I was actually starting to like that guy .. He surely could have pulled some dem votes. + he had the religious vote hands down ..

Thanks Mc(oil)stain . We needed this!!!

[edit on 29-8-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Okay, I'll try to answer it. She doesn't have a record or anything on economics. I am listening to her speech right now trying to decipher any economics. She's got nothing on it.

You'll get answers later, trust me, Obama won't let it slide.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Nothing as far as I can tell, BlackOps. I think McCain (if he did make this decision) thought the other pluses outweighed the fact that neither has any economic experience. And I'm sure the Obama campaign will exploit this.

She is flawless in her public persona. She's confident, beautiful, well-spoken and she knows what to say. McCain seems VERY uncomfortable around her, though. He's going to have to get used to being around her. I suppose that will take some time.

Except... she just said Nu-Ku-Ler...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It's an interesting choice. I'm trying to mull it over. My initial impressions are good. She's the only one in the lot that has any executive branch experience. She ran as an independent against the sitting Republican governor, and threw the Republican party there into a tizzy when she wouldn't play ball and introduced the new ethics rules that stung them. She did a good job getting rid of some wasteful spending, had cross-party ties, etc. She reinforces McCain's "maverick" status -- and she definitely is a Washington "outsider." The lack of political experience is a negative, in my opinion, but one that each of the two main parties will have.
I don't think she'll get the "Hillary women" vote -- but I'm not sure that's the goal here. If it is it's a failure from the gate; the McCain camp is smart enough to know this. I can't imagine this is "just because she's a woman" as I've already heard. I suspect her appeal will be more to the independent voters like myself.
I'm not sure it gets my vote, but I'm impressed as well as surprised. Still leaning toward Barr though...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's interesting that as such a strong conservative she supports McCain and is lauding him right now in his speech. I keep thinking, "Yeah, but what about... And then he... And that bill...And he said..."

Hmmmm.

I find the "hockey mom" thing pretty annoying. If she wasn't also an elected official, I'd be like: *inserts finger in mouth to gag* as I am with the soccer moms in my area. I really hope they don't play up the hockey mom thing too much. Ugh.

link   
lol allseeing added me as a foe cause i started this thread. how lame. goes to ignore mode...

meanwhile.. she just used hillarys glass ceiling line.. knew it.

link   
WOW! just found out what she's playing at, recent quote:

"Hilliary put 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling. The women of American are not finished yet. We can shatter that glass!"

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Could we very well see the very first presidential cat fight between the VP candidate and Cindy Mccain?

Poor John Mccain....it is just my opinion but I really feel like he buried the GOP with this pick.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
WOW! just found out what she's playing at, recent quote:

"Hilliary put 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling. The women of American are not finished yet. We can shatter that glass!"

That sums up her purpose in this election well....they are obviously desperate to attract the female vote.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Could we very well see the very first presidential cat fight between the VP candidate and Cindy Mccain?

I was watching for their interaction when she took the stage and neither of them looked too "approving" of the other. Very "assessing". Maybe as they get to know each other?

R-ooowwww! Phtt-phtt!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I personally like the choice. And, I liked her speech. It was an actual "acceptance" speech.....not a bash fest like Biden's.

We got to see her. See her family. See how the crowd reacted to her. This was an introduction and she handled it well. I don't think this was the time for her to lay out policies and go on attack mode.

It was a good introduction and a good acceptance speech.

Now that we have seen her, been introduced to her, let's see what she can do, what she stands for, and where she wants to take her and McCain's ticket.

It should be interesting from here on out.....

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

Come on man lets show some class here. We are better than that

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

That is exactly what the analysts are saying. Leaving the DNC, only 37% of women were for McCain, they are looking at boosting that number.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am surprised (although I shouldn't be) that Dems on here are actually bringing up the lack of experience argument.

I think this is a great pick for McCain for the fact the she isn't a Washington insider. Shouldn't both parties rejoice about that since everyone constantly complains about the fact that the government needs people who actually live regular lives and can relate to the masses?

As far as the debates go, I will wait and see but hopefully Biden goes into it thinking it will be easy. Worked out well for the Patriots in the superbowl last year too, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join