It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter Ban at School

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The school is not private or Christian, just ordinary everyday public.

I would like to interview the teacher to see what her views are on this subject, I left not really clear on her stance. The principal was not even aware of the poster, the library will not carry these titles and there are currently over 5,000+ books on the ban list and it is growing everyday as anyone can challenge a content as being suitable for children under the age of 18.

The teacher did say that she knows you can not protect your children from life and its more sensitive issues like incest or abuse or even foul language, it is the parents role to instill an openness and unfortunately some are just repressive.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
The school is not private or Christian, just ordinary everyday public.

That's what I was lookign for

I have seen parents try to take private schools to court for student actions that, while are ok in mainstream, are not allowed at said private school. If ya (generalized) don't like what the private school does, then don't send you're kids there, ya know? Just makes wanna say "ugh", lol.

Being that I don't know you, I just wanted to clarify that part

The principal was not even aware of the poster

I surely would have thought that posters would have to be approved by the principle. Almost sounds like the principle is passing the buck, and.or giving you the run around in hopes that you'll quit.

the library will not carry these titles and there are currently over 5,000+ books on the ban list and it is growing everyday

Can you say Fahrenheit 451 ?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
is harry potter about stoners? i never met any stoners like harry potter.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Yes it would make sense in a private school but they seem to forget all to often that it is my taxes that pay their salary. It just feels like a censorship witch hunt, I should talk to not only the English Teacher but also the librarian about this matter.

Like I say I am already walking on eggshells around the staff at the school because they think I am a freak for not eating meat, that alone throws up red flags about me being a possible collusioner in nefarious and subversive activities

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Michael Page

No it is nothing of the sort, if anything a fantasy adventure that takes place in a school for witchcraft and wizardry in some parallel dimension to ours.

In the story the main character Harry Potter and his three best friends experience all that a normal human child does in school but with a fun and exciting twist as it is no holds barred with the special effects in a school where pictures and their ghost spirits can walk around and talk to you, stairs move from place to place so its easy to get lost or in their case find new and hidden areas within the walls of their school named Hogwarts.

An entire generation both young and old alike have watched as the the three grow up, make major decisions, move through puberty into the high school years, fight bullies and dark forces and generally give the main impression to the fans that no matter how tough life gets, no matter how many obstacles are thrown your way or how many baddies are out to get you, never give up, stay straight and clean and clear because in the end good always prevails over evil.

Yes there are fantasy spells cast and some over all dark moments for the kids, but what better way to get children to read and to grow than to see both fantasy and reality unfold in this wondrous tale of imagination and wit, where as I said good always triumphs over evil?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by antar]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join