It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buildings Of The Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Buildings and architecture of the future have always interested me, as well as buildings from the past. This article shows the future concept of living inside a massive self sufficient pyramid, where no cars are needed and crime will be kept to an all time low. Mostly through the close tabs which will be kept on every inch of this mega city.

This is a really interesting concept but I'm not sure if people would want to live in such close quaters, it is interesting to think what would happen, especially over a long period of time. So what does everyone else think?

Article: uk.gizmodo.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rufi0o

I think its slightly creepy looking.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It's nothing but a flashy prison, seperating people from the nature that created them. Now, I'm not against arcologys in principle, but I don't think it's the best solution for most of mankind, only for the densest populated areas with the highest real estate values.

I prefer the classic village or the suburban house. Instead of these behemoths sucking in way too many resources we need the air car so people can commute hundreds or even thousands of miles, using ethanol as fuel for example, or even electrogravitic if the patents drop.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What happens when you spend a lot of time around your family? I dont know about you but we start to argue about trivial things. This mega city wouldnt be ideal for keeping crime at an all time low I dont think, people need space.

It does look like a mega prison. keeping us in one spot, easier to control, maintain, and manipulate.

I dont like it.

There are plans for grocery stores that would be like seven stories tall and each story would have a different food source. The third floor would be produce and it would actually be growing fresh produce that you would pick and buy, then there would be butcher floors, spice floors, so on. That sounds really cool. It would mean that our food is fresher and healthier, it would have radiation or preservatives in it. I would love to shop at the grocery store of the future.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
I prefer the classic village or the suburban house. Instead of these behemoths sucking in way too many resources we need the air car so people can commute hundreds or even thousands of miles, using ethanol as fuel for example, or even electrogravitic if the patents drop.

The classic suburban house are THE behemoths sucking in way too many resources. Buildings like the Megacity Pyramids are designed to be carbon neutral and net energy producers. The skycar won't happen. Ever. Risk of terrorism is too high nowadays. Maybe in 50 years..... and ethanol as fuel is more destructive then gasoline. H2 isn't the answer either, free H2 reacts with O3. Bye bye Ozone layer.....
How do you like your bacon honey? IOh I dunno, stick it out in the sun for a minute or so let the microwaves cook them up nice a crispy...... (Obvious exaggeration btw)

The prison complaint is the only reasonable critique of the Ziggurat project, only the top 1% will even have windows!!!! If even that cuz most of those windows will be dedicated to growing stuff and energy generation......... The megacity pyramid seems like a much better design...

and it'll never happen cuz it's dubai. they never finish what they start
everything we were oohing and aahing about a couple of years ago is now under massive cost overruns and delays that put the ISS project ina good light haha.... joking, nothing could put the ISS in a good light

[edit on 29-8-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Suburban houses, if the technology is democratized, can easily produce most of the energy they consume. They can produce food in their gardens. And they can house a family of 8 for example in good confort. Suburban done right is better than arcology.

Suburban done wrong is a problem, as is transport done wrong. But it's up to people to speak loud with their choices. If Joe Blow lives 100 miles from work and drives a V8 while paying an electric company to sell him electricity over 50 miles with a 30% power loss on transport... well, something's not right.

If the energy cartel is dismantled suburban life will start to work the way it's supposed to. We can actually have something diferent even, a sort of semi rural lifestyle which would be much better than stacking people up in cattleboxes or sheep pyramids.

That said, for some people the urban lifestyle works, and if they trust their city to supply for their needs and want to depend on the system, more power to them. I am not against them and I enjoy engineering megaprojects, it's just not a lifestyle I would want.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Zepherian]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think these concepts defiantly have their place in the world. Learning how to live in these super efficient complexes will provide test beds for establishing colonies on other worlds. I saw a long time ago on the discovery channel that Japan was one of the countries considering building one of these complexes in the future.

new topics

top topics

join