It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

App State @ LSU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
So my Mountaineers are about to take on LSU tomorrow at 5 pm. Anyone think we have a legitimate shot at having yet another historical upset? We lost our safety Lynch, and our best WR Dexter Jackson to the draft, but other than that, almost our whole defense is returning, and we also have Armanti Edwards who is only a Junior and was argued to have ben a strong candidate for the heisman last year. Not only did he pass for a ton of yardage, but he also Rushed for over 1,500... with 300 in a game against Richmond last year I believe.

Now with LSU, they lost a good bit of players to the draft, and they have a "rookie" QB behind center. i think that factor alone helps us out. If we can keep them from scoring, especially having an inexperienced QB, then that will make it MUCH easier for us to have a shot at taking this game home.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Right on man!!!

I live here in NC and it was crazy last year when they beat Michigan in the Big House.

I will never forget, I was sitting in a showroom at a car dealership in Greensboro buying a truck that Saturday and forgot the game was coming on. All of a sudden one of the sales guys comes in and says "App is beating Michigan at half time!!" and everybody just couldnt believe it.

Long story short, me, five or six car salesmen and their sales manager were all gathered around a car in the parking lot listeing to the last quarter on the radio. When they blocked that kick at the end I thought I was going to have a stroke.

Amazing game....that school and the coaching is just great.

As for this year....yikes...Im kinda scared they bit off a little more than they can chew playing LSU first game out. But who knows, they werent supposed to win last year either.

Go App St.!!

new topics

join