It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain VP Likely Decision

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I do reckon she will be a good pick; either way, the glass ceiling has been broken. America after the election will have either a black President or a female Vice President - a huge coup for advocates of equality.

In my opinion, Obama blew it by not selecting Hilary because that would of been the dream ticket and the Republicans couldn't compete against that team.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Good discussion. I guess this is what happens when you fall asleep on ATS.

Sarah Palin would be the obvious choice if I were VP, but that didn't seem likely. News that would put her on it currently 9:30am central time, McCain's speech at 11am central:

1. Tim Pawlenty will NOT be Dayton Ohio

2. Mitt Romney has not be seen yet

3. A unidentified private jet from Anchorage, Alaska has landed in Ohio.

4. Sarah Palin might be at the Alaska State fair, but it is likely that she is in Ohio.

Tim Pawlenty would be my choice, having been my governor for a while. We should find out in a couple of hours though.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
According to Fox News and CNN, the McCain campaign has officially cofirmed that Sarah Palin is the VP pick. Good choice by McCain....

[edit on 29-8-2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
Regardless, two years as governor is more than Oby has.

Obama was State Senator for 8 years and US Senator for 4. I'm not sure how 2 years as governor and mayor of a small city trumps Obama's experience. But as someone said, it's youth she needs and she has that.

She's also the right gender... I wonder if she knows she's being used because of the location of her organs...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
WOW! Talk about breaking, I shut off the radio for a minute, and McCain's VP leaks: I confirm that: it is Sarah Palin.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yes. NBC is confirming it now.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well, it looks like its a wrap. Sarah Palin is McCain's VP pick. She is 44 years old, 5 children, and will be one of the youngest presidents if McCain's health problem get in the way of the presidency. So, how do you think she'll go with the democrats?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite...either way, the glass ceiling has been broken. America after the election will have either a black President or a female Vice President - a huge coup for advocates of equality.

Either way, they both are going to get an old 'grumpy' white man.

- I dont know how 'grumpy' they actually are...mileage may vary.

Politics reflect the mass consciousness - whether its rigged or not.
So half the people want change, and half people want old energy.

Half the people who want change are insecure about what change means, so they get the 'pseudo' change we question as we hear more of Obamas 'non changing' comments.

True change begins and starts within - it will show up in politics once that has occurred. But not before.

This is the trickle up theory.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yes, either way, we are going to get a old white guy either as VP or president. It is a HUGE step though, both parties doing that. It was 45 years ago yesterday in the march for civil rights on the Mall. It has been only a hundred years, or about three generations since the suffrage movement. This is a great step towards including minorities in politics.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
To be honest I never saw McCain picking a women VP. So I'm really surprised but I'm excited about his choice. First we have an African American nominee and now we have a woman VP nominee.
Heard on the news that she's been a life time NRA member.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This just makes me laugh out loud. McCain has no originality and I believe he only picked a female running mate to give off the impression that he is about change....something Obama has been promising all along. My prediction is this will backfire on McCain.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I dont think he could have chosen a better VP. She is perfect. I was waiting to see the VP choices before choosing who I voted for. Lets face it, in all honesty, neither canidate has a reassuring life expectancy. McCain is old, and not too healthy, Obama has a high risk of assassination. Good chance the VP will be president. I like her a lot. She has a good head on her shoulders and is not afraid of doing what is right no matter the difficulty. She is also known for her follow through, and honesty, from what I have read so far.
Refreshing change

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Actually, I don't think it will backfire. Because if Obama is negative about this, McCain pulls the Hillary card. He ad a good strategist. I am still surprised he didn't pick Pawlenty, that seemed like a typical Republican pick.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I dont think he could have chosen a better VP. She is perfect. I was waiting to see the VP choices before choosing who I voted for. Lets face it, in all honesty, neither canidate has a reassuring life expectancy. McCain is old, and not too healthy, Obama has a high risk of assassination. Good chance the VP will be president. I like her a lot. She has a good head on her shoulders and is not afraid of doing what is right no matter the difficulty. She is also known for her follow through, and honesty, from what I have read so far.
Refreshing change
great post and I agree with you. I'm looking forward to watching the RNC next week.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You mentioned above, neither president has a good life expectancy. I find that true. The KKK and others will NOT be happy at all either having a woman or black man as president. If he is elected, the Secret Service will have their hands full. I am looking at Obama, and not saying anything bad, but he looks like JFK, anyone else think so?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BanzaiBoy

She is in fact, a lifelong NRA member. She's also been known to go hunting and fishing.

Its a terrific pick, and overall, plays incredibly well to the blue-collar voters that McCain is targeting.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
Actually, I don't think it will backfire. Because if Obama is negative about this, McCain pulls the Hillary card.

I don't believe Obama will even think about going negative over McCain's VP selection. I just feel strongly that McCain will be his own worst enemy in the end. I may be wrong, but I feel strongly about this.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by no name needed

Okay, that's legitimate. Critices could spark up and question her about her experience. Obama/McCain have been real friendly lately with McCain running that positive ad during the DNC. Either way, she balances out McCain in a good way, and I think she added to the McCain ticket in a way that either candidate will help the United States.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
THANK GOD.
McCain just won the election. GOP going nuts today, and you can't blame them. All those Hillary votes Obama worked so hard to get last night just switched this morning.
.................I hate saying this but...I told you so
........Gotta go do the happy dance

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yes, the GOP is having a field day. As I would say, the one who laughs last laughs the hardest. See if you can figure out that one! Yes, all those votes Obama worked on last night were just nullified.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join