It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's pick is.....

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by euclid

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by euclid

Because shes hot, this seals the deal? this is why other countries see us invade another country for 'democracy' and laugh.....

Because hotness swings our votes.

P.S Id say the same to people who voted for JFK or Bill Clinton because of looks.

this isnt a beauty queen pageant or prom king contest. Its about issues that affect us and our children.

yeah.... the issues....
Like libs know what the issues are.....

The only issue there is: is who will protect the 2nd amendment? She will and so will Insane. And if you had read my post, (instead of looking only at the pics... I do realize of course that libs tend to only look at pics because they can't read very well) you would have seen that I was voting for Insane anyways.... this just makes my vote for him less painful to me. And she's smart, she hunts, knows how to use weapons, stands up to dummies. She's the Gov. of Alaska. Being decent looking is icing on the cake.

-Euclid

you did not include her 2nd ammendment views, hunting, smartness, and her backbone.

you wrote about her posture and looks, thats all. and that's waht made your vote for mccain feel better.

I didnt miss a thing. I read it all....

Lol, libs dont know how to read.. .again sir, im getting my ph d...

Clinton? Oxford grad. Obama? Harvard law grad... yep we are just a bunch of illiterate dummies...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
yea, I agree with you bk, the presedential race has become a full out implosion. The bread basket is officially the melting pot of mold and cyanide. Usually voting democrat I choose to go with Mccain this time because he has an energy plan, will follow through with Iraq, has some inegrity instead of being another manchurian candidate.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by highnina

I respect that completely high... See what a rational conversation can accomplish. Two people who disagree but can understand the others viewpoint. No name calling, or bashing with generalizations that usually arent true.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Im a pro choice dem on abortions before 8 weeks, if you really need to know. Far cry from a woman in labor going on a plane.

You're right. It is a far cry.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
If McCain should win and then expire, we get a soccer mom who represented a small burg on the platform of lower property taxes and gun rights. OMG. McCain has lost it! Is he purposely trying to insult us? WTF? This is the USA...we are a super power...he has to be nuts...are you kidding me?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
If McCain should win and then expire, we get a soccer mom who represented a small burg on the platform of lower property taxes and gun rights

Well, no one can say she's a Washington insider.

Isn't that what Obama keeps saying about himself?

Actually, lower taxes and gun rights sounds like the platform of a person who truly understands the foundations of liberty.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I was prepared to make a really nice glowing response here. It's obvious to me that you have not done your homework. It's not my responsability to do it for you and so I am not going to post what I was gonna...vote for him then. Who knows maybe the two of them will win? Then we will see just how things turn out eh? "fear, smear, doom and gloom; more of the same" or "change, hope, modernity, equality, renewed and revamped foreign policy, and a bright future"? Those are the choices.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
McCain just lost th election, is he senile or something? This woman is under investigation for abuse of power and ethics violation by the State of Alaska; and there is a video on YouTube where she asks "what exactly does a vice president do?" She is going to be demolished during the national debates. She'll go in history as the most under-qualified and under-achieved VP candidate ever? What does she know about Russian missiles, health care, economic issues, entitlement benefits, the Georgia-Russia conflict and nuclear proliferation? Probably *zit*; and she's just a heart beat away from the Presidency of the most powerful nation on earth? Republicans have lost their mind and anyone who votes for the McCain/Palin ticket either has no functioning brain or wants to see our nation obliterated at the national and international arenas. Luckily, there are intelligent voters out there and will elect Obama/Biden.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Well, I do like the guy's signature....

And his far cry response, I still cant tell if he was being genuine or still mocking me.... Hoping genuine

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Actually, lower taxes and gun rights sounds like the platform of a person who truly understands the foundations of liberty.

Oh good, I was worried that he might not understand, but I'm glad you helped me see that he does. Because Obama talked about these values in his speech as well. Lower taxes and our 2nd amendment right to bare arms.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Anti Obama people putt their ear muffs on when Obama reiterates lower taxes and 2nd ammendment rights. Cause it goes against what Rush Limbaugh says Obama stands for

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I know a lot of dumb people with Ph. D.'s.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by euclid

If they got their Ph D, they arent dumb. Maybe not street logical, but not dumb sir, sorry. The amount of work and dedication it takes to receive a Ph D is almost unreal.

Not sure what your post was in response to, but this is mine to yours.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This guy is a local "legend" in Anchorage -- Mr. Whitekeys. He ran a dinner-theater here that did satire on the state government -- and occasionally now does bits on the local NBC affiliate KTUU... Here is his bit about Palin's pregnancy...

Here's the local CBS affiliate's news story -- complete with locals reactions to her announcing her pregnancy...LOL, I love the guy at the end!

[edit on 30-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
One more video...

This is one is about AGIA (Alaska Gas-line Inducement Act) -- the largest construction project ever in North America.

Here is the local news coverage of it...

[edit on 30-8-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Here's a decent video of Palin doing a speech to the Alaska Independent Party before their convention...This might be an insight into her public speaking ability, and her personality...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Past actions speak louder than current words. That is what I meant by "there are a lot of dumb people with Ph.D.'s"; and why most libs are not too bright. The past actions of a politician are their true nature and political policy. It doesn't matter that Obsama says he supports the 2nd amendment now... his record in Congress shows that he does not support it and works towards its deconstruction. Therefore he is saying what is necessary now to garner votes from the less informed gun owners and others on the fence.

Thank the gods that most gun owners are usually more informed than the general population; even those that are working towards a Ph.D.

-Euclid

[edit on 30-8-2008 by euclid]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I want to get this out of the way right NOW.

I am an Alaskan first and foremost, then an American. My immediate loyalty is to my fellow Alaskans, be them Republican or Democrat. I personally hate both parties and will be voting for Ron Paul.

I am not a "Palin-bot" (a word we use up here for supports of her).

I disagree with her stance on abortion, and a few other things. She, however is one of us -- a different breed of Americans.

I find it humorous, and insulting that people with absolutely NO experience in Alaskan politics are making half-truth statements and lies about someone they have never met, never seen in action, or had to live with as their leader.

Yes, the internet is a great place to get small pieces of half-truths -- and I am learning this first hand right now.

None of you have what the military would call the, "facts on the ground".

All you have is what has been given to you via biased 3rd party, out-of-Alaska sources who wish nothing better than to tear this woman down/appart before she even has a chance to show/prove herself.

I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised how resilient and strong this woman is.

Alaskan politics are not as backwater as you might think. Daily, we Alaskan's deal with issues that most of you take for granted -- like OIL and ENERGY.

There was a time not so long ago when 20% of domestic oil production was right here, in the 49th state. Big Oil, lobbyists from Washington -- all try their hardest to corrupt and take control of our state.

This woman had the brass ovaries to stand up and declare that these resources were ours -- the citizens of Alaska, and we have the right to either demand they leave, or fulfill their lease agreements.

Take it from someone who's live their entire life here, she's not as "swiss-cheese full of holes" as many outside folks with half-truths and lies would want you to believe.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by euclid

Past actions speak louder than current words. That is what I meant by "there are a lot of dumb people with Ph.D.'s"; and why most libs are not too bright. The past actions of a politician are their true nature and political policy. It doesn't matter that Obsama says he supports the 2nd amendment now... his record in Congress shows that he does not support it and works towards its deconstruction. Therefore he is saying what is necessary now to garner votes from the less informed gun owners and others on the fence.

Thank the gods that most gun owners are usually more informed than the general population; even those that are working towards a Ph.D.

-Euclid

I dont appreciate the insinuation there to me. PS I own two guns and a rifle. So... direct your views towards other liberals, not this one.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Lets get back on topic guys...

I hate to interrupt your male posturing, but this isn't about how stupid PHD's are/or are not -- or about guns...

Just trying to dip my oar over the side and steer this back to the topic at hand... no offense intended!

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join