It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's pick is.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

I think it's more than that. He seems to be trying to cover all the bases (OK, well, except the race base.) But he's got pro-choice/pro-life, conservative/moderate, man/woman, young/old. This was definitely a good move on his part.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm scratching my head over this one.

The best choice was Mitt Romney.

If McCain wanted to go with a younger Governor...he should have went with Bobby Jindal from Louisiana.

I could picture Jindal being a future President more than I could Palin.

I don't see Palin being the future of the Republican party.

I am not excited about this pick.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
From what I can tell from my brief investigation, she really has no experience in regard to the economy...the ONE thing that Mccain needed help on the most.

I understand trying to draw the female vote away from Obama (which isnt likely) but I really dont see this lady bringing much to the table other than her gender and the fact that she is a conservative.

She will look extremely inexperienced and unqualified standing on the same stage with Biden.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

She is too right winged for Hilliary supporters, but what he might be counting on is disgruntled supporters who aren't too keen on the conservative/liberal table. Many older women are just concerned with electing a women. What ever McCain is intending, he flipped the table.

link   
I've also got a nagging suspicion that she's just a little too far-fetched as a candidate for VP. Something is a little fishy. I wonder what kind of personal connections we can dig up in her past involving the likes of diebold, bilderberg, CFR, etc...

I mean, she's got absolutely NO qualifications. The McCain camp says she's qualified because her son's a soldier? C'mon...

link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I'm scratching my head over this one.

The best choice was Mitt Romney.

If McCain wanted to go with a younger Governor...he should have went with Bobby Jindal from Louisiana.

I could picture Jindal being a future President more than I could Palin.

I don't see Palin being the future of the Republican party.

I am not excited about this pick.

I second that one....Romney would have been the answer mccain was needing on economic policy. Plus he is a masterful campaigner and debater as well.

This woman looks like a washed up beauty queen who has been playing governor in a state that main land USA pays no attention to.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by truth_seeker3

Sad day for democrats. IMO we just lost the election.

No, the Dems lost the election when Obama picked Biden instead of Hillary. He had the chance to create an unbeatable ticket in terms of demographics. He screwed up his first major decision.

Obama/Clinton could not lose. Obama/Biden? Obama shifted from somebody representing hope and change to somebody tied into the the Washington beltway.

McCain's pick of Palin cemented McCain as the one most committed to changing how things are done in Washington, not Obama. If this were a football game, it would be like McCain just intercepted a pass at his own goal line and returned it for a touchdown. He stole Obama's entire "unique selling proposition".

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I thought he was going to choose Jindal, too. I was surprised by this choice, too. It's exciting, though. Maybe it's cuz I'm a girl.

Wow, is this speech geared toward heartland America and Soccer Moms or what?!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Her pro-life stance will effectively eliminate any potential cross over Hillary voters.

She is way too conservative to bring much of a cross section to the Republican side.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I second that one....Romney would have been the answer mccain was needing on economic policy. Plus he is a masterful campaigner and debater as well.

Romney would have killed his chances of being elected. I mean, as it is McCain lost the bid for the 2000 nomination. And then to choose someone who lost the primaries this time as his running mate? Would have been really bad.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

He is swimming in deep waters. She is a self-described 'hockey mom'. I'm not quite sure what he is doing. Personally, in my situation, I approve, but some don't. Such as:

When I meet with my father this morning over coffee, I told him McCain picked Pailn. He is a political follower (DEM), his response was, "Who the **** is she!?"

link   
They played the music from Rudy... As a dem, I can never watch that movie again... so sad...

link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Her pro-life stance will effectively eliminate any potential cross over Hillary voters.

She is way too conservative to bring much of a cross section to the Republican side.

But she's conservative enough to get back the interest of the Republicans who are still wondering how they ended up with McCain as their nominee.

link   

Originally posted by Mainer
Real thin attempt to win over the Woman vote. Weak.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Weak? Thin? Ha! You think Obama could pull off a moment like this? You're only kidding yourself if you think this doesn't make a difference.

She's young, intelligent, and fresher than Obama. She'll come across as an intelligent woman who's finally breaking through the glass ceiling. There goes the Ophra crowd.

On the other side of the coin, she's very intelligent and a skilled politician. It's much easier to put a governor in the White House than a senator. Just ask Kerry and Al Gore about that point. A governor is seen as a single solitary leader who can stand alone. A senator is one of 100 who rule together. As governor of a state she already has more street cred than Obama has.

I was hoping for Romney, but this will work. This will work just fine.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
People keep trying to beat prophecy. "She will sit in the house and rule. Fairness peace and equality." Dumping Gore because his name meant death didn't help a bit because the rest came regardless. The attempts to alter time only change the future to match the prophecy. It has those alterations already taken into account.

link   

Originally posted by jamie83
No, the Dems lost the election when Obama picked Biden instead of Hillary. He had the chance to create an unbeatable ticket in terms of demographics. He screwed up his first major decision.

Yes, however, McCain just handed it back to him with the most Alzheimer's-tainted decision ever. Actually, a life long crack addiction would be a better excuse for his pick. Biden is going to take her lunch money, and stuff her into a locker. McCain brought a knife to a gunfight, chihuahua vs. pitbull, one could go on and on.

link   

Originally posted by Unit541

I mean, she's got absolutely NO qualifications. The McCain camp says she's qualified because her son's a soldier? C'mon...

True, she wasn't a community organizer like Barry Obama, but she is the only candidate with executive branch experience.

This has to be one of the most brilliant strategic picks McCain could have made.

1. Any criticism of Palin's lack of experience is going to be reflected right back onto Obama, and

2. Any claim Obama makes about being the candidate who represents change, or being the candidate who is from outside Washington is going to look silly compared to McCain picking Palin.

With this pick, McCain picked up the female vote, the conservative vote, and the independent, "we're tired of politics as usual" vote.

And Obama used to own the word "change." Not anymore.

link   
reply to post by dbates

Couldn't agree more.

Be easy on the one-liner!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Man you guys are missing the point here .. Who wants to drill where ... Is it mccain .. in Alaska?

Seems like he is just buying his oil buddies some advertising space..
Hey wanna run as VP? Well you only gotta sell out you state to these kind oil giants here and Poof. Your my VP ..

He would have been better off with Alberto Gonzales .. Same principals . And he may he swung the Mexican vote ..

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

He's not selling out anything.

Palin has been screaming for people to come and drill the state the entire time shes been in office!

And by the way....

So has the MAJORITY of the American People!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join