It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Ghosts are not Real

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone
I think everyone is thinking I'm dave420 or something.

At the start of this thread I thought the same thing. Except I knew you two had different nicks/avatars but I somehow thought these guys are the same person. It seemed odd and I never suspect people use multiple logins.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

do you see god? the devil? or other divinities of belief? and yet, everyday someone "experiences" or "sees" and believes in something one may not be able to physically touch. what one person experiences may not be the same as the next one but that doesn't mean it does not exist. i would like to think that there is still a little mystery out there in a world so full of the here and now business. must we prove every little thing. maybe these things happen, but only in a certain disposition, only to or how or where it is supposed to occur, only, we are the receivers of an experience that is not of the everyday. myself? i like a little mystery.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Hmm, I don't know what else to say other than you can have a mod check our IPs and if dave really does live in Germany like he claims you should be able to track his IP address to some place in germany.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

No problem

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulstone
If ghosts or spirits are real why aren't there reported sightings all over NYC after 9/11. Shouldn't the old WTC ruins be completely amassed with ghosts?

i just thought of that the other day

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Why there are no ghosts.

Because I'm not the only person that has said this to a family member..."hey, if I die, I will do everything in my power to come back, to show up, to communicate, that there is an after life and I am either screwed, or everything is great, meet you when you get here."

None, of us has been able to do that. Not one Mother that has died has come back to soothe their children....not one father...or child to soothe the grieving parent.....

Stick to the UFO stuff.....at least we know that there is life out there besides us, if you can accept math and odds.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The thread started by dunwhichwitch on invisable beings in our cities,could be one form of Ghost.

From that thread the subject of Getteysberg came up there seems to be some strange stuff happening there as in a time loop thing(or some recording) im still surfing through the crap but some pretty freaky(and somewhat intresting) stories and studies done on that place.

I wont quote the bible but will share my personal opinion i believe in the holy sprit and all that go's with that and my personal teachings tell me to discern all spirit's, In my opinion there are ghosts and other things out there that with wisdom we can judge(discern) what we are confronting.

The other part to my personal experience is my Nan has seen ghosts all through her life and thinks nothing of it.
Now she infact trys to make some sence in it she also thinks it has a lot to do with the building she lives in as it is very old and in London.

The last one she saw was just a arm or the arm was the only part visable just wonder across her lounge room.

The one before that was her getting up in the middle of the night and while on the loo(of all things!) she sees this little girl in period clothing maybe Edwardian saying "help me mummy" "help me" My Nan rang me in Australia to ask if my Mother (her daughter) had arievd as she was visiting i said yes no worries she here my Nan was relievd and started to tell me about the little girl she seen.

She said she felt so sorry for her as the little girl looked very upset nan said she was a pretty little thing and even askd her "whats wrong little darling" Nan said she could see all the detail in her dress thus she could remember every detail, she just said "mummy" one more time then vanished.

The famous family story from my Nan was just after the War she had a cleaning lady who was with my nan for years while on a business trip in Brussles Wyn(the cleaning lady) fell ill in london apparantly she was asking for my Nan.
Well Nan woke up in the middle of the night to a blinding light at the end of her bed Wyn was in the middle of the beautifull light(as my nan described it) saying "I'm all right now Sally" "I'm alright now" then vanashed nan gets on the phone to England yes to find out that Wyn had not long died and was asking for my Nan.

Do i believe her , of course she my Nan. and she so matter of fact about it.

Just thought i would share is all

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I actually believe most of the people who have talked about their experiences seeing ghosts. I don't have any reason to believe they are lieing,I give them the benefit of the doubt unless they end up being liars about everything then I have a legitimate reason to not believe them (I know everyone can agree with that right ?) Even though I have never seen a ghost (what I have seen I didn't consider a ghost) does not mean they don't exist.A lot exists that I don't know about and have never seen.So to completely dismiss something without a real legitimate reason the people who do that are not rational people and I will dismiss what they told me as bunk . But that still does not mean that everyone is lieing and that others have not seen ghosts (at least in my humble opinion).

I cant wait to see a ghost because I would sure like to ask them what they are doing here and why wont they leave this world ..Oh and why are you coming to me ,what do you want from me lol.

PS.I have some questions to those in the know about ghosts
Why would ghosts come to people they do not know ?
Why wouldnt they go haunt those who tormented them or whatever?
What would be their purpose here even if all they do is haunt ?

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i never belived till one day sat in a frineds house watching telly in front of a blazing coal fire, all of a sudden it went freezing cold and her 5 year old son said hello baby the good bye baby once he said that the room heated up again the thing that got me was the house in question was one that me a friend as children used to tell our little sisters haunted since then i have belived there is life after death not just for humans but for animals i know i hav the spirte of my mums cairn terrior looking after me along with my granddad on my mums side of the family and my nana i have not seen them but heard them and felt them. i have seen a cat on more than one occation watching me from them windowsill at night but it is gone in the morning i also belive it is there to look after me

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sensitive topic, good question though.

Although i don't believe in ghosts. I do believe anything is possible.

I only say I don't believe in them because I've never had a first-hand encounter with a spirit or ghost.

Same goes for Aliens.

Same goes for God.

Until I have personal contact with these things I will not accept others accounts, because I truely believe eye-witness testimony is almost always wrong, exageratted or plain made up.

Pictures, hehe, forget those. emp's , voice recordings, what else, they have balls of light or something? Forget the ghost hunter term for those, but I find those to be really funny. It's called dust where i come from, well at least 99% of the dots i've seen.

But, moveing to the point of the OP.

As far as ground zero haveing ghosts or not, and why....I dunno, I'm not learned on the theory, but since there are no more towers there, there is no place for the spirits to stay and haunt. Don't spirits usually need some type of structure to haunt? I've never heard of a certain "street corner " being haunted. It's always a hotel room, or a prison, or asylum, usually a room, or building where 1 or more terrible tradgedies have happened.

Like in OLD prisons, and Asylums where many people have commited suicides, or were excecuted, hence killed before thier time. Plenty of activity in those places, or so they say.

Again, Woodwitch(sp?) pretty much summed it up on the first page. No one can convince you, aside from haveing your own encounter.

Again I'd rather not have a ghostly encounter thank you very much, but it would take one to make me a believer, not hearing or seeing u-tube tricks of someone elses.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I read where someone had their smoke alarm go off, but I can't find it now. Anyway, I thought I would share this short story. I was friends with a nurse I worked with, and she developed terminal cancer. I had moved away during all this, but we kept in touch. I spoke to her the day before she died, and I asked her to come and visit me if she could and give a sign if able. Well, 2 days after and at 2:00 am our smoke alarm sounded 2 times. We have an electric smoke alarm, no batteries. I believe this was Wendy with every piece of my being. She was a quite practical joker, and I bet she was laughing her a_ _ off, cuz she scared the crap out of me and my husband. By the way in the 7 yrs we've been here, this has never happened again. I know it's not proof, but it is what it is.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

i can only tell you of my experience. if you believe it or not is fine by me..
i felt the presence of someone in my room one morning but when i looked around the room, nobody was there. this GHOST (or whatever you want to call it) then climbed onto my bed and spooned against me.
me being the hero that i am screamed like a girl and scared the GHOST away. i felt the GHOST in my room and i felt the GHOST spoon against me, i literally felt the body against me...........................
take what you want from that but all i can do is tell you what i experienced.
i have thought of that day a million times and i have wished for that person too come back but soooooo far, no joy.
i thought it was one of 2 ex-GFs, i have tracked one down and she wasnt too impressed too learn why i had tracked her down.lol but we are good friends now and i am thankful for that...
i am still trying too find the other GF, someday..........

i dont tell lies for the simple reason, i dont understand what people get from lying. i am an honest man and i only say the truth......
and be careful when you get that feeling that someone is watching you

sleep tight.lol
i believe in GHOSTS now, without a doubt.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Ghosts,..hm this is an interesting subject. Do I believe in Ghosts?? I want to but I need to see it with my own eyes, not a secondary story from someone else. But my nephew told me a story about something he saw in Okinawa, that makes me think differently.

Here is my theories:

1. I feel though that ghosts are nothing more the an imprint on the fabric of time. Something that visually flashes on our plane. There are many things that scientists do not know yet about dimensions and the such, and we may never see any proof in our lifetimes.

2. Then again I think that ghost could be the spirits of people that did not want to go into the light, and are stuck here on this plane until they decide to move.

So because there aren't mass sightings of ghosts, in lets say NYC after 9/11, was because of a possible mass spiritual awareness to all those involved, to let them step over to the other side.

Side Thought:

When people were just stepping out of the buildings, was it a conscious act, or did they see something that we did not through the hole. Maybe they saw heaven. The bodies fell but their souls move forward.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

UFOs are much more my fortay and that's why I signed up on these forums to begin with. At least we have proof that UFOs are real. Whole cities have reported strange happenings in the nights sky.

The closest thing I have found to being made a believer on ghosts is Penetentary (sorry on a mobile) footage on Ghost Hunters. But then again black beings walking around are not necessarily ghosts. If the footage is actually not fake.

There was a post recently about how it's possible to get EVP's anywhere. I wasted a half hour of my day and an hour or so another night trying to see if it actually worked. It did not....

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Side Thought:

When people were just stepping out of the buildings, was it a conscious act, or did they see something that we did not through the hole. Maybe they saw heaven. The bodies fell but their souls move forward.

Yer thats kinda nice,, I hope that for those people. or a loved one beckoning them to come now.

(shivers and sighs)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Res Ipsa, there are actually lots and lots of accounts of loved ones that have come back one last time to say goodbye. Those are not ghosts in my book, though, because after they show up, they're usually gone for good. Ghosts are earthbound and keep hanging around.

I've seen various ghosts in my life -- some very ethereal-looking and transparent, others looking like a normal person, totally solid. Of course my "anecdotes" won't convince any of the debunkers here, oh well. Seeing is knowing, believing is then not necessary anymore. And as some people here said already, the fact that YOU, dave et al, can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It's like someone being color blind arguing with a normal-sighted person that the color red doesn't exist.I think the debunkers are just jealous that they haven't seen anything for themselves.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by sylvie]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Been awhile since I spoke with Woody. She has a special place in my heart. Those who have experienced, and those that choose it is nonsense. We don't really care what you think or believe. Thank you 'sick of it all 2012' from one health care worker to another....I can most relate.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

If you don't care, then why do you keep coming back and posting?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Quote [there are actually lots and lots of accounts of loved ones that have come back one last time to say goodbye. Those are not ghosts in my book, though, because after they show up, they're usually gone for good.]

This happened to me once .And I dont believe in ghosts ..I had forgotten about this but a very dear dear friend died and I dreamed about it before he died *the day before .I told him not to drive please ..he did and died on his way even to see me at exactly midnight on halloween night he died almost exactly as I saw in my dream even someone else was killed with him ...The day of his funeral afterwards I went to lay down and I actually saw a vision of his face (looked very real to me) and he was smileing and said dont worry I will be with you always .(I was in love with him and him me but we never got to be together but one time well lots of times just as friends ) .And then he was Gone ..
Never saw him again .

My mother died recently and we were even closer than he and I were and yet nothing from her ..I miss her so bad ..I would love for her to come see me again .

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Why? Because it occured to me I don't like to be run out a thread by sheer arrogance. That is why.

[

[edit on 8/30/2008 by jpm1602]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join