It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossils on Mars - A Collection of Evidence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I would like to add an interesting document to this thread. It is called Analysis of evidence of Mars life and was written by Gilbert V. Levin, Ph.D., after "The Carnegie Institution Geophysical Laboratory Seminar" which was held in May 2007.

This is the abstract of the document:

Gillevinia straata, the scientific name [1, 2] recognizing the first extraterrestrial living form ever nomenclated, as well as the existence of a new biological kingdom, Jakobia, in a new biosphere -Marciana- of what now has become the living system Solaria, is grounded on old evidence reinterpreted in the light of newly acquired facts.
The present exposition provides a summary overview of all these grounds, outlined here as follows. A more detailed paper is being prepared for publication.

mars.spherix.com...

Further reading:
en.wikipedia.org...
mars.spherix.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
I also have no intention of dragging this out to detract from the fossil evidence

I wasn't aware that asking you a couple of questions, about something you presented as part of the topic at hand, was considered dragging anything out or detracting from a thread, a thread in which it was cited as a point, by the author.

But hey.

Some of the 'fossils' look reminicent of shell's and similar fossils, others look like rocks, rocks partially benath the surface sand, or soil, and rocks that when the light strikes them in this manner make them look more intriguing than they otherwise would.

I'd wager that if those pictures were taken at a different time of day, you'd be highlighting a bunch of different ones and calling them fossil evidence...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Some of those pictures look amazing. That enhanced beetle fossil, is that the actual fossil from Mars? If so, that and the first picture, in my mind at least, is the best proof we have so far of life beyond our planet.
Amazing stuff

Some of the 'fossils' look reminicent of shell's and similar fossils, others look like rocks

Guess what, a fossil is a rock.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sn00daard
Guess what, a fossil is a rock.

Damn. You sure told me. Wow. I had no idea.

Could I possibly have been using the word 'rock' to indicate all the non-fossil rocks out there? No, of course not, that'd be ridiculous wouldn;t it!...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
[edit on 8/29/08 by SlytOfHnd]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
here is a hipbone of sth. ,no doubt

link:
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by darkraver

What? I mean, what?

How is there 'no doubt'? What about that rock is patently a hip bone?...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SlytOfHnd

If this stuff is all over the internet, as you say, could you please post some links to where we can find all this information? I look forward to check out the links you will provide us with, to see if you are right. Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Zorgon, you are preaching to the choir. I am absolutely convinced an advanced species lived, or is living on Mars. May I take this moment to thank you for your incredibly informative posts. The whole sol time on Mars has still left me reeling. You rock.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlytOfHndFor crying out loud armap, I would expect more from you.
Expecting what?

And what did I do to fail your expectations?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

THE GARVIN TRILOBITE

Awesome thread

It will be great when we finally get people up there to get samples.

Only one critique - You need to clearly state with this image that the trilobite is not a blowup from that Mars Image. The way it is posted leads to that belief. Some people might mistakenly think that. I may be wrong but that looks like it has been manipulated, added or enhanced. That looks like the real deal and I've collected thousands of trilobites personally.

I looked at the graphic from the living moon site for that. Where do I get the full res original. Was that in a ground out area? You can see circular lines extending from it. Please give me the title from the original or a link. I'm very interested? Without the original I'm very skeptical about the photo manipulation.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I only noticed now that I never pointed to what I thought looked like a hand, so here it is.

It may be a trick of the light, but it looks like a hand to me.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This in NO WAY is intended to discredit the OP, nor is it an attack on him or his beliefs...

However...

I see nothing to even remotely believe there ever was or is life on Mars, per the "evidence" in this topic...

Bravo for your compendium and all that, but you have not convinced this skeptic..... The only "evidence" you have provided though are images of a "could be" nature....

Humans look for familiarities in things.. It brings us comfort, and allows our imagination to roam...

I have often sat above a patterned tile, looking to see if I could pick out "faces" or anything like that.. Who hasn't looked up at a cloud and thought it resembled something familiar?... I've even seen wood grain in building materials that resembled the shape of something else...

I could go out to any landscape and find these exact formations, and they were formed by geological processes..

The only remotely interesting things I have seen from Mars is the possibility of water, and those photos that show what appear to be flora....

It's unfortunate that at the current rate of exploration, we may never know the true answers...

So, nice work on the pooling of information, but I would have to lend my opinion that there is nothing interesting here...

I believe this phenomena started with the "face" on Mars, which even itself has been proven to be just a large/un-facelike feature of the terrain...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J

What? I mean, what?

How is there 'no doubt'? What about that rock is patently a hip bone?...

i'm not nodoubt-ing in real sense, cause I cannot be sure 100%,after all allwe have are just photos, but am sure about 90%

you obviously have never ever seen a,for ex., K9's hipbone...

look it up on google darling...

if it was Earth you would without a doubt conclude that this is a dead doglike mammal remains...
but hell,we're talking about Mars here don't we?
It just MUST be a rock doesn't it?

for the sake of argument, the acetabulum-like hole, bone christa above it, and the coccygix like add-ons,expecially when both together, are more conclusive to a hipbone than a rock...

that is my argument, what exactly is yours again?
"Mars is a dead planet"?,
...that is defacto as sure as "The living Moon"

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkraver
i'm not nodoubt-ing in real sense

What on earth does that even mean?

I am well aware of what a hipbone looks like.

if it was Earth you would without a doubt conclude that this is a dead doglike mammal remains...

No I wouldn't. I looks like a not particularly remarkable rock.

I've made not comment like that anywhere.

for the sake of argument, the acetabulum-like hole, bone christa above it, and the coccygix like add-ons,expecially when both together, are more conclusive to a hipbone than a rock...

I'm an engineer, not a biologist, so I have no idea what most of those terms are, however I can see what you are taking to be the socket of the 'hipbone'. And to me, thats just a concave section, on a rock. Can you provide any pictures of hipbones that you can correlate with any degree of accuracy to the picture you showed?

that is my argument, what exactly is yours again?
"Mars is a dead planet"?,
...that is defacto as sure as "The living Moon"

I didn;t present one, but I just did. I've never talked of Mars as a dead planet, please stop putting words in my mouth...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I am well aware of what a hipbone looks like.

Are you sure?

No I wouldn't. I looks like a not particularly remarkable rock.

Welllll... to me it looks really,really hipbone-ish

I guess it does also to all biologists out there...
but hey!
we are discussing life here aren't we?
fossils and remains and stuff?
guess it makes me kinnda more competent than an engineer to argue on this topic then...

I've made not comment like that anywhere.

But you do suggest that there are no fossils on Mars,only rocks, right?
right?

I'm an engineer, not a biologist, so I have no idea what most of those terms are, however I can see what you are taking to be the socket of the 'hipbone'. And to me, thats just a concave section, on a rock. Can you provide any pictures of hipbones that you can correlate with any degree of accuracy to the picture you showed?

I told you...look it up,google is such a wonderful and easy to use wonder

I didn;t present one, but I just did. I've never talked of Mars as a dead planet, please stop putting words in my mouth...

nah,I'm not putting anything in your mouth,no way!

I'm just liable to generalizing as is the majority of people here...
my appologies for that...
and the sarcasm...

[edit on 29-8-2008 by darkraver]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That stuff from mars anomaly whatever is very suspect. Those rocks appear to be rhyolitic in nature with pockets from expected nodules. Rock looking like that is quite common on earth. Considering the amount of volcanism on Mars that rock should be expected. The nodules and geodes we see on earth come from that type of material and those rounded pockets are quite normal. I'm guessing that and its normally conchoidal fracture is what is giving that appearance. To make the leap to it being bone is one heck of a leap.

Similar material is very abundant south of Twin Falls Idaho and into Nevada. Whole areas are covered with material that looks like that. I will admit that I've reached for a piece thinking it was bone a time or three even though I knew there were no fossils in Igneous rock.

Mars Anomaly Research really should recruit a geologists. But then they would have to shut down the site

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

From my point of view being a life long rockhound who completed much of a degree in Geology before switching majors, I would immediately think I was looking at normal rhyolitic rock with the pockets where so many nodules are normally found and I would have known the conchoidal fracture was normal for it as well. What I see is evidence of a lava flow in that area that cooled slowly.

I'm going to set my degree of certainty at 99+%. You see some little gems like Agates, Jaspers, Nodules and Geodes are mixed in with such rocks. They form in the round pockets and fractures after the fact. I gathered many tons of all of the above from areas littered with rocks that look just like that.

If I were a Biologist I would see it differently and I think what we see is dependent on our life experience. One thing is certain this is reminding me I have not been rock hunting in a while and making me want to take a trip to Arizona this winter. There are some sites there I really want to explore.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Are you sure?

Yup, I know what hip bones look like.

Welllll... to me it looks really,really hipbone-ish

I guess it does also to all biologists out there...
but hey!
we are discussing life here aren't we?
fossils and remains and stuff?
guess it makes me kinnda more competent than an engineer to argue on this topic then...

Not when you offer no evidence to back up your claim.

But you do suggest that there are no fossils on Mars,only rocks, right?
right?

Nope, never said anything like that.

I told you...look it up,google is such a wonderful and easy to use wonder

Yes it is. But you're claiming this is evidence, the bruden of proof is on you to show why.

nah,I'm not putting anything in your mouth,no way!

I'm just liable to generalizing as is the majority of people here...
my appologies for that...
and the sarcasm...

[edit on 29-8-2008 by darkraver]

You are doing both. Kindly don't...

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Vector J]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join