It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palm Reading, Psychics, etc: How ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Personally I think the word/term 'psychic' is one that is so overused and twisted that these days it just screams 0900-DIAL-A-PSYCHIC at $4.50 a minute...

Are there people who seem to posess a perspective beyond what is obvious, who can *pick* things and *point out* things that there really is no (obvious/known) way of them knowing with such specific clarity that 'coincedence' is a bit of a stretch? I certainly believe there are. I work with a few of them on a daily basis.

...I'm talking about people who can (and have) described objects and the specific location of those objects in rooms they have never been in, people in a persons past they have never met, tattoos on people they have never seen (as in DRAWING the persons tattoo exactly without having even MET the person in question)...

...the irony here is that the people I'm referring to in my work place work in the Mental Health system...

Though in my country our Mental Health system may have some differences to other more Euro-centric Clinically focussed 'Medical Model' systems...our country has various services that also have embedded within them what we call 'Cultural Therapists', who in my cultures terms are called 'Tohunga' (google it). Tohunga could also in some ways be seen in similar terms as other cultures 'Shamanic/Spiritual Healers' and so forth.

The role of the Tohunga is to provide the different perspective, to suggest alternative ways of looking at something and approaching a possible solution for someones issue.
Our services Tohunga and I actually just recently delivered a presentation at an International Conference on that very concept - the blending of the Cultural and the Clinical methods in regards to holistic healthcare...of providing different opinions and treatment options....and the effacacy of 'Spirituality' and usage thereof in healing (we also presented a number of testimonials from clients/clinicians in regards to the work the Tohunga does). Very well received - in fact we've been invited to present at a number of upcoming overseas Conferences in the coming year...should be interesting...

...bottomline is there will always be doubters, always believers, always people who seek specific clarification/evidence/logical verifiable confirmation...just as there will be those who experience and for them that is *proof* enough for them...

...there will always be the fakers and the false, the tricksters and the untrue...the thing is to *trust* your own gut-feelings on it all...to make up your own mind either way...

How do you know what to trust as *true*? Well - perhaps its more about whats *true* for you...in that regards the *truth* doesn't really hurt...the *truth* (personal truth) tends more to bring calmness...

Peace.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by alien]

<< 1   >>

join