It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain VP Likely Decision

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

And then he sings about bombing Iran. I dont think that is really somthing you should joke about.

I agree all politicians have an agenda and the current state of affairs in this country is the result of a Republican agenda. Clinton was a Democratic president but he worked with the Republican congress much more than Bush has. Again, you can say the Democrats MIGHT do something that will hurt the country but I can show you things the Republicans HAVE done that has hurt the country.

The rise in gas prices started way before 2006 and have continued since then but its the Democratic congresses fault. Increase in demand and no regulation on speculators are the main reasons that gas has gone up so much. Guess who lessened the regulation on speculators?

Cantwell and others have called for stricter oversight of the trading in oil contracts and closing a loophole that a Texas senator inserted at the last minute in a 1,600-page must-pass bill that essentially exempted energy markets from regulation. It's known as the "Enron" loophole

Source

Republicans reject attempts to curb speculators.
Source
Source

McCain on Enron Loophole

Enron Loophole

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Yes I agree that was very distastful what McCain said. Also I want to reiterate something. I am not saying republicans are not responsible for gas prices, I am just saying there are alot of other factors that also are contributing to this. It was in response to the person claiming I was narrow minded. ANd believe me I am not sticking up for Bush. I am just looking at the whole problem and what is causing it. Also republican would have signed that bill if the democrats would sign their bill for expansion of oil exploration. It is a "I will give you that if you give me this" It is sad that congress works this way, and quite childish, however this happens in almost every bill that is passes. Have to go catch my flight to Atlanta. Big Football Game Tonight. Roll Tide!!!

Btw: we obviously have different political opinions. I wont hold it against you and hope you dont hold it against me. Been nice chatting with you.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by tide88]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Oh great if the cancer troubled 72yr old McCain dies in office we have a President whose experience consists of being a council woman, small town mayor, and Governor for less than two years of one of America's least populated backwoods states. Hooray for McCain for screwing himself big time.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm from the show-me state. Im tired of hearing talk. I dont care what they have to 'say'. SHOW ME what you are capable of and what you are willing to do. She has, Obama has not. Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

She has, Obama has not. Simple as that.

Really? What has she shown you?

That she can look nice on a Maxim cover?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by mrsdudara

She has, Obama has not. Simple as that.

Really? What has she shown you?

That she can look nice on a Maxim cover?

So if people breathe a negative word about Barry O. you label them racist, but it's ok to throw around sexist comments?

Oh, I know, it's just a joke, right?

Would you be laughing if somebody posted this about Barry O.:

"Well at least we know Barry O. can make some good fried chicken and we'll have watermelon at the White House dinners. I can't wait to see him get his jiggy down at the inaugural ball with all his homies."

Weren't you the one who mentioned "mature" in one of your posts?

But apparently sexism is ok in your culture. You should consider leaving it there.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

She did not pose for Maxim magazine. But she did do a Vogue photo shoot. Not that it should be held against her. We should judge candidates on issues and their intellectual abilities.

I have more concerns that she is pro-life and that she is pro-creationism being taught in schools. These two facts bother me more than any photo shoot.

Source

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
I have more concerns that she is pro-life and that she is pro-creationism being taught in schools. These two facts bother me more than any photo shoot.

Source

I get where you are coming from, and please don't take this personal, but imo it's a very sad time in the world when "pro-life" is considered cause for concern, and teaching children that there is a God is a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Source

I get where you are coming from, and please don't take this personal, but imo it's a very sad time in the world when "pro-life" is considered cause for concern, and teaching children that there is a God is a bad thing.

Well, pro-life implies that the opposition is pro-death and that is not the case. Its not as though those that are pro-CHOICE are denying or mandating that anyone is required to do something, only that they have the choice. And while you say that there IS a god, not all hold that to be true. Teaching children that there IS a god should be left to parents or their church. Teaching creationism in science classes is not acceptable science. By all means discuss creationism in a Religion/Religious History/Philosophy class, but ensure that all religions and religious views are covered. But this is not the thread for that discussion, so I will leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Source

Well I think it's a sad time when religion feels threatened enough that they have to have religion taught in science classrooms where it doesn't belong.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think this Palin choice for McCain's VP is laughable. It is so obvious that the Republicans are making their decision based upon focus groups and "Madison Ave." thinking. It takes presidential politics to a new low. The selling of an image, rather than a platform.
"Well, let's get a woman to see if we can sway disgruntled Hillary supporters."
News reports suggest McCain has met Pulin twice prior to meeting with her about the choice.

By the way pro-life means against woman's right to her own body. Should be called "pro-first trimester fetus and anti -woman rights".

Just like "insurgents". Hey these are the people who were born in Iraq and live there. The USA troops are the ones who surged in.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Isispriest

I agree on the VP choice, I have nothing against her personally but if I were any of the other possible VP(Romney, Huckabee, Pawlenty, etc) choices I would be pissed that someone who is less qualified was selected above me because of gender. If she was at least equally qualified as any of the other options, I would not think that they chose her based on gender but there were at least 5-8 possible choices for McCain that were much, much more qualified than Palin.

-Jounalism degree
-On a couple state boards
-Ran for deputy mayor and lost
-Mayor of a city with population under 10,000
-Beat out a Republican for Gov in the Alaskan primary, only because of corruption, the incumbent finished 3rd.
-In the Governors race she won against Democrat Knowles who was a one term Governor from 2002.

Now she has been Governor of the 4th smallest state population, for 2 years and she is the Republican VP candidtate?

This choice is based purely on demographics and if I'm surprised that she accepted because she cant possibly be unaware that she was the least qualified candidate and chosen mostly because of her gender.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Not that it should be held against her. We should judge candidates on issues and their intellectual abilities.

and i completely agree

but all she gives us IS the vogue shots

she has voted on nothing
she's done nothing in the order of exectuvie decision making

she has what...20 months experience in politics?

I mean - good for her - grats and all

but what happens if something happens to McCain if they get elected?

She becomes president

She doesnt know what she's doing NOW with 1/50th of the stars under her command

what makes the RNC so sure that she'll know what to do in the unfortunate event hat something happens to John?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Palin ran an entire state for a short time. Obama ran an entire senate seat for a short time. Who has more governing experience? The lady from Alaska, of course.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Palin ran an entire state for a short time. Obama ran an entire senate seat for a short time. Who has more governing experience? The lady from Alaska, of course.

Of course,, because it suits you!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

McCain hasn't run an entire state either, in fact he has much the same type of experience that Obama has. Neither Obama or McCain have had executive government experience.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Of course,, because it suits you!

I'l try to give you more than a T & C violating one line response here.

It may suit me, but facts are facts. Running a state is closer to running the federal government than sitting in the senate. And BTW, Obama hasn't even been doing that for much of his one and only senate term, as he has been out campaigning instead.

So, I guess I can also say that of course you are against Palin because it suits you. No doubt you also correctly perceive the threat having Palin on the GOP ticket creates for Obama's message of "change" (Biden represents change?) and his need for the support of women voters.

At least my choice is based on logic and facts.

[edit on 8/31/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You conservatives have really outdone yourselves on Palin

You are defeating your own candidate.

I call it being political sadomasochistic's. You seem to enjoy destroying the candidate YOU NOMINATED in order to try and Destroy Obama.

And your unbelievable inability to recognize that (or acknowledge it for that matter) is truly breathtaking.

If Palin has more experience, then i guess Ill. Gov. Rod Balgoievecih (i cant spell it) would make a fine President...

Just because you're Governor, doesnt make you good.

Ex-Gov. Ryan reports to prison

Yeah- being governor automaticaly grants you the experience, even if you've only been so for 20 months.

I know people who have worked at MCDONALDS longer than 20 months.

You guys dont have to vote for obama - but atleast vote with your heads

you vote for mccain because rush limbaugh tells you that you should

but 7 months ago - Rush limbaugh was telling you McCain was a doofus who would ruin the republican party

guess who has their x's in a jumble?

THE moronic masses?

Indeed.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Rambling, nonsensical posts like the above are exactly how conservatives know they're winning the argument.

So, then you'll just "love" this article:

article

"We may be seeing the first woman president. As a Democrat, I am reeling,” said Camille Paglia, the cultural critic. “That was the best political speech I have ever seen delivered by an American woman politician. Palin is as tough as nails.”

and

"Good Lord, we had barely 12 hours of Democrat optimism,” said Paglia. “It was a stunningly timed piece of PR by the Republicans.”

[edit on 8/31/2008 by centurion1211]

<< 5  6  7   >>

join