It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's pick is.....

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
A couple of facts on Palin

1. She hired a canadian company to build the touted Alaskan gas pipeline instead of US based company.

2. She objected to the decision to list Polar Bears as endangered species.

3. The budget work that she has done has actually resulted in a record high Alaskan budget. She simply cut out some bridge projects, some of which are badly needed, just to make a point against the bridge from no-where. Alaska needs transportation infrastructure in a bad way. Especially if you are eventually going to expand drilling. Also notable is that the State of Alaska depends almost soley on oil & gas royalties for their funding, enough so that every alaskan citizen recieved $1600 last year. The money you are putting in the pump is giving Alaska a free ride. Think you could balance that budget? Duh

4. Accused and currently being investigated for firing the Public Safety Commisisoner supposedly for not firing her ex- brother in law. Replaced him with a known sexual assaulter.

5. Fired the entire Alaska Creamery board because they reccomended closing a dairy that couldn't make a profit as Alaska already gets cheaper milk from Washington. Appointed a female friend. After pissing away money and some peoples livelyhoods, the dairy had to close anyways.

6. She sold the state plane on EBAY in 2 days for 2.1 million, much below market value, just to make a point it seems. In this respect she is perfect for John McCain.

Bottom line this Lady is where she is because she is loud and a MILF. Sure the people of Alaksa love her, but you also must remember that they also love Ted Stevens. She is nothing but an anti Pelosi. Just like old Nancy, she ain't ready for the big time.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Do we even know her stance on the iraq war?

Surprised no one has brought that up. I understand Mcain is the foreign policy of the ticket, but we need to know where she stands

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

The fact that McCain doesn't even know her (I thought they looked uncomfortable at the podium together) lets me know that HE didn't pick her. The party did. Of course, it should be no surprise that the party told McCain what to do and he did it.

This spectacle will die down and then we'll get on with the campaign. That's when we'll see who will make the better team.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shellyhk

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Gender feminists won't be swayed, but there are a lot of women who are somewhere between the lunatic left and the moderate right who will be very interested in this ticket.

Make no mistake, I agree with you there...it just saddens me that women will vote based soley on the fact that she's of the same gender....and because I'm female, people are quick to assume that I will do the same.

The problem is that there are A LOT of women who are not militant, and this candidate appeals to them. She also appeals to A LOT of men who can't stand McCain. She is the right woman. I almost like her as much as Ron Paul, and I was either not going to vote, or vote 3rd party because the Neocons are so repugnant.

She is as "squealy clean and fresh" as Obama, but not a liberal.

She is pro-life and she lives it. She has a son in the military and is being deployed to Iraq in a few weeks. She is hard working and reflects the values of a large portion of American families. She is beautiful, but still quite humble. And this just STINGS LIKE HELL for liberals who want to point at these issues.

This is awesome!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ScienceDada

doesnt matter. her stance on abortion will sway those states like pennsylvania to dems.

no abortion at all even with rape and incest??? thats a loser in this day and age

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by ScienceDada

doesnt matter. her stance on abortion will sway those states like pennsylvania to dems.

no abortion at all even with rape and incest??? thats a loser in this day and age

Bark all you want. The abortion issue put the Republicans over the top in the past 2 elections because they addressed a big concern with their base, even if liberals like you don't want to admit it. The 2000 election was a tie, but Bush definately would have lost hed he not taken a pro-life stand, at least rhetorically.

I have been saying since last year that if the Republicans nominated McCain, he would lose, because he sucks. When Obama was nominated it looked like he had the race in the bag. Not because Obama is great, but McCain sucks so badly.

Now that Biden was chosen, that ticket is SCARY. Now Palin was chosen... BRILLIANT! Time will tell, and the Dem's bark is worse than their bite, and all the pissing and moaning on forums like this will not sway those people. The American public will speak in a couple of months, and this race is definitely not over.

I am really savoring this moment! Woot!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by Stormdancer777

on another note... msnbc reports palin smoked marijuana and didnt like it

I knew that, it is legal there, BTW

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think this selection just won Obama the election. There are plenty of skeletons in this woman's closet. Like the following:

Pay attention to what she says around the 2:54 mark in this one:

[edit on 29-8-2008 by regulate]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Nothing as far as I can tell, BlackOps. I think McCain (if he did make this decision) thought the other pluses outweighed the fact that neither has any economic experience. And I'm sure the Obama campaign will exploit this.

She is flawless in her public persona. She's confident, beautiful, well-spoken and she knows what to say. McCain seems VERY uncomfortable around her, though. He's going to have to get used to being around her. I suppose that will take some time.

Except... she just said Nu-Ku-Ler...
I about fell out of my seat when she said that.
Either way I'm excited about this VP pick by McCain...though I don't know what to expect from her because I thought McCain would pick Romney.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

No offense, but Alaska is not a backwoods state as uninformed people believe.

She went for the smartest deal on the pipeline and in doing so stood toe to toe with big oil money and power and won. I thought most on ATS were opposed to big oils control over politics and politicians. Finally someone comes along not controlled by them and because of Partisanship you misrepresent what actually happened?

She went head first after corrupt politicians in Alaska and that part is factual. Why has not Obama gone after the bad apples in the Democratic Party? He is for change right.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not even anti-Obama. I'm just growing weary of the hypocrisy shown by Obama supporters and the Partisanship that is destroying our country. It seems nobody is capable of judging people as individuals and can't avoid spinning facts based on their partisan bias anymore.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by regulate
I think this selection just won Obama the election. There are plenty of skeletons in this woman's closet. Like the following:

Wow... is that the best you can do? The investigation found that

* Wooten used a Taser on his stepson
* Wooten shot a moose without a permit, which is illegal. At the time he was married to McCann, who has a permit but never intended to shoot it herself.
* Wooten drank beer in his patrol car on one occasion.
* Wooten told others that his father-in-law — Palin’s father, Chuck Heath — would “eat a f’ing lead bullet” if he helped his daughter get an attorney for the divorce.

They guy sounds like a scumbag. Palin meanwhile has cooperated with investigators openly. Hmm... who to believe... hmm...

Sounds like a really bad closeted skeleton. Bark bark bark. This pick just really
liberals, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thats just one of many....

there's also that time she called Hillary a whiner:

...welp, there goes any possible support from the clinton backers...

[edit on 29-8-2008 by regulate]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by regulate

Our newspaper is 100% Democrat and owned by an out of state company. You won't find the truth there. Same with the local TV for the most part. I suggest you go to our local talk radio if you want to hear both sides so you can get the real story. We have both left and right wing local radio pundits and nuts.

I think part of the problem is going to be that people think Alaska is like the lower 48 in politics. The big D or the big R means little here. In most states Palin would have to run as an Independent if that helps bring her into focus. That fact is going to be maddening for the hard core left and right.

I know the two Troopers being discussed. Here I go taking a huge chance - they suck. They are violent, bad good ole boys and Kudos to her for cleaning that up even if she had to bend a rule or two. The fact one of them married her sister means nothing. He was bad before that is still bad.

**********NOTICE - All of this is my humble, Constitutionally protected opinion from living here and knowing these people. I do not endorse or oppose Palin. I just like the truth.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Blaine91555]

link   
reply to post by nyk537

Palin is pro-life, pro-contraception, and a prominent member of Feminists for Life.[37][38][39][40] Sound like a Conservative?

link   

Originally posted by BanzaiBoy
I about fell out of my seat when she said that.
Either way I'm excited about this VP pick by McCain...though I don't know what to expect from her because I thought McCain would pick Romney.

I think it was a fair question. Not "what is the job description" of the VP, but what can she accomplish in the role. She doesn't want to sit idle or be a centerpiece. Hell, most Americans don't even know what the VP does other than being president of the Senate.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by regulate
Thats just one of many....

there's also that time she called Hillary a whiner...welp, there goes any possible support from the clinton backers...

Hillary is a whiner. A lot of Hillary supporters just wanted to see a woman in office, and now they can.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

No offense, but Alaska is not a backwoods state as uninformed people believe.

She went for the smartest deal on the pipeline and in doing so stood toe to toe with big oil money and power and won. I thought most on ATS were opposed to big oils control over politics and politicians. Finally someone comes along not controlled by them and because of Partisanship you misrepresent what actually happened?

She went head first after corrupt politicians in Alaska and that part is factual. Why has not Obama gone after the bad apples in the Democratic Party? He is for change right.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not even anti-Obama. I'm just growing weary of the hypocrisy shown by Obama supporters and the Partisanship that is destroying our country. It seems nobody is capable of judging people as individuals and can't avoid spinning facts based on their partisan bias anymore.

this is what I am saying about going for Mccain...
That truth is Mccains economics are the same as BUSH. Exactly the same, the only difference is that Mccain wants to lower the current Mega co. tax rate from 35% to 25%. Give a 10% rebate for R&D...

There is NO tax break per Mccains plan for the sub multi millionaires

This is what is going wrong here... we give these companies subsidies, tax breaks and they in turn, take our jobs over seas. What do we get in return? Better yet what have we gotten in return?

I can't do crap to convince anyone, but these current problems are a direct result of this philosophy of putting the mega rich first.

I mean for christ sake Dick Chenny is a oil man as is Bush,,, am I supposed to believe that gas has magically increase 180% faster then ever before in history?

Why should we expect a different result all of a sudden with taxes?

As far as Mccains VP pick, this is fine and eventful, just as a black president.

But neither decision is going to change the fact that the back bone of this current economic policy IS NOT working...

If you don't pay it in taxes you'll pay it in inflation... We are hurting in the lower 48
our food and everything is way up, some stuff has nearly doubled in a year.

Congratulations both parties

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
If you don't pay it in taxes you'll pay it in inflation... We are hurting in the lower 48 our food and everything is way up, some stuff has nearly doubled in a year.

I would rather pay via inflation or taxation than the blood of children. And that is what Palin stands for, by action, not just lip service.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I don't care that she's female or young. I care that she hunts, loves guns and has been approved by the residents of Alaska (many of whom despise the fed as much as I do) to head their state.

Her voice is by far closer to mine than McCains ever was.

I agree! I would rather see this woman as the President and McCain as the vice president. However, I do think McCain made a really great choice nonetheless. She has done great things for Alaska and has a high ethical standard. The character assassins on the left will, no doubt, do their best to destroy her. I see one of them has posted here already with an idiotic mention of incest. Intelligent people will disregard such stupidity and judge her fairly. Excellent choice John
!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Y'know, after giving this some thought, the most disturbing thing to me is not the fact that McCain picked her, but rather why he picked her.

McCains criteria for VP? "who's gonna help me win?".

He's made his choice for VP based on who he things will give him a better chance of winning the election, instead of what's best for the country. He had a myriad of choices that are infinitely more experienced (and that don't come with scandal XP preinstalled) who are better qualified for the position.

Shame on you McCain, for you have proven you want to win more than you want us to win. You want to be on top, at our expense. You go to hell (and take Obama with you), I'll go to Canada.

Can we just throw these candidates out and have a do-over please?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join