It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutor: Ohio mother put baby girl in microwave

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
We have no place in the universe to take the balance of the universe into our hands.

As far as balance goes, there are plenty of evil doers out there that don't get caught. We are part of the universe. It IS our place to maintain OUR universe.

I can understand killing for survival, but what I will never understand and will never agree with is killing to teach a lesson.

I do not believe this woman can be taught a lesson, nor anyone else with severe mental disorders. She took an innocent life, and she did it in a horrific manner. She inflicted unimaginable pain on a precious soul. It's not about teaching a lesson. It is my opinion that the only consequence of her actions are death. The child isn't getting a second chance, so neither should she.

It has never before worked ever in history. Killing has only made problems go from bad to worse. In the days of kings, kings would kill those who opposed him guess what happened to the king, those who opposed him rose up and killed him. Then they killed those who were still loyal to king, then those loyal to old king rose up and killed new king. So on. For as long as we have been on this earth we have killed to show others to behave to follow the rules, NEVER IN OUR HISTORY has killing as a lesson worked NEVER.

This analogy is absurd. We are not discussing whether or not this woman opposes the King.

Why cant we just be above something we all look down on?

We cant be above something if we just sit idley by and let things happen.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I live in Columbus so this is on our news alot lately. I am not for the death penality however in this case she should get it. Everytime I watch the news and see this I get ill all over again. How could anyone do this ? At first I also thought *maybe* she had postpartum depression, yesterday I herd about the argument over paternity with the boyfriend being the cause and got incredibly angry. I can't imagine a jury not giving her the death penality. Jane

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by caballero

A quote from a character in the HBO series Generation Kill, "Those who can't kill will always be subject to those who can."

I know this is off topic, but have you seen the newest Rambo movie? Theres a part in the trailer where this extremely pacifist christian tells Rambo he is going to Burma, where the government is genociding its people, so that he can change things for the better. Rambo asks him if he is bringing guns and he says no. Rambo tells him, "your not changing anything."

***Spoiler Alert***
The christian goes to Burma and, long story short, is taken prisoner. Without getting graphic about what happens to him and his party, they are shown no mercy. When Rambo saves them and theres a final showdown with the bad guys, the christian grabs a rock and smashes a guys face in.
***End Spoiler***

My point is this Gandhi, society needs to protect itself against homicidal lunatics like this mom. If you dont stop her now, when do you? After she has another kid? I can understand not being for the death penalty. But this is the kind of crime where you need protective care in prison just to stay alive because its considered criminal amongst the criminals.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Thank you FRIGHTENER... that was very kind!
David

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
To everyone here calling for blood, you must have missed the part in the article where it talks about the testimony that someone else may have done it. Apparently, no one actually saw her do it.

Granted, it's almost mentioned as an aside and then contradicted at the end, but it is there.

This is why I don't trust any news, as it is geared to be sensational, and get you all riled up, like most of you are doing (understandably).

That being said, and speaking as a mother of 2 who has suffered from post partum depression, and depression in general, I can definitely understand how your actions can quickly become not your own in that state of mind.

As utterly disgusted as I am by the thought of someone doing this, I do not believe it is my place to judge her, as I wasn't there, I don't know the whole story, I haven't reviewed all the evidence and most importantly,I'm not appointed that position in a court of law.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
some people are just mentally/emotionally detatched. They would do things like this the way you & I would squash an annoying fly.

Its scary that some people are SO un-hinged.

They need stringing up & beaten to within an inch of their life, and then keep them on the edge of death for aslong as possible.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

They already convicted her and found her guilty but some prick of a lawyer came in and gave the mother free services (for publicity) and somehow managed to get a mistrial by claiming a kid admitted to the crime.

So then an 8yr old (which I guess means they where 6 or 7 when the crime happened) says they saw another little kid put the baby in the microwave..

The mother being as drunk and high as she was did not realize.

Hopefully the jurors have the sense to see through the high-priced-lawyer's BS and sentence that whore to death.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The testimony was from an eight year old boy whos parents state that he was nowhere near that area on the date the crime in question took place.

Why in the heck would he say it, if his parents were positive he was not anywhere near that location the date of the crime? Maybe the child was bribed by the culprit. Who knows.

The parents verified that the child was not there, and unless he was somehow involved how would he have even been witness to it? Even if he couldo see the window from across the street, how is he going to hear the microwave turn on? Perhaps the boy is being paid by the defense attorney.

Did you miss the part where she admitted to a cellmate what she did, in clear non coded language? some peopel dont realize that cellmates in jail are going to disclose alot fo what they hear to law enforcement in the hopes of earnign some kind of privalge or reduced sentence.

Pretty much never happens, but the cell mates always tell anyways.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoesThat being said, and speaking as a mother of 2 who has suffered from post partum depression, and depression in general, I can definitely understand how your actions can quickly become not your own in that state of mind.

I suffered severe post partum as well after the birth of my 2nd son. Not to mention the little guy cried day and night w/ not much of a break in between. Oh, throw in a 21 month old child in on top of that, and husband who worked about 14 hours a day and when he was off was understandably too exhausted to be of much help... never, not once, not even the teeniest tiny thought crept into my mind of disposing of my baby, let alone killing him in such a sick perverted way.

Sorry, excuse denied. I have the rope, let's find a tree. Guess it is the fact that I am a mother that I don't have any tolerance. I have gone through hell and back since having these babies and am now raising them on my own and still.... never...

If a mother can understand (even in the teeniest amount) how another mother could, for ANY REASON open a microwave door, stick her baby girl in there and turn it on, god help the children should she ever snap.

EDITED TO ADD: I would defend my sons by giving up my life if I had to. Being that I would give up my life, there isn't ANYTHING that while LIVING my life would ever convince me to sacrifice the well being of my children. Depression is NOT an excuse. I am just sick that it is used so often as an excuse for sorry arse mothers to put their well being and desires over their children.

Let me drive this point home. I have been diagnosed with depression and apparently this is something genetic. But I set out to prove to myself for the sake of my sons whose life I would defend through dying should a situation so call for it that I could mentally "get a grip" and rise above it.. success!

People only use "depression" as an excuse because they are told they can. PUre and simple... it is a fact. As a mother, there is no reason for neglecting your kids well being bc you can't get a grip. And certainly no reason for harming them, torturing them, and/or killing them.

again, EXCUSE DENIED! I judge her life here on this earth as unfit to continue and I judge it from the view point of a mother.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

It was the high priced lawyer whos offering free service to this bitch. The whole town was pissed off when it was declared a mistrial. The played the court proceedings on the news and it is obvious that the kid has been scripted on what to and not to say.

(I would prefer that along with her getting the death sentence we give it to her lawyer as well..)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Oh, I never had a single thought to harm my kids.

I was going to off myself. Had it all planned out, too.

Point is, sometimes in that state, you think and sometimes do things you wouldn't ordinarily.

Like I said before, I wasn't there, I don't know the whole story, only what I've been fed by the news outlets, which I do not trust.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
See this is where justice will never be met that psycho should be put in a microwave all crammed in to cook!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by chickenshoes

I understand and am not trying to insinuate that you have had any thoughts of harming your children.

And I hope that you have dealt w/ your thoughts of harming yourself. That would be damaging them more than yourself.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Well fortunately, I got caught.

I'm grateful for my life and my kids. I love them and would do anything, including die for them.

Not everyone is strong like you, apparently. Not everyone can pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

I can't sit in judgement of any other mother, or human for that matter. I haven't walked in their shoes.

Besides, what I hear on the news, to me, isn't sufficient proof that anything did or did not take place, (edit) and that she's actually guilty.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
While everyone else has either chosen death or prison for the woman my ideas are a bit different.

Crimes against children deserve punishment to an extreme. Not death which ends the physical, psychological, and emotional pain, not a prison sentence that will allow for relaxation and sleep.

My ideas on her punishment are far worse. Punishment that takes her close to death daily but just far enough away to keep her alive. Being given just enough food and drink to stave off death. Being subjected to a torture that will bring pain to every sense of her being. Pain that will cross every boundary she could ever have imagined in her worst nightmares and that cannot be touched by any horror movie. When it comes to punishment for those who have committed crimes against children I have a very dark mind, I will admit to that. Am I wrong in my thinking? I would say that yes would be a good answer to that question. Will two wrongs make a right? Nope, but it will not bring about a third wrong either. I am prepared to live with my thoughts and choices on the punishment of one who commits crimes against a child. I doubt any of them are prepared to live with what I would have in store for them if given the opportunity.

Raist

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I can barely comment I'm so sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The rage that is inside me is as unbearable as the sadness. I want her to suffer so much. Has anyone ever heard of the unforgivable sin. I believe that when a person kills a pure innocent, they are not forgiven EVER, no matter how much they beg, because in order to be capable of killing a pure innocent, you must be a demon from HELL!!!!!!
BURN IN HELL YOU PIECE OF....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:flame :

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The same thing happened here around 22 years ago. The mother got the death sentence but it was overturned by a circuit court judge who never believed in execution. He has overturned every death penalty case in front of him, and not for judicial reasons. I do believe she was paroled not to long ago. So much for justice and trial by jury.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
alrite ummm idk if i can live in thiz world anymore like really, i started tearing when i heard that, i cant believe somone wuld actually do that to a child. What would drive a person to do such thing, i really think she should get the death penalty.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What a #.

Hope this bitch feels the pain of her death.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TeeJay

If she was crazy enough to microwave an infant, what makes you think she will be sane enough to understand that she did anything wrong.

Thats the problem with killing it doesnt teach anything to anyone. It doesnt make the murderer feel sorry, it doesnt teach us that killing is wrong. All that it does is add to our problems.

As a society we want to morally correct we want to be moral outstanding people, yet the minute someone steps outside of the realm of accepted morals people call for blood and become so enraged and blood thirsty its disgusting. None of you commited the murder but from your comments you are no better than her.

It shouldnt be about getting vengence or teaching through blood. It should be about forgivness. If you can learn to forgive than you learn to heal all wounds, vengence does not heal like forgivness.

My speech about the king was an example, an example saying that RIVERS OF BLOOD WILL NEVER BRING PEACE. That was the point to my whole speech. Its true, we will never achieve peace if we cannot learn to forgive those that wronged us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join