It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR8791 - Homeland Terrorism Preparedness Bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ok.... this was a "CLASSIFIED"... approximently 1:46secs... where the word "Classified"... was used "CLASSIFIED" times...

In my most humble opinion, this video is.. well, "CLASSIFIED"

Posted on YouTube on 16 July 2008 Classified Video

"pre·par·ed·ness (prĭ-pâr'ĭd-nĭs)n.

The state of being prepared, especially military readiness for combat."
Definition on Answers.com

And sorry for the Repost (I assume), but in light of current affairs of the United States....

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
what the calssified hell was that ?!?!?!

What got me the most was the last line:

"A new Bill Of Rights will be drafted and approved by classified"

I take that as, if this bill is passed, we will formally, by law, have no rights ..... period

EDIT TO ADD

During one minute forty-six seconds of talk, the word "classified" is used 18 times.
That does NOT include the 8 seconds where the speaker was silently skimming past what seemed as nothing BUT the word classified, until he caught a few words in a sentence that he could speak.

It seemed to get the the speaker so greatly that so much was classified, that at one point he says "Jesus".

[edit on 29/8/08 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
"It seemed to get the the speaker so greatly that so much was classified, that at one point he says "Jesus"." - Misfit.

I noticed the exact same thing, whatever this "Bill" is , the United States will get a WAKE UP call, whether they want one or not... This is actually the first time I have come across this vid', but I do recall a Bill that "TrueAmerican" was talking about sometime ago... this post... ...Potential for Coup d'etat by National Emergency... Which in itself is a scary scenario, not trying to fear monger.... but the pieces to the puzzle have been discussed on this site for long enough...

Back to some digging...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I noticed that the TV logo was not C-SPAN but the graphic symbol for our old friend The Onion

I can't wait for when technologies that made Emily gets into the hands of hoaxers and satirists.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Send this to BTS, don't need to be here..

Altho its scary... its not real... almost got me pissed there for a second.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
OK then, what is this video about, if it's the Onion? I mean, I see the lips of the speaker say "classified" and I hear the word "classified", yet I don't see any breaks in the video, nor breaks in apparent stream of speech.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Just look up Rep. John Haller on google. He does not exist and therefore not a Rep of PA 12th district which would be Rep. John Murtha (D) currently. It is also a highly gerrymandered district which you can see here

Also I think the highest H.R. Bill number is H.R. 6831. The video mentions the bill as H.R. 8791 So I think we can call this a hoax or more appropriately, humor.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Ahabstar]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Yeah, I'm seeing all that now. I feel jilted.

Let's ban The Onion, and the OP, and ThichHeaded because he almost got pissed too !!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I do apologize for all of the fuss... Could a Mod' please delete this thread.

I was ignorant, about the Onion, and thus - support deleting this thread.

Again I am sorry for posting this... Next time I'll dig up a bit more info... heck, since I don't know how to post vid's properly , I probably won't post another...

My baaaaad.....

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
You idiots. "The Onion" is just another front put on by the people that wish combat the truth movement.

i.e.- Illuminati tentacles.

You fail to analyze the onion's web page psychologically. The Onion follows the same "attention stealing" techniques that the beloved media uses for brainwashing. # the Onion. The claim that the Onion faked this video is weaker than tooth picks.

Do you think the organization that is employed to combat the Truth Movement can really fake a video like this? How hard is it to keep this Bill from being posted in the internet's Library of Thomas??? The ELECTRONIC source...

FOOLS! This is the same # that scared congress recently!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
edit

[edit on 8-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by StoneGarden

dude lol, it's from The Onion, it's satire, it's a joke! lol

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is a great demonstration of how people, however unwittingly, elevate nonsense to the level of great importance, and people jump on the bandwagon, without even bothering to check the basic facts. It's as if people want this stuff to be true to support their pre-existing beliefs about something, in this case the fragility of their existence and the treachery of their government.

This speaks massively of everyone who believed it without even checking the facts.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

It's a JOKE...It' from the ONION

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420
"...elevate nonsense to the level of great importance, and people jump on the bandwagon, without even bothering to check the basic facts."

Touché

Are people not allowed to admit "self-fault"? Sheesh.... lol

Starred!!!!! Just to make you feel better about yourself, because.... obviously, or not, you did not read my previous post - thus putting you in the same boat as those who jump on bandwagons... ie. (this current post of mine) to make oneself feel good about putting their two cents in....

Now.... let us let it go.... please.... lol

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The video is a comedic piece from The Onion.

You can find former threads about it here, and here.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
go to theonion.com and do a search on John Haller and you will find the video there and that it is a hoax. The CSPAN logo is really the onion on it..

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
This is a great demonstration of how people, however unwittingly, elevate nonsense to the level of great importance, and people jump on the bandwagon, without even bothering to check the basic facts. It's as if people want this stuff to be true to support their pre-existing beliefs about something, in this case the fragility of their existence and the treachery of their government.

This speaks massively of everyone who believed it without even checking the facts.

Don't you just love pomposity,still if it makes people happy what the f.....
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join