It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was I a selfish horrid son?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hi. I am just thinking here and i am open to opinons, more so to those who are over 45.

I am a single child. My mother left at me birth, i nearly died. I went in to foster care for two years then my dad had a court battle to gain custody. i was in and out of school, then, i could not keep a job, i took money from my dad sevreal thousands. His now struggling but only now at 25 i know i have done bad, i want to help him out. am i to late?

He has done alot for me and it is hard to be a single parent, and i havent been very greatful, so, me and my dad are alot better now since i got this new partner of mine which i am greatful for, but, what if i do the same to my partner. I dont know why i am like or i i was like it but i am not happy about the way i was. I am getting a job to help my dad now with his house etc.

opinons please?

mod edit: removed all caps title.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
No, you are not too late to repay money you stole. Even a little bit at a time will help your dad. Give as much as you can afford. Stealing is a horrible thing to do, luckily you can redeem yourself by asking for forgiveness and giving the money back.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
true the money bit will show him i do care. but what about my guilt even if my love bcomes stronger yet theres that pain still inside me

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathpoet69
true the money bit will show him i do care. but what about my guilt even if my love bcomes stronger yet theres that pain still inside me

Those are growing pains . Each and everyone of us has done things in our younger days that we look back on and cringe and despise what we did and who we were. You are not alone there.

I had a volatile relationship with my mother until i was about 19 (and stopped being a brat.) She was diagnosed with cancer and died 3 years later.
Your dad is HERE. Show him in any way that you can that you appreciate and love him. Tell HIM what you told us.

Don't worry about you and your partner. One day at a time. You seem to have grown up quite a bit. Live in the moment as best you can.

Best of luck to you ! And remember, it is never too late. =)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You have learned from your mistakes.

What you have to do now is to forgive yourself for the not so good things you did.

You seem to be doing the right thing now.

Best wishes to you.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Forget the money for a moment. The eomtion and your message is what matters. Yeah return the money if you can but make sure you return all the love and adoration as well.

It isn't too late

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
i hug him when he goses back home, which i aint done since i was 9 years old i said i love him but he dont say it back and because of what have done he wouild just say " i d ont know with you" cause i have come across were i say somthing and dont mean it... but now i do because that love is back from when i was a little kid. Whenver i wanted to help sort things out for him, like for example when a man put a knife to him at work, he told me but i had to force it out of him and i said ill sor tit but he said no, i can see why but why? when he comes through confrontation he handles it without even any aggression what so ever were as i am the oppsite.

one time, a man next door threatend me and my girlfriend at the time, so i went to his face when he said he would hit my girlfriend, my dad saw it and told me go in the house, i got a knife and i was going to stab the bloke but my dad holded the door to stop me from doing so, the day after the guy next door cleaned the whole back gardan up and i found that really strange.
I never heard my dad scream or shout, all i saw was, the niegbour coming out to shake my hand... then the next day was cleaning the gardan up.
Why do parents do that, i dont get it dose anyoen know what that could be?
he dont look a very tough type of man and he shows me a different type of man when his round me, maybe he dont show me who he really is?.

I have done soem pretty horrid things and said some awful things to him, and his still stuck with me.

Now i have a partner and he tells me to respect her because i am aggressive in my tone when i cant get my own way lol but i am learning.

Why don't many fathers say, they love someone when the kid is older?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
When growing up we tend to see things in narcistic way,always seems someone has more then you or their parents do more for them,so we sometimes do things without giving them much thought,the fact you felt bad for doing wrong at least your not a sociopath,my fathers been gone for close to 30 yrs,I often wish I could apologize to him for things I had said and done,as a father of 4 I too have had confrontations with my kids at times I wanted to kill them,but I stop and think how I was,so no as long as you are truly sorry how can anyone hold a grudge,and truth be told I love all my kids no matter what happens

top topics

join