It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossils on Mars - A Collection of Evidence

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
By the way, has NASA confirmed or denied publically the existance of water on Mars.
If so, did they say there is water or ice on Mars right now?

Ummm NASA made a big press release

Phoenix finds water on red planet...Phoenix dug a hole spotted ice that sublimated but was just below the surface

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

Mars Soil Resembles Veggie-Garden Dirt, Lander Finds

Soil near the north pole of Mars is surprisingly Earthlike, with a pH not unlike many vegetable gardens, according to preliminary results from the Phoenix Mars Lander.

"You might be able to grow asparagus in it, but strawberries, probably not very well," said Samuel Kounaves, a chemistry professor at Tufts University, during a NASA press conference this afternoon.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

But I wish people would realize NASA is not the only space program

EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY
ESA Reported 28 July 2005
Water ice in crater at Martian north pole

www.esa.int...

I fail to understand why people are having difficulty accepting water on Mars... its in the news... not hidden... bee there for three years...

Also on the Moon...

DOD/NAVY (The OTHER Space Program)

Press Release Pentagon 1996 !!!
Subject: Discovery of Ice on the Moon
by Dr. Dwight Duston, Assistant Deputy for Technology, Ballistic Missile Defense Organization;

" A frozen lake 100 sq km by 50 feet deep..."
www.defenselink.mil...

Hope that answers you question

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Fossils are rare. Go take a walk sometime, even in an remote mountain, or hilly countryside, where not many folks go. Look for fossils. See how many you find. Likely, you'll find none. Fossils are formed by pressure. They don't form on the surface. Typically almost all are deposited as sediments by moving water. Subsequent processes hardened them into sedimentary rock, as overlying pressure squeezed the water out and the grains were cemented together. I.E. you are assuming water was a common and abundant resource where these fossils are found. There is a reason that the most abundant fossils found on our own planet are marine fossils.

This is how they form on earth, I doubt they would form different on any planet, it's fairly hard science here. This being the case, I'm quite staggered by the sheer multitude of fossils the incredibly slow moving Mars rover has found. Above ground, and very obvious. Amazing!

I'm curious how many of those colored pictures the OP and folks who support this feel are actual fossils, or how many are questionable, or how many are probably not, but you are keeping an open mind.

What utter rubbish! Fossils are impossible to find when you are looking in the wrong kind of rock but when you look in the correct type of rock there's zillions of them. There are places in the world where the fossils are literally lying around. The cliffs of Lyme Regis (England) are a great place for fossils since they are also coated in iron pyrite. Ready made gold plated fossils

I've picked up hundreds of fossils when I was a kid the problem was finding a good whole fossil as opposed to bits. I must have cast away hundreds of quarter/half formed ammonites.

Just remembered the old slag heaps from the coal mines when I was a lad (which I wasn't supposed to play on). They were covered in fossils of trees.

The rovers have come across quite a few fossils which Nasa has covered up. Quite why it continues to deny the existence of past life on Mars I have no idea. I suspect an original small lie to protect the religious US citizen 30 years ago has mushroomed into a way of life for NASA.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by darkraver

As usual,I see faces,even though nasa goonies fuzz them out. Sure in 2008 faces on Mars are a laugh riot.Later more advanced examples will prove that we've been lied to for 30 plus years about life on Mars.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Summerilljones low density being reflected in her eye.Enhancement for comparison to Mars beings.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sorry, I read through too quickly. And like I said old demented brain cells

I always come to these hoping for something I can say definitively; there is proof. You and I may never see that in our lifetimes, but the time you are devoting to this is greatly appreciated. I truly wish I could devote time to something like this, but the bill collectors have my number and a business eats all my time even though I often joke that I don't do anything
That makes it even more appreciated.

If I ever spot something myself, I'll pass it along. I've received many hours of entertainment after following your links. It is appreciated.

Also, reading this thread got me digging fossils out of boxes where they are gathering dust.

vze2xjjk,

I don't know what to say? Do you see faces in wallpaper? What is the meaning of your posted pic's?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
so basically a bunch of Italians left some noodles on mars?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Looks like a load of classic pareidolia to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Also, reading this thread got me digging fossils out of boxes where they are gathering dust.

I have a 'few' myself... and other 'rocks'... in the backyard, the house, the garage the pod in the driveway
and they are calling me... and now that the weather is cooling off.... FIELD TRIP

As to it happening in our lifetime... it just might... but the ride has been worth it

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Blaine91555
"vze2xjjk,

I don't know what to say? Do you see faces in wallpaper? What is the meaning of your posted pic's?" < end of quote Blaine,I see faces in pics,even when I can't see them in walking around everyday life.Pics(think about this) CONDENSE all the information and emphasize EDGES. I used to see faces I could not explain and was at a loss to even voice it until over 30 years when I figured it out myself thru the Mars pics,like a voice inside kept saying "look closer".Having seen these pics/animals and weird being faces where they were not possible as a kid and teen prepared me for looking at very misty/unclear/undefined/imperfect/partial images.In other words I'm mentally prepared to have to work harder to fight to see what's there,regardless if the images have been tampered with to disguise the life that's there. I'm an artist with good pattern recognition.I designed the rovers 1987 and am ready to think ahead to discount the misinfo or disinfo that I encountered thru readings and the official Mars story presented by the powers that be. The people on Mars (I've seen)wear no breathing devices,so I discount the temps,air chemistry cited as factual info.I can get past a few lies to see the bigger picture.There are so many animals that it's a very livable environment there. Here's an Earth low density being from a UK guy ,reflected from his eye in a pic I enhanced. vze2xjjk,

I don't know what to say? Do you see faces in wallpaper? What is the meaning of your posted pic's?
Summerilljones pic taken from Photos section www.dislosetv.com Now contrast that with a Mars animal,mouth wide open,no breating devices.
Most people cannot see the Earth-based low density beings,but they exist all around us,thinner than mist. I'm not the first or last to discover them.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I can't believe I missed this. Great work and great thread. Star and Flag.

[edit on 2/17/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
!!!BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!

IRM bumps this thread as it deserves more attention that it has gotten thus far!

InfraRed!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Phenomenal thread my friend!

What a collection of pure evidence, unfortunately I was away when you posted this thread so am just getting to it now, but great job!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
awsome work zogon hun!!!

Im positive and highly beleive there are small fossils on mars!!!

i wish we had more rovers there!!!!
at least a dozen more!!!

I think there will be some shocking finds from mars years to come if not sooner!!!!!!

huggs everyone!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
May I ask a stupid question ? Why are so many of the pictures in black and white ?

Surely we don't go all the way to Mars and take black and white photos ?
There must be colour photos of all of these, surely ?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Nice. Thanks for posting. I love reading/looking at this type of stuff! Also just by looking at those photos I don't know how anyone can say there isnt something there!

Peace

[edit on 3-8-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mumblyjoe

The photos are black and white (greyscale) because they use different filters, and by using the different filters is easier to see the different materials that compose the rocks and the soil.

And if they need a colour photo they just have to use the right filters for red, green and blue to recreate a colour photo, like a digital camera would do (although the system would be slightly different).

Also, a greyscale camera can be smaller, easier to make and less affected by radiation (the sensor pixels do not have to be so small as the ones on a colour sensor for the same size and resolution).

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Many thanks ArMaP, please excuse my ignorance...
line 2

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Zorgon ,there's so much in this picture. The 2 large skulls look similar,and the further back one reminds me of a hippo with large round charcoal eyes close together on the head front¢er,which I circled.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by vze2xjjk]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by Oldnslo

Water is still flowing on the surface and if water has been on Mars for billions of years, there is no reason not to suspect that life, in many forms, may have existed throughout this entire period.

no water has been found on the surface of mars. We know mars lost its magnetosphere 4 billion years ago . Bye bye atmosphere & water

we also know the history of mars is violent lots of volcanoes/lava and meteor impacts. The atmosphere is so sterile its likely theres no life on mars.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by yeti101]

Were there's snow there's water.

Great Thread Zorgon well put together.

Thanks

Ocker

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Ice and snow on Mars is nothing really new, what has yet to be seen is flowing (or standing) liquid water.

What many people see as mud I see as a very fine and very dry dust, like the one in which Spirit has been stuck since May.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join