Time Portal in Arizona

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
tucsonweekly.com/gbase/currents/Content?oid=oid:47018 - - - - Couldn't get the link to work, so just paste this.

Nearly ten years ago I heard a man by the name of Ron Quinn relate some incredible stories of a “Twilight Zone” in Arizona where some really bizarre things have happened. The earliest known story was about three Indians in the early 1800’s that “were hunting and upon returning to their village, discovered a stone archway. Being in a jubilant mood, they began chasing one another through the opening in a playful manner.
Moments later, one jumped through but never emerged from the opposite side. Fearing they had entered some sacred ground of the gods, the remaining two fled the scene. Arriving at the village, they told the medicine man how their friend had vanished before their eyes.

As the story spread, others journeyed to the high plateau to gaze upon the stone structure. Rocks and other items were tossed through, but nothing occurred--until an elderly woman approached. Tossing in a live rabbit, it suddenly vanished. The Indians backed off in fear and spread the story of this "Doorway to the Gods," as it came to be known.”

Quinn related many other personal stories that were very believable. I lived there at that time and was very interested in traveling to the site myself, but Quinn was determined to keep it a secret from people, and wouldn’t say anything more than that it was in southeast section of Arizona. That would’ve been like tiring to find a needle in a hay stack.

Well the other day I just happen to find this article. This time Quinn, now in his seventies, has given more details concerning the location due to some concerns he has of a power line that is going nearby. Friends, I’m off to find out if this place is for real!

Meanwhile, enjoy the stories from the provided link, and maybe I’ll see some you out there.





[edit on 28-8-2008 by apaulo]




posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Darn that IS a coincidence. I was just thinking about that story too. I read it a few years back and I can't stop thinking about it.



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Wow- good luck with your search! I look forward to hearing about your findings



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo
Moments later, one jumped through but never emerged from the opposite side. Fearing they had entered some sacred ground of the gods, the remaining two fled the scene. ...Tossing in a live rabbit, it suddenly vanished. The Indians backed off in fear and spread the story of this "Doorway to the Gods," as it came to be known.”

Friends, I’m off to find out if this place is for real!


Very exciting. Can't wait to see your post. In northern Arizona in 1977 I tried the holy sacrament of the Hopi tribe -- which is peyote. BUT, BE CAREFUL, because the buds of the peyote cactus are filled with cyanide, and the 'veins' must be cut out or you'll poison yourself and die. With the dried buds, there's a white powder, which is cyanide, which must be scraped off.

The pictures throughout the southwest and in mexico of the indians dancing with a halo spectrum about them, is them being on peyote.

There's a real time portal for you in Arizona, all right, just be careful. However, this time portal is hallucinagenic and is in consciousness and percieved reality.

Better to have a 'guide'.

My down jacket disappeared from under a pool table in Flagstaff when I was on peyote ... someone stole it. Then I walked around all night when the temperature was about 5 degrees above zero, and walked intothe sheriffs station to say hello, since everything else was closed. They didn't care.

The rest of the night until dawn I watched the sliver of a moon washed over with ultraviolet light in waves, different colors of waves coming out of the stars, and spectrums reflecting in each snow crystal on the ground.

Never tried ectasy, have no idea what that's like. Peyote is the opposite of acid, however. Acid is cerebral and stacatto. Peyote is like being rooted in the earth. However, o.d.'s are different and don't want to go there.



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wow! Please keep us posted for further updates... sounds very interesting! Thanks



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Learn something new every day
Nice Thread, keep us fresh with the updates



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Are you talking about my dear friend aka one armed Ron?



posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I remember listening to this show on C2C. It was very fascinating, and I also was thinking about this story recently. I stumbled upon the Ted the Caver stuff, and it made me think about this time portal thing in Arizona.

What is the time frame for your trip, and when should we expect you back? (or begin to wonder if you will be back
)



posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
Darn that IS a coincidence. I was just thinking about that story too. I read it a few years back and I can't stop thinking about it.


Yeah, I know the feeling. I’m just amazed that I couldn’t find anything on ATS.



Originally posted by counterterrorist

Very exciting. Can't wait to see your post. In northern Arizona in 1977 I tried the holy sacrament of the Hopi tribe -- which is peyote. BUT, BE CAREFUL, because the buds of the peyote cactus are filled with cyanide, and the 'veins' must be cut out or you'll poison yourself and die. With the dried buds, there's a white powder, which is cyanide, which must be scraped off.


Excellent advice! I’ll be sure to remember this.




Originally posted by antar
Are you talking about my dear friend aka one armed Ron?


Huh? Oh yeah, one armed Ron… absolutely.



Originally posted by Alora
Wow- good luck with your search! I look forward to hearing about your findings



Originally posted by LunarLooney1
Wow! Please keep us posted for further updates... sounds very interesting! Thanks




Originally posted by evo80
I remember listening to this show on C2C. It was very fascinating, and I also was thinking about this story recently. I stumbled upon the Ted the Caver stuff, and it made me think about this time portal thing in Arizona.

What is the time frame for your trip, and when should we expect you back? (or begin to wonder if you will be back
)


For the first time I can actually understand why people make up stories... It would be a blast to take my laptop into the dessert and send in daily progress reports. Like about a weeks worth of dead ends, until finally I run into a bunch of freaky paranormal stuff.


But truthfully, I still live in Oklahoma. I won’t be back in Arizona until December at the earliest, so sorry if I was misleading. I will be going out there though, and maybe I will do the daily progress report. That would be fun. Needless to say, I love hiking, so whether I find nothing more than some dragon eggs, it will be a blast!
BTW, I heard that C2C show also. Very cool!

[edit on 29-8-2008 by apaulo]



posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
the storyed Arch that was a portal to somewhere else
may be long gone since the 1800s story.

Arches collapse all the time... like the most recent one...reported on 8-8-08.

The natural stone archway called 'Wall Arch' is not in AZ...
but Wall Arch might be an example of why the OP quest might be for naught.



story & pics here: www.nationalparkstraveler.com...




??why would that spiritual gateway to the gods, supposedly a revernt place, be openly said to be located in SouthEast Arizona?
You'ld think that the location would be kept sort of secret from the uninitiated & heathens.... so maybe the place isn't in SE Arizona but somewhere else entirely...iow, the story is intended to sent one off on a wild goose chase..

but good luck if you chose this quest.



posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the storyed Arch that was a portal to somewhere else
may be long gone since the 1800s story.

Arches collapse all the time... like the most recent one...reported on 8-8-08.

The natural stone archway called 'Wall Arch' is not in AZ...
but Wall Arch might be an example of why the OP quest might be for naught.



If you'll follow the link to the rest of the story you'll find that the arch is now two pillars, but as far as being some sacred place that is actually a “gateway to the Gods,” I hold no such conviction. A mysterious anomaly can be suspected, but nothing more.

Yet, I take it you have never been exploring. You need to tap into your inner Indiana Jones, and discover that the journey is the greatest part. I’ve been on many such adventures, not for anomalies, but relics, ruins, and artifacts. I used to do museum quality restoration work for ancient artifacts, and that influence got me started. It’s a blast!


[edit on 29-8-2008 by apaulo]



posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thank you OP for posting this.

Growing up in Arizona and traveling around the state extensively, I have never heard this story. My father was one of these treasure hunters. I would spend weekends with my father heading out to old ghost towns in his FJ. Metal detectors beeping and digging through dirt, it was a great time and I learned alot.

Southern Arizona has a rich history and a very diverse geology, read up on the beginning of "Gem and mineral show". Caves in Southern Arizona abound and many are still kept secrets from the general population as so they will not be destroyed. My grandmother was friends with the family that kept the secret of Kartchner caverns all those years.

azstateparks.com...

La Tetera cave spanish forthe teapot was found and the location never released.

www.fox11az.com...

As for the original story, it places many clues on its location and your right. It is NOT in South Eastern Arizona.
Thanks to the Author for hiding the clues in plain site to keep people from visiting the real area. Southern Arizona is not a walk in the park or a simple day hike, Desert heat, rattle snakes, and terrain make it very formidable place. Many hikers and immigrants find themselves in a bind very fast in our unforgiving desert.

The portal is not an entrance to the spiritual gateway, it is portrayed as a time portal. From what the story said the time differential could be any amount a time, 1 day to 3000 years?. Maybe the portals time differential depends on the strength of electrical storms. Southern Arizona has some of the best electrical storms in the nation.

Think about this: All those stories of finding human skulls and artifacts that are anachronisms . This idea of time portals could be the clue how people and items could end up in areas where they should not be within the given time period.

I for one will not be heading out looking for this portal any time soon. But, I had a discussion with my wife last night. I told her if I do, I will pick a location to hide an item that could last 700 years if I should go missing, she should look in this location for this item. What item would last 700 years? A stainless watch she gave me? I only live 1 hour from the supposed portal location. Hmmm, finding it would be days, months even years.

The stories could hold some truth, I dont think at the time anyone would want to be known as the Crazy fool telling these stories in such a small town. The population is still very low in these areas , This would help in the cohesion of the original stories.



posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I wonder if this is where Louis Lamour got the idea for his time portal in the desert story?

A work of fiction and a fun read.



posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by divideby3
 




Originally posted by divideby3
Southern Arizona has a rich history and a very diverse geology, read up on the beginning of "Gem and mineral show". Caves in Southern Arizona abound and many are still kept secrets from the general population as so they will not be destroyed. My grandmother was friends with the family that kept the secret of Kartchner caverns all those years.


You’re absolutely right about the diverse geology and the caves. A good friend of mine was a serious Caver and he wouldn’t even reveal the locations of some of his personal finds due to the incredible temptations he discovered. They have the highest respect for caves.


Originally posted by divideby3
Think about this: All those stories of finding human skulls and artifacts that are anachronisms . This idea of time portals could be the clue how people and items could end up in areas where they should not be within the given time period.


I was thinking about this, too. But something else that has been on my mind for years is the disappearance of the Anasazi . I wonder if there is some sort of link… not necessarily to the this “time portal” but maybe something similar.


Originally posted by divideby3
I for one will not be heading out looking for this portal any time soon.


What?
Just one measly little hour away? You better check it out… just make sure you report back.


[edit on 29-8-2008 by apaulo]



posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo

I take it you have never been exploring. You need to tap into your inner Indiana Jones, and discover that the journey is the greatest part. I’ve been on many such adventures, not for anomalies, but relics, ruins, and artifacts. I used to do museum quality restoration work for ancient artifacts, and that influence got me started. It’s a blast!





the way i see it... your pulling a Bait And Switch on me.


in the OP, you said "Friends, I'm off to find out if this place is real"
the task being to ascertain if there was some evidence that this remnant had any traits which would be associated with a 'time portal'

in your reply, you go into the archelogical aspects of a (mini) expedition
and uncovering relics and making anthropological conclusions from the evidence .


~sheeze~


want teleported to another 'world'
Tonto Nat Forest is a close day trip NE of Phoenix, Sycamore canyon is another, pick up Arizona Highways for ideas of where one might go to... but be sure to not make that a final destination



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
www.jordanmaxwell.com...
www.jordanmaxwell.com...

show mysterious rocks in impossible positions. Also the mysterious death valley rocks that seem to move by themselves. One picture shows 2 rocks moving in 2 different directions.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by prost
 


Just wanted to say for the links! I have never heard of this before... rocks moving across the desert by themselves, and ships in the desert? I'm scratching my head on this one. Perhaps atime portal is involved. I don't know.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the way i see it... your pulling a Bait And Switch on me....

...in your reply, you go into the archelogical aspects of a (mini) expedition
and uncovering relics and making anthropological conclusions from the evidence .


No, just a misunderstanding…






Originally posted by St Udiowant teleported to another 'world'
Tonto Nat Forest is a close day trip NE of Phoenix, Sycamore canyon is another, pick up Arizona Highways for ideas of where one might go to... but be sure to not make that a final destination


Tonto National Forest… that is a huge chunk of land to explore, but yes, it is very cool. Sycamore canyon was one place I haven’t made it to yet, (pictures of it look beautiful) but I know it wasn’t far from Oak Creek Canyon and I have done some repelling and rock climbing there. Did some mountain biking in Sedona, which REALLY is another world, and probably one of my favorite spots. I’d love to go there again someday. You’re right Arizona Highways is a fantastic magazine for ideas.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I live in Arizona and am always ready to accompany any ATS members who decide to go look for the arch. In a few months winter will be here bringing with it moderate temperatures and ideal weather to go camping in the desert.



posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Been all over that area in the years I lived there. It is best to find these types of places or portals from a very clean and clear space.

Honestly, they tend to find you really. I have seen thousands of people go searching seeking and questing and never find anything out of the usual.

I am interested in a link to Ron's delema about the property. I could call him I suppose yet the last time we spoke he was in his homeland. And since I have no long distance and live in the Mid west just now I will forget before I call him.

And dont let his age fool you, he is never going to get old.

If you guys are for real I could connect you with a guide perhaps.





 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join