It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's pick is.....

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by bknapple32
you dont have to give birth to know that any dr will tell an expectant mother not to fly after the third trimester. Safety of a child has NOTHING to do with politics. Id say the same thing to Hillary Clinton if she did the same.

Help me out here.

You're worried about the safety of an unborn child on an airplane and you are a "pro-choice" Democrat?

I'm sure I must be mistaken.

Whats the question? Im a pro choice dem on abortions before 8 weeks, if you really need to know. Far cry from a woman in labor going on a plane.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well, she does have an 80% approval rating up here in Alaska...

She still shops at grocery stores with her kids, talks to regular people at the gas stations she goes to...doesn't get driven around.

I like a real, approachable person who didn't retire a millionaire and get into politics, or a career politician.

Lest we all not forget, she is the ONLY person on either ticket to actually have executive experience. Neither Biden, Obama, or McCain have had an executive position.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

While I am only getting my ph d for archeology , I'm still going to have Dr. next to my name... can you say the same?

Yes, silly liberal. I am a Ph. D. candidate at one of our nations fine institutions of higher learning. I have also done radiocarbon dating for archaeologists, so I am likely more knowledgeable about certain aspects of your field than you are, silly liberal.

And I am not a liberal in the sense that many modern Americans are (although I am definitely a classic liberal).

And I am a father to many children, and have participated in all their births, even *gasp* after the mystical water break. And my wife has had high risk pregnancies. Can you say the same?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScienceDada

While I am only getting my ph d for archeology , I'm still going to have Dr. next to my name... can you say the same?

Yes, silly liberal. I am a Ph. D. candidate at one of our nations fine institutions of higher learning. I have also done radiocarbon dating for archaeologists, so I am likely more knowledgeable about certain aspects of your field than you are, silly liberal.

And I am not a liberal in the sense that many modern Americans are (although I am definitely a classic liberal).

And I am a father to many children, and have participated in all their births, even *gasp* after the mystical water break. And my wife has had high risk pregnancies. Can you say the same?

A Ph. D candidate in what field? Where? What is your dissertation about? GRE score?

Radiocarbon dating for archaeologists is called a geo-physicist. So, no you do not know more than I do about being an archaeologist.

And yes I can say the same.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Lest we all not forget, she is the ONLY person on either ticket to actually have executive experience. Neither Biden, Obama, or McCain have had an executive position.

Dang I thought I was the only person to realize this fact.

What is really funny though is that even if Palin was not a governor of Alaska and only a mayor of that 9000 population town, she still would have more executive experience than the other guys.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Probably why senators dont win presidential elections very often, I suppose

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ScienceDada

Cant wait for this post to be censored by the mods. You showed your level of class. I dont need to say another word.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Just wanted to throw this into the discussion:

Palin's hubby and son not republicans

Democrats may be blasting Sarah Palin as a doctrinaire conservative, and Republicans may be embracing her for the same reason, but her husband and oldest son are independents.

Independents:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Somehow this Palin nomination seem surreal, almost a manufactured showboat image.
If she makes it to the elections I'll be surprised. My bet is that she will go back to AK, her governorship and cite family obligations for a reason. Then we will see the real VP that was chosen for McCain. Perhaps even a bigger surprise than Palin.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

whaaa.. could be... though i doubt it. I think any change would be looked at as weakness, neither side wants to do that

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Somehow this Biden nomination seem surreal, almost a manufactured showboat image.
If he makes it to the elections I'll be surprised. My bet is that he will go back to Delaware, his senate seat and cite family obligations for a reason. Then we will see the real VP that was chosen for Obama. Perhaps even a bigger surprise than Biden.

Fixed

Yea that conspiracy can go both ways.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I just wanted to add to this once more now that some time has passed since she was first introduced and address a lot of speculation that has been said here.

It came as a bit of a shocker to everyone when the selection was announced, but now that the novelty has worn off and I have had a chance to actually see her speak, and more importantly listen to other people who know her speak about HER, I have a complete new found respect for her.

There are quite a few things that I appreciate about her. One being that she hails from a real blue collar, working class background. Her loyalty to her home town and her home state. She also comes across as a pretty tough gal and someone who gets things done.

She seems like a heck of a person and absolutely an improvement over what we currently have in office. The people who know her seem to speak of her genuinely and they paint her as real and down to Earth. Everyone who knows her personally seems to admire her greatly.

Granted she isnt experienced as a politician and she is certainly new to a lot of areas of government. But she comes across as a very capable leader and someone who will work her butt off to get the job done.

Politically it may not have been the safest choice for Mccain, and a couple of her policies I do not agree with. But all in all from the looks of it the GOP could have done a heck of a lot worse with their selection.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
She still shops at grocery stores with her kids, talks to regular people at the gas stations she goes to...doesn't get driven around.

I like a real, approachable person who didn't retire a millionaire and get into politics, or a career politician.

That's just living in Alaska though, if I found out she drove a truck with chains on her tires I wouldn't be surprised. (Don't live there now, but was raised in Alaska)

And you're telling me her 'executive experience' taking over a state tarnished by Murkowski, Stevens, and Knowles is some how greater than Biden's years in the Senate (currently the 6th longest serving Senator)? It's not hard to be a reformer when things were screwed up when you got there.

I'll agree with you on the premise of the approachable person though, but that just sounds more like an Alaskan to me. Can't really get caught up in the 'big city life'.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Parabol]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
My vote is going to the MILF. She is hot. Who wouldn't want a milf representing the country. She is the perfect vice president pick. I know others agree with me.

She is hot for 46; and knows how to hold a weapon too:

Good posture:

Insane McCain always had my vote... but now I won't feel so bad about it. She's much better looking than Billary.

-Euclid

[edit on 30-8-2008 by euclid]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by euclid

Because shes hot, this seals the deal? this is why other countries see us invade another country for 'democracy' and laugh.....

Because hotness swings our votes.

P.S Id say the same to people who voted for JFK or Bill Clinton because of looks.

this isnt a beauty queen pageant or prom king contest. Its about issues that affect us and our children.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm not to fond of Ms. Palin's ideology but I would never think of calling her a MILF. To me that seem rude and disrespectful to her as a woman and the office she has been chosen to run for.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I'm not to fond of Ms. Palin's ideology but I would never think of calling her a MILF. To me that seem rude and disrespectful to her as a woman and the office she has been chosen to run for.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by whaaa]

its too bad others dont share our opinion... but thats what this country is all about.. the goods and the bads... still wont make me move to canada, thats for sure.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by dreams n chains
She sounds waaay to conservative.... anti-abortion, anti-gay rights

Hot topic liberal agendas for sure. At any rate you might be interested to know that she actually makes thoughtful decisions in these matters. She examines the law and rules accordingly.

Palin's first veto was used to block legislation that would have barred the state from granting benefits to the partners of gay state employees. In effect, her veto granted State of Alaska benefits to same-sex couples.

mensnewsdaily.com...

She opposes same-sex marriage, but she has stated that she has gay friends and is receptive to gay and lesbian concerns about discrimination. While the previous administration did not implement same-sex benefits, Palin complied with an Alaskan state Supreme Court order and signed them into law. She disagreed with the Supreme Court ruling and supported a democratic advisory vote from the public on whether there should be a constitutional amendment on the matter. Alaska was one of the first U.S. states to pass a constitutional ban on gay marriage, in 1998, along with Hawaii. Palin has stated that she supported the 1998 constitutional amendment.

mensnewsdaily.com...

I don't understand then why she opposes same sex marriages? Apparently it is the interpretations of the Bible that has her seemingly messed up with what her heart, eyes and ears tell her? But, dbates, you are right... she seems to make "very thoughtful decisions... examines the laws and rules accordingly". Thank you.

I'm very intrigued by what I've read in many of these posts and what I'm hearing about her. Seems like a fascinating woman.

Obama messed up so badly by ignoring Clinton.

And McCain really did not appear to like her... he actually looked sick in my opinion and his smile was so forced. I agree with what others have stated here... he did not choose her, the party chose her.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

reply to post by euclid

Because shes hot, this seals the deal? this is why other countries see us invade another country for 'democracy' and laugh.....

Because hotness swings our votes.

P.S Id say the same to people who voted for JFK or Bill Clinton because of looks.

this isnt a beauty queen pageant or prom king contest. Its about issues that affect us and our children.

yeah.... the issues....
Like libs know what the issues are.....

The only issue there is: is who will protect the 2nd amendment? She will and so will Insane. And if you had read my post, (instead of looking only at the pics... I do realize of course that libs tend to only look at pics because they can't read very well) you would have seen that I was voting for Insane anyways.... this just makes my vote for him less painful to me. And she's smart, she hunts, knows how to use weapons, stands up to dummies. She's the Gov. of Alaska. Being decent looking is icing on the cake.

-Euclid

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join