It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two teenage boys hanged in Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator
It figures that you bleeding heart liberals would see this as "wrong"!

Bleeding Heart Liberals huh?
IF you had the death penalty for minors that would be the law of the land and so be it, but even you would want the punishment carried out in accordance with what the law stated.
If some prison warden decided not to wait for the appeal and just went ahead with the execution based on his own judgement, then some evidence showed up proving innocence, would I be a bleeding heart for saying it was wrong?

Originally posted by Freeborn

But, we DO have a right to an opinion and to voice that opinion.
Quite different to telling them what to do.

Amen!!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The fact of the matter is that we have 15 yr olds in America killing people and nothing gets done about them. I call them "Terrorists". They are called "Gang Bangers". Frankly, if we started treating them like the "Terrorists" that they truly are, and gave them the appropriate treatment like these 2 15 yr olds in Iran, we would not have so many crimes committed in America these days. However, you bleeding heart liberals would always try to be stepping in to stop it.

The good news is you can still move to Iran and raise your kids there. I am sure someone as forthright and righteous as yourself would have the courage of your convictions and do this immediately.

It doesn't really matter what you call them in order to make yourself feel better about the uncomfortable fact of their existence, you still live in a country of laws not men. Those laws still, more or less, apply the all men created equal axiom. It would seem that there is a huge sense of entitlement for some in America where they feel that 'they got theirs' so screw the rest. It is as understandable as it is unacceptable.

How is 'nothing being done' about them? I think you concede that there is something being done about the issue even if you feel it is inadequate. If you feel that it is inadequate and are so passionate about it, why not put some energy into researching the issue, figuring out how to properly solve it and go do it?

Just because the current state of society favors you to the point where you feel like you are succeeding, doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't crushing someone else.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join