It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossils on Mars - A Collection of Evidence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Here are similar ones on Earth

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The only reason Marsanomaly Research enters into this is because I gave credit to 'first find' to Skipper on the skull like objects... all the reats are from NASA and Livingmoon...

Originally posted by darkraver
cause rovers and landers up there don't even have the real organic analyzing apparatus to my knowledge...
at least not those that the general public knows of...

Well not quite true my friend

right...
and again we are talking about soil analyzing,mineral detecting...

what does that say about organic compounds?
nothing

for bone matter for example
it would have to have an apparatus for detecting calcium-phosphate molecules for example...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by darkraver

Is that a snail-like trail?

It looks nothing like the homogeneous, lubricated trails snails make, it looks more like a trail made by something that rolled over itself.

nah, it is homogeneous, not lubricated though,like sth dragged that stone there
or it dragged itself there

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
They are playing a game. I did misunderstand at first.

Yes quite right, Now you see my point

Did you find the links to the originals alright? They are all on the page...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle
And to be honest, it looks like an old car door handle.

HEY NOW Great find... thanks I do believe you are right
I would say a pretty good match... Mind if I clip that for reference?

At least NASA has a sense of humor... something a few more here at ATS could use

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

It just MUST be a rock doesn't it?

It sure does, aren't it!!!

I must be missing a few posts from this thread, page 2 seems to have instantly become a war of sorts.

Personally, I am a believer that where there is smoke, there is fire.

So if there was a time when water was abundant on mars then I also believe there was, at the very least, microorganisms. More likely simple plant life and similar life forms.

If it takes humans an entire life to peice together a possible story of the history of a region on Earth based on fossil digs and considering evolutionary changes over millions of years, what makes anyone think that high altitude low resolution images, or a robot plodding along digging randomly and snapping generic landscapes, will ever tell us anything about the history or Mars?

Is there life there now? I would say possibly. We've seen it on earth in far less hospitible environments.

Arguing over rocks isnt going to prove it one way or another. And the fact is, thats all they are while we have no tangible evidence to the contrary. At least IMO.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Welllll... to me it looks really,really hipbone-ish

I guess it does also to all biologists out there...
but hey!
we are discussing life here aren't we?
fossils and remains and stuff?
guess it makes me kinnda more competent than an engineer to argue on this topic then...

Unfortunately, any sway you have with your argument based on your knowledge of the topic, is lost by the WAY you argue it.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

It may not go down with those hardcore folk, but that image just stood out as dubious, and taking into account that the PDF presentation was chock full of colourful imagery, I did wonder if it was thrown out there with the purpose of making people think. It would definitely fit the 'Unfathomable' criteria

But as Zorgon has not had any correspondance back from the guy, Im wondering if the intent was a bit more disingenuous...

Cheers Vector !

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
100% well done on the work here mate, good on ya, it must have took you a while.

My thoughts, and im no expert, with this kinda thing, its just what looks like something, and what doesnt.

some you really have to stare and prob make something up.
Others tho, are right there, you dont have to try, it LOOKS like what we think it is, or are reading what it should be.

Certainly very intersting stuff.

Here is my take on forums.
if i like something ill reply.
if i dont, i wont.
i see no logic in starting an argument or causing unrest.

there is a fine line between a cracking discussion and an argument.

Good thread, well done, very interesting to say the least

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

And to be honest, it looks like an old car door handle.

HEY NOW Great find... thanks I do believe you are right
I would say a pretty good match... Mind if I clip that for reference?

Not at all mate !!

At least NASA has a sense of humor... something a few more here at ATS could use

We all have our moments, I think a lot of the time it's just a communication breakdown, which causes some discontent..

Still, threads like this are what brought me to ATS in the first place.

Excellent way to start Saturday morning !!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

It may not go down with those hardcore folk, but that image just stood out as dubious, and taking into account that the PDF presentation was chock full of colourful imagery, I did wonder if it was thrown out there with the purpose of making people think. It would definitely fit the 'Unfathomable' criteria

100% my view there buddy!

Originally posted by shauny

i see no logic in starting an argument or causing unrest.

there is a fine line between a cracking discussion and an argument.

Arguement and unrest is there when people, as in this case, say 'Hey OP, no, I don;t agree, and here's why!'. If people didnlt post their disagreements in threads this would be a terrible, terrible place. And why the heck are you up this late buddy? I've been drinking, thats my terrible excuse, and I'm just off!...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J

Yes. You must.

Sadly your links don;t work. And I don;t care if you show me a picture of a huge amount of hipbones. You need to show one in a similar orientation and highlight the similarities in the original Mars picture you used...

no I don't
you're not blind nor stupid not to see the similarities yourself

the problem should be if you don't want to see similarities

strange way of disscussing things you have...
everything must be drawn to you

I'm no expert in photoshopping or similar orientation finding

ah,here it goes again:

www.spjc.edu...

www.spjc.edu...

www.spjc.edu...

and a human one,even more alike:

www.netterimages.com...

"let the people decide for themselves
"
ehm,for all those who can see similarities without crayons

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

ok now see? I can actually wrap my head around this kind of information regarding life ( be it past or present) on Mars..thisis the kind of info and theories I can swallow...not the "Oh HI! Were from Venus" flim flammery. Starred and flagged...good one Zorgon!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Way to completely and utterly miss my point!

I know what a hip bone looks like. I asked you to post one and draw direct comparisons to that Mars pic of yours. You haven't.

I don;t require everything drawn for me, just when someone is not amking any real sense.

Zorgon posted his pictures and theories and highlighted bits and made statements. That's what you need to do. highlight the hip bone, then point to the bits of it that directly corespond to bone evidence found on Earth.

If you are going to say a rock on another planet is infact a bone, you need to back it up with direct evidence. Just posting picture of hip bones isn;t enough. You need to post ones that you then use to draw direct comparrions.

Otherwise at a murder trial I may as well say, here's a dead body, not a natural death, and that proves that the defendant infact killed someone, evn though it was a different person entirely...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately, any sway you have with your argument based on your knowledge of the topic, is lost by the WAY you argue it.

ah,why do you think so?
sarcasm is such fun...

I tend to be sarcastic when someone starts flaming

is it a sin?

it is a kind of humor isn't it?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

now i can see you are completely flaming this disscussion

where does it in terms of policy say on this ATS forum I have to do what you say?
i'm no photoshop mediate or expert...

flaming nonsense...

end of disscussion

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Looks like it could be a pyrite framboid, or pyrite related in general, some of the others could be as well...

Source
Early diagenetic pyrite forms as a result of microbial processes in sediments, but has received little attention as a potential source of microbial fossils. Sedimentary pyrite grains, Archean to Jurassic in age, were examined by scanning and transmission electron microscopy (TEM). Ion milling was essential for the preparation of electron transparent TEM samples. Most pyrite grains revealed coccoid, rod-shaped, and even filamentous features that are interpreted as microbial. Identification of microbial remains in sedimentary pyrite may greatly expand our knowledge of microbial life in the sedimentary record. Combined with geochemical characterization, the study of pyritized microbes in the geologic record may in the future enable us to interpret changes in geochemical signatures more realistically in terms of different sulfate-reducing communities. Sedimentary pyrite grains may also represent a good prospect to further our knowledge of past life on Mars.

Could be related to life, could not... seems as if it might go either way

Framboids were once thought to be a fossilised bacterial colonies or microorganisms, but successful synthesis of this structure under laboratory conditions and observation of framboids in locations hostile to microbial life have discounted this theory.

More info on pyrite activity on Mars

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thats it.. its official there once was life on mars... Nasa should announce it already...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J

Yes. You must.

Sadly your links don;t work. And I don;t care if you show me a picture of a huge amount of hipbones. You need to show one in a similar orientation and highlight the similarities in the original Mars picture you used...

no I don't
you're not blind nor stupid not to see the similarities yourself

the problem should be if you don't want to see similarities

strange way of disscussing things you have...
everything must be drawn to you

I'm no expert in photoshopping or similar orientation finding

ah,here it goes again:

www.spjc.edu...

www.spjc.edu...

www.spjc.edu...

and a human one,even more alike:

www.netterimages.com...

"let the people decide for themselves
"
ehm,for all those who can see similarities without crayons

Im sorry, but where in any of those images is there anything even remotely similar to this image?

You're doing an aweful lot of pontificating while providing absoltely nothing of merit to the debate you started, with the words "here is a hipbone of sth. ,no doubt
" - yes, yes indeed there is doubt.

Stop being so pompous and try to present your claims coherently. And yes, proof of a claim is the burdon of the person with the claim - not those who they are presenting it to.

This all reminds me of an episode of blackadder;

Baldric: My Lord, there is a lady outside to see you.
Blackadder: Oh is she pretty ?
Baldric: I don't know, what d'you think?
Blackadder: Well I don't know do I? I haven't seen her yet. Make yourself scarce Baldrick.
Baldric: Oh right.

[edit on 8/30/2008 by bloodcircle]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join