It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain's pick is.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

McCain's pick is.....

news.yahoo.com

DENVER - John McCain kept his vice presidential pick a closely guarded secret mere hours before the high-stakes announcement Friday and speculation moved to darkhorse candidate Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as other, more prominent prospects dropped away.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Got this from drudgereport.com Usually 99%

Looks like the repubs went for the female.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Foxnews has confirmed it. Sara Palin is the VP pick

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

lol. I guess its no big deal to the board. lol

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It is being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

well this being the breaking news board, i posted it here as it broke.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Yes, certainly an interesting pick by John McCain.

I think this 2008 Presidential Election is going to be incredibly close, actually.

Buckle up; a lot rides on this one.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by chips

Shes younger... and a woman. the perfect pick for the repubs. If Obama loses it could be because of the biden over hillary pick

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Wait a minute. She's a first term Governor. What about the experience issue? Could this be a thinly veiled attempt to capture the disenfranchised female vote? Is this nothing but a cheap gender manipulation ploy?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am guessing his reasoning... He picked her to try and win over Hillary Supporters, and blue-collar working from lower-income families? That would be the reason I suppose.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

as a dem, I think its a very obvious ploy at the female vote. Shes 46, hes 72. She could help with independents and made dem females.

Huge roll of the dice

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The reason also being is that she is a very strong Conservative who stands up for a lot of what the base holds dear.

The fact that she is a young woman may have had something to do with the decision. However I think the main reason would have to be her Conservative views. She has stood up for a lot of the positions McCain has wavered on in the past.

A strong choice I think.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
McCain is so old he is likely to drop dead from the stress of the inauguration. Unlike Obama, his Veep has a serious chance of becoming President. How can we seriously be expected to elect this neophyte President in waiting?

Real thin attempt to win over the Woman vote. Weak.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

If they wanted the most qualified, they would of Gone with Romney. This is simply to slap the 'we're making history'' campaign of Obama.

link   
I think he made a good choice. This might make a vote for McCain be a good thing intead of the lesser of two evils. It will be easier to look at her than Hillary.

link   
It is. He took the younger voice that hasn't taken on the national stage yet. A lot of thought it would be Romney, but I think things were a little too heated between him and McCain during primary season.

I think this would be the hardest VP pick for the Obama camp to contend for. This will be a interesting fall for sure.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
she is said to have hid her latest pregnancy for 7 months drawing speculation that the baby is in fact her daughter Bristol's child. it would be a great scandal if it turns out that her daughter got pregnant from her son or husband and that resulted in it being born with down syndrome.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I don't care that she's female or young. I care that she hunts, loves guns and has been approved by the residents of Alaska (many of whom despise the fed as much as I do) to head their state.

Her voice is by far closer to mine than McCains ever was.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think she would at least tell McCain about any scandals before becoming the research specimen of 300 million people. McCain would be smart enough to know something like that before picking her.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

Sad day for democrats. IMO we just lost the election.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join